Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases "Grand Theft Auto Online"

Rockstar Games now offers the promised new gameplay video from Grand Theft Auto V, their upcoming open-world action sequel. That page seems to be a little choked up, but the clip is also available on the YouTube (NSFW). The clip shows off the game's environments, some cutscenes, and introduces the game's three "heroes." It also shows off gameplay, and how the player can switch between the viewpoints of the multiple protagonists. The clip concludes teasing "and then there's Grand Theft Auto Online, which we will show you properly soon."

View
116 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

96. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 10, 2013, 08:46 nin

InBlack wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 07:49:
Just noticed something, there is "five" embossed in front of the roman numeral "V". I guess thats for people who can't read roman numerals...

/facepalm

Ive heard that the U.S. education system has gone down the tubes in the last 20-30 years or so, but really? Is it really THAT bad???

Yeah, but how often do you use roman numerals? It's like cursive, I'm pretty sure I couldn't tell you every letter, as almost everything is typed anymore...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

95. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 10, 2013, 07:49 InBlack

Just noticed something, there is "five" embossed in front of the roman numeral "V". I guess thats for people who can't read roman numerals...

/facepalm

Ive heard that the U.S. education system has gone down the tubes in the last 20-30 years or so, but really? Is it really THAT bad???

I have a nifty blue line!

94. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 10, 2013, 07:08 Redmask

Yakubs wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 15:07:
Just a friendly reminder to those of you jizzing your pants that there is literally no rational reason to ever pre-order a video game. You'll thank me later.

You can be excited about something without preordering it, just a friendly reminder, you'll thank me later.

93. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 10, 2013, 07:07 InBlack

For some people 400$ (or whatever the consoles cost) is still a lot of money. Most PC enthusiasts invest quite a lot of money into their PC hardware/software so buying another platform just to play a few exclusive games simply doesnt make sense financially. In adition to the financial expense, some of us feel that we are the last defenders of a stalwart and proud tradition. One platform to rule them all and all that...  

I have a nifty blue line!

92. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 10, 2013, 03:00 xXBatmanXx

Fantaz wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 23:28:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 19:00:
Rattlehead wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 18:44:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 18:41:
Rattlehead wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 18:35:
Looks like RDR and GTA V might see a PC release after all
IGN story

How did you get RDR from that? Bit too late to bother with that one now.
I don't see why not. Bully was ported many years to PC after the console version. It's just a guess, that's all.

Bully came out on PC 2 years after the initial PS2 release and half a year after a port to 360 and Wii. We are now 3 years and 2 months past the initial release of RDR. Also RDR was one of the buggiest major console games I know of. I'd love to see it on PC but it's not going to happen.

I still haven't really played RDR because I'm waiting for the PC port to come out... (and if no PC port, then waiting for a PS3/360 emulator for PC to play it.)

I don't understand why people deprive themselves like that. You are missing out on a great game. Played through it 2x. These type of games are made for a console anyway. Or at leats a PC hooked up to big screen using a game pad.....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

91. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 10, 2013, 01:31 Rattlehead

You're gonna be waiting a looooooooooooooooong time bud. As far as I know the PS2 emulator is still laggy as hell and there hasn't even been an Xbox emulator made yet.  

90. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 10, 2013, 01:29 siapnar

To people concerned about there being a PC version or not...

relax

http://i.imgur.com/vZWmxxM.png

I have projectile dysfunction.

89. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 23:28 Fantaz

Sepharo wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 19:00:
IGN story

I don't see why not. Bully was ported many years to PC after the console version. It's just a guess, that's all.

Bully came out on PC 2 years after the initial PS2 release and half a year after a port to 360 and Wii. We are now 3 years and 2 months past the initial release of RDR. Also RDR was one of the buggiest major console games I know of. I'd love to see it on PC but it's not going to happen.

I still haven't really played RDR because I'm waiting for the PC port to come out... (and if no PC port, then waiting for a PS3/360 emulator for PC to play it.)

88. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 19:00 Sepharo

IGN story

87. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 18:44 Rattlehead

IGN story

86. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 18:41 Sepharo

IGN story

85. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 18:40 Rattlehead

deqer wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 18:14:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:01:
Going through the video slowly, looks like weapons will have upgrades as well. During a fire fight, the character goes to the weapon wheel and it shows "Carbine Rifle Extended Clip Grip" and it is off color also slow motion shows "AP Pistol Extended Clip".

Yes, yes... The "Extended Clip Grip", the "Pistol Extended Clip", the "Pistol /w Fortitude Buff", the "Socketed/Gemmed Axe!", and a levelling system to level your weapons too! ...

Wow. More tedious/unnecessary elements (to the game), making it confusing/annoying.

The "Online" title certain fits.

Yes, you MMO nerds/lifers will love this title.
Can you ever post something constructive? All you do is bitch and moan about everything.

84. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 18:35 Rattlehead

IGN story

83. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 18:33 Panickd

PHJF wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 17:45:
So stories with character development can't involve female characters... got it...

That's not what was said, but feel free to continue twisting people's words. You'll get far in life doing that.

82. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 18:21 nin

deqer wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 18:14:
Wow. More tedious/unnecessary elements (to the game), making it confusing/annoying.

The same can be said of your posts.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

81. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 18:14 deqer

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:01:
Going through the video slowly, looks like weapons will have upgrades as well. During a fire fight, the character goes to the weapon wheel and it shows "Carbine Rifle Extended Clip Grip" and it is off color also slow motion shows "AP Pistol Extended Clip".

Yes, yes... The "Extended Clip Grip", the "Pistol Extended Clip", the "Pistol /w Fortitude Buff", the "Socketed/Gemmed Axe!", and a levelling system to level your weapons too! ...

The "Online" title certain fits.

Yes, you MMO nerds/lifers will love this title.

80. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 17:45 PHJF

So stories with character development can't involve female characters... got it...  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

79. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 17:41 Parias

bhcompy wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 17:09:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 15:48:
It's even worse as there aren't any girls to play, I mean why not? Story works fine whether char is male or female but they obviously thought 3 dudes is the way to go..

To me Saints Row is far superior exactly because of that. I want over the top open world action gameplay with toppings of insanity and awesome.. not a realistic crime simulation with 3 unlikable dudes that takes itself sooooo damn serious. But I guess some people like this... to me there is nothing more boring ;/

Must be an age or cultural thing

GTA4 was a story told through the character and Niko was the protagonist. It's crafted around his life, where he is, who he is, etc. It's not an MMO and throwing a_random_person00 into a generic story quest. If you don't like that, don't play GTA. You probably won't like any Metal Gear games, either.

Exactly this - having static characters is integral for the kind of story they're going for.

And I've enjoyed both Saints Row and the Grand Theft Auto series, but for different reasons. If I want something more light-hearted to laugh at, I'll play Saints Row. If I feel like something with (a bit) more character development and backstory at the time, I'll play GTA. But at the end of the day, is it that bizarre that I happen to be able to enjoy both?

78. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 17:09 bhcompy

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 15:48:
wasteoid wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 12:39:
I wish the GTA games allowed you to create your own character, like in the Saints Row games. I wonder if they restrict players to only preset characters due to limiting the player interactions or animations. There has to be some good reason for not allowing full character customization these days.

It's even worse as there aren't any girls to play, I mean why not? Story works fine whether char is male or female but they obviously thought 3 dudes is the way to go..

To me Saints Row is far superior exactly because of that. I want over the top open world action gameplay with toppings of insanity and awesome.. not a realistic crime simulation with 3 unlikable dudes that takes itself sooooo damn serious. But I guess some people like this... to me there is nothing more boring ;/

Must be an age or cultural thing

GTA4 was a story told through the character and Niko was the protagonist. It's crafted around his life, where he is, who he is, etc. It's not an MMO and throwing a_random_person00 into a generic story quest. If you don't like that, don't play GTA. You probably won't like any Metal Gear games, either.

77. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 16:26 Dacron

This makes me sad, I cannot physically play it until it's released on PC, despite owning a ps3 (blu-ray reasons) and it looks amazing.

Damn you Rockstar, damn you. But damn does it look good. Love the HEAT inspired armor car hit.

116 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo