Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 9, 2013, 13:08 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 12:46:
Anecdotal Gamestop evidence isn't great - weren't they somewhat surpressing XBOne preorders?

It was never quite confirmed that that was actually happening, but in any case, I would imagine that stopped when MS went full 180 on their DRM horseshit.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 9, 2013, 12:46 Beamer

Anecdotal Gamestop evidence isn't great - weren't they somewhat surpressing XBOne preorders?

I have a friend that works in a department at a major vendor that keeps telling me how preorders look. He says it isn't less than a page vs pages and pages, but it is somewhere along the lines of 100% more, give or take 25%.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 9, 2013, 12:40 Creston

nin wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:17:
I have to wonder if MS will do a last minute price cut to $399. Eating an extra $100 on the console would be painful, but no more so than the competition running away with the show...

That would be the ultimate crow sandwich for them to eat. After 8+ months of "We think we deliver enough value to justify 500 bucks" for them to then have to lower it would be the height of comedy.

Having said that, even a price cut doesn't fix their problems with the camera and it's HAL 9000 reputation...

Lol. "I can't let you do that, Dave." Someone needs to hack a 180 when they're out and make it say that.

Creston

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 9, 2013, 11:34 NeOCidE

Loving my WiiU and ZombiU. Gutted that UBI soft lost out. Nintendo really messed up BIG time.

They'll pull it back with their games once available but their performance really is abysmal.

Trent Reznor - Atticus Ross an incredible team.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 9, 2013, 11:31 NeOCidE

nin wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:17:
McSterls wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:13:
Verno wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 10:35:
I stopped into Gamestop to see if they had any PS4 demo kits yet, I asked the manager how the PS4 vs Xbox One thing was going so far. He flipped up a clipboard with preorder sheets attached, the PS4 one was pages long and the Xbox One was less than a single page. Just a one store anecdote but I found it interesting.

That's how it is everywhere - XBox One is something people don't want, a few killer games and they will get a small following, but I'd say that the PS4 is going to dominate Next Gen for years to come.

I have to wonder if MS will do a last minute price cut to $399. Eating an extra $100 on the console would be painful, but no more so than the competition running away with the show...

Having said that, even a price cut doesn't fix their problems with the camera and it's HAL 9000 reputation...

That HAL 9000 comment made me choke on my lemonade

Trent Reznor - Atticus Ross an incredible team.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 9, 2013, 11:17 nin

McSterls wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:13:
I stopped into Gamestop to see if they had any PS4 demo kits yet, I asked the manager how the PS4 vs Xbox One thing was going so far. He flipped up a clipboard with preorder sheets attached, the PS4 one was pages long and the Xbox One was less than a single page. Just a one store anecdote but I found it interesting.

That's how it is everywhere - XBox One is something people don't want, a few killer games and they will get a small following, but I'd say that the PS4 is going to dominate Next Gen for years to come.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 9, 2013, 11:13 McSterls

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 9, 2013, 10:59 robdot

Zombie u suffered from some completely unfair and unethical reviews. Many reviewers simply gave out wrong information and based review numbers on this bad information. Most simply didnt understand how to play it at all. Common complaints by these idiots were that you had to go into the bag to heal, or to reload, neither of which is true. They also didnt understand how melee worked. There was a push function, which most reviewers didnt seem to even be aware of, or how it worked in conjunction with the melee. All the other complaints i saw about this game were completely invalid.Its a very cool game and anyone who hasnt tried it...should.  

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 9, 2013, 10:35 Verno

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 9, 2013, 10:30 nin

No More PS4 Preorders At GameStop, Guys, Sorry.

Still plenty of XBOne launch editions available...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo