Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Titanfall Preorders Reveal $60 Price

It's never too early to accept customers' money, and keeping with that, Origin is already accepting preorders of Titanfall, even though Respawn's upcoming mech game is not due until the beginning of next year. This also answers the question of price point for the game, which is a AAA project, but is only going to support multiplayer play. The price point turns out to be a full USD $60.00 on Windows, Xbox One, and even the Xbox 360 edition, which will be a port. Thanks IncGamers.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Titanfall Preorders Reveal $60 Price Jul 9, 2013, 19:04 Prez

Multiplayer only = completely uninterested. Too bad, too - the world looks interesting.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Titanfall Preorders Reveal $60 Price Jul 9, 2013, 17:14 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 15:43:
jacobvandy wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 14:45:
Fantaz wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 13:02:
Cutter wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 12:57:
$60 for a MP only game? L u l z!

Diablo 3 was $60? (It was Online only as well...)

Online only != multiplayer only

I don't think you'll be able to play Titanfall solo. If you could, that ought to be a big selling point for them to mention in all these previews and such.

I guess Respawn figured that the multiplayer was the thing that gave CoD its longevity, so may as well skip the SP part?

Don't know why the surprise. The Battlefield series was multi-player only since the beginning. They just recently stuck in single-player after the success of the Bad Company offshoot. I've never played a single COD campaign since Modern Warfare was released because it's all about the multiplayer in that game. (Or it was, until it got ridiculous and I stopped played COD at all...)

I think this game looks great, and I'm glad it will be PC as well as XBone.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

28. Re: Titanfall Preorders Reveal $60 Price Jul 9, 2013, 16:47 Julio

Pass. Origin and Steam are equally bad, so that's a wash. Just not interested in this game. Curious how much the Microsoft exclusivity will cost them in lost PS4 sales.  

27. Re: Titanfall Preorders Reveal $60 Price Jul 9, 2013, 16:03 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 14:45:

Different complaint.

Yeah, seeing as this is EA there will be no private servers - unless you rent one knowing them - no mod tools, etc. So it's a $60 rental for all intents and purposes.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

26. Re: Titanfall Preorders Reveal $60 Price Jul 9, 2013, 15:56 TheEmissary

It would be kind of funny if Titanfall wasn't on Steam. They have some interaction with Valve as they are using a heavily modified source engine.  

25. Re: Titanfall Preorders Reveal $60 Price Jul 9, 2013, 15:43 jdreyer

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 14:45:

I don't think you'll be able to play Titanfall solo. If you could, that ought to be a big selling point for them to mention in all these previews and such.

I guess Respawn figured that the multiplayer was the thing that gave CoD its longevity, so may as well skip the SP part?

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

24. Re: Titanfall Preorders Reveal $60 Price Jul 9, 2013, 14:45 jacobvandy

23. Re: Titanfall Preorders Reveal $60 Price Jul 9, 2013, 14:45 Mr. Tact

Different complaint.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

22. Re: Titanfall Preorders Reveal $60 Price Jul 9, 2013, 14:33 Shataan

I don`t like just mp anymore either. But I do like what I am seeing so far of TitanFall. And I wanna see what they are gonna do with it.  

21. Re: Titanfall Preorders Reveal $60 Price Jul 9, 2013, 14:13 jdreyer

Too bad there's no SP campaign. The world building they did here suggests it would have been awesome. Still, this could be fun if you can set up coop bot matches a la UT3. I just don't like full blown competitive multiplayer. Not worth $60 just for that though.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

20. Re: Titanfall Preorders Reveal $60 Price Jul 9, 2013, 13:30 Sepharo

I know it doesn't really mean much but I'm hoping that their choice to use the Source engine means it's more likely that it'll also appear on Steam.  

19. Re: Titanfall Preorders Reveal $60 Price Jul 9, 2013, 13:20 Beamer

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 12:44:
Beamer wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 12:40:
Verno wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:03:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 10:51:
Yes it is an EA published game, that is why it is on Origin and probably won't be on Steam.

EA Partners contracts tend to be different from their usual publishing arrangement was my point. We saw Bulletstorm on Steam for example. It is possible they signed an additional exclusivity clause for Origin but I'll wait to see.

The Orange Box, L4D and L4D2 were also EA Partners.

But the most recent EA Partners game was Crysis 3. My guess is that Respawn negotiated around this and it'll be on Steam, but we'll see.

Right, but when L4D, L4D2 or the Orange Box came out there was no Origin.
I believe Origin was released not that long before BF3 came out iirc.

Yup, hence my "but." Crysis 3 was Origin only, or pulled from Steam, or whatever.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

18. Re: Titanfall Preorders Reveal $60 Price Jul 9, 2013, 13:02 Shataan

I don`t see it on my Origin. hmmm  

17. Re: Titanfall Preorders Reveal $60 Price Jul 9, 2013, 13:02 Fantaz

16. Re: Titanfall Preorders Reveal $60 Price Jul 9, 2013, 12:57 Cutter

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

15. Re: Titanfall Preorders Reveal $60 Price Jul 9, 2013, 12:49 Verno

Bulletstorm was EAP and released on both Origin and Steam. There are other examples (Shank, etc). It's a possibility, depending on what Respawn figured out with EA. I'm not chomping at the bit to play it or anything but I would be more likely to check it out if it was on Steam, I can't even remember the last time I loaded Origin.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

14. Re: Titanfall Preorders Reveal $60 Price Jul 9, 2013, 12:44 SpectralMeat

Beamer wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 12:40:
Yes it is an EA published game, that is why it is on Origin and probably won't be on Steam.

EA Partners contracts tend to be different from their usual publishing arrangement was my point. We saw Bulletstorm on Steam for example. It is possible they signed an additional exclusivity clause for Origin but I'll wait to see.

But the most recent EA Partners game was Crysis 3. My guess is that Respawn negotiated around this and it'll be on Steam, but we'll see.

Steam: SpectralMeat

13. Re: Titanfall Preorders Reveal $60 Price Jul 9, 2013, 12:43 Creston

Verno wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 12:32:
Creston wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 12:26:
Didn't EA Partners close awhile ago?

I thought so too but apparently not:

The EA Partners program didnít receive much spotlight lately, especially on the indie side, but EA Games Label Vice President Patrick SŲderlund thinks itís only temporary and highlights Titanfall as the perfect example of what the project can achieve, as he shared during a larger interview on the Japanese gaming site 4Gamer.

The number of titles under the label EA Partners is lower than before, but this is only temporary. We donít use the definition much, but the program itself continues. Titanfall by Respawn Entertainment that we presented this year at E3 is the masterpiece of EA Partners. Titanfall is made by an extraordinary team and itís not a game that we could make ourselves.

From this interview where EA trumpets what a great EA Partners game Titanfall is, dated July 1st.

Be interesting to see if this makes it to Steam.

Huh, interesting. I reckon EA will be stupid enough to just limit the game to Origin still, but who knows.

Multiplayer-only shooter. Meh.

Creston

12. Re: Titanfall Preorders Reveal $60 Price Jul 9, 2013, 12:40 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

11. Re: Titanfall Preorders Reveal $60 Price Jul 9, 2013, 12:32 Verno

Creston wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 12:26:
Didn't EA Partners close awhile ago?

I thought so too but apparently not:

The EA Partners program didnít receive much spotlight lately, especially on the indie side, but EA Games Label Vice President Patrick SŲderlund thinks itís only temporary and highlights Titanfall as the perfect example of what the project can achieve, as he shared during a larger interview on the Japanese gaming site 4Gamer.

The number of titles under the label EA Partners is lower than before, but this is only temporary. We donít use the definition much, but the program itself continues. Titanfall by Respawn Entertainment that we presented this year at E3 is the masterpiece of EA Partners. Titanfall is made by an extraordinary team and itís not a game that we could make ourselves.

From this interview where EA trumpets what a great EA Partners game Titanfall is, dated July 1st.

Be interesting to see if this makes it to Steam.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo