Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow

Rockstar Games reveals they will unveil an official gameplay video tomorrow for Grand Theft Auto V. They specify here it is expected at 10:00 am EDT, likely appointment viewing for fans interested in how the open world action sequel is shaping up. Thanks nin.

View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

29. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 19:57 Wildone

The PC just couldn't handle the XXXXTREEME GRAFIX!!! AND also PC has way too many buttons, it just wont work..  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 19:38 jacobvandy

dubfanatic wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 18:27:
Bully was a new series that eventually came out on PC, although it was two years after the initial release and the port was atrocious. L.A. Noire is another new IP that was released on PC. I don't know why RDR never came out on PC, but it's not because Rockstar doesn't port new franchises to PC.

nin already got it; Red Dead isn't a new IP, the first game came out for Xbox/PS2 like 10 years ago. Only Xbox/PS2. There was never a reasonable expectation for a sequel to come out on PC. Just like there was no reasonable expectation for Bully or L.A. Noire. All of those examples are very unlike the GTA situation, with its history of releases seeing PC versions come out like clockwork 6-8 months later.

Funny how easily people forget that they do the SAME EXACT THING every time, keeping quiet on the PC version until after the console release... GTA IV released April '08 on consoles and the PC version wasn't announced until August. Another example for Vice city: it was October for the initial release, February for PC announcement, and then May for PC release. We're not exactly living on a prayer here, it's a very clear pattern that's only meant to fool the ignorant masses. And sucker those who can't wait into buying two copies.

27. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 19:35 subx

Fantaz wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 19:26:
A lot of people are selling their PS3s now ... so maybe Rockstar is too late?

Hmm, if people are selling them, then other people must be buying them. So, er, what?

26. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 19:26 Fantaz

A lot of people are selling their PS3s now after The Last of Us (which is also the last good PS3 game), so maybe Rockstar is too late? I'll be waiting for the PC version for sure.

ItBurn wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 16:21:
Also, this: pic from reddit

25. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 19:24 nin

If they bring that back, shit, I'll just get the PS3 version, shitty and inferior as it may be.

I got the PS3 one locked in. R*'s web site won't let you change an order, but they were nice enough to cancel my 360 order so I could reorder the PS3 version.

I'm going to take a page from the book of nin and buy a late PS3. I already have Heavy Rain and L.A. Noire, I'll be adding RDR, Last Of Us, and GTA V.

There was a deal last week where newegg was selling 500 gig superslims (with AC3, I believe) for $229 on ebay. My jaw hit the floor (esp after I'd just bought the 320 slim for $250)...naturally, they didn't last long.

If I see another sale like that, I'll post something here. I gnerally find them through K's Moneysaver posts they do about once a day...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

24. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 19:23 Sepharo

I'm going to take a page from the book of nin and buy a late PS3. I already have Heavy Rain and L.A. Noire, I'll be adding RDR, Last Of Us, and GTA V.

Edit: Forgot about Beyond Two Souls

23. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 19:20 Creston

I'm just glad they're bringing "outside the city" back. I LOVED tearing around the countryside in an old Suburban in San Andreas. Especially with three stars and four cops chasing me, and then thundering through some tiny-ass village, crushing six pedestrians on the sidewalk, all while Juice Newton is belting "Queen of Hearts!"

If they bring that back, shit, I'll just get the PS3 version, shitty and inferior as it may be.

Creston

22. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 19:12 nin

Creston wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 19:01:
I better get a bucket and a mop ready, because nin will explode tomorrow.

Creston

Honestly, I'm at the point now where I'm starting to fear that no matter what they do, it might not meet my huge expectations. I keep thinking "what if the city isn't as good as 4's Liberty City?!?!"

21. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 19:01 Creston

I better get a bucket and a mop ready, because nin will explode tomorrow.

Creston

20. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 18:32 nin

dubfanatic wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 18:27:
jacobvandy wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 17:18:
The RDR comparison is completely illogical... That series was NEVER on PC to begin with. It would have been nice to see it ported, but it's a completely different scenario. I.e., GTA was born on PC, and we've had a decade full of releases that consistently release on the platform with the small concession of timed console exclusivity. Which I don't blame them for, by the way, because GTA III never would have happened without Sony's support.

Bully was a new series that eventually came out on PC, although it was two years after the initial release and the port was atrocious. L.A. Noire is another new IP that was released on PC. I don't know why RDR never came out on PC, but it's not because Rockstar doesn't port new franchises to PC.

The previous game in the series, Red Dead Revolver, was also not on the PC.

19. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 18:27 dubfanatic

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 17:18:
The RDR comparison is completely illogical... That series was NEVER on PC to begin with. It would have been nice to see it ported, but it's a completely different scenario. I.e., GTA was born on PC, and we've had a decade full of releases that consistently release on the platform with the small concession of timed console exclusivity. Which I don't blame them for, by the way, because GTA III never would have happened without Sony's support.

18. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 18:03 GovernmentCheese

You'll see a PC announcement within 3 months of GTAV's console release. The make boat loads of money off of the console release, satisfying their shareholders, and then one sales start dipping they'll begin the hype machine for the PC release and possible XB1/PS4 versions.

It sucks, but this franchise makes a lot of people a lot of money each time it releases, and they're only trying to make as much as they can. This has been the pattern of console & PC GTA releases since GTAIII.

17. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 18:00 GovernmentCheese

did they even release gameplay vids prior to shipping for the previous games?

Not directly, no. I would guess the reasoning behind the game play video will be the three-character story mechanic and how that all plays out in the game, as some have questioned what makes GTAV so deserving of the "V" rather than just being GTAIV: Los Santos or something to that degree (this is the first numbered GTA that hasn't been developed on a "next-gen" engine). Also hoping for a bit of a reveal of GTA Online, though I have a feeling that won't be significantly revealed until late August/early September.

16. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 17:18 jacobvandy

15. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 16:35 siapnar

I have complete faith GTA V will be coming to PC. The uproar would be too huge, after every other iteration has been on PC.

Pumped for this trailer!

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 14:18:
Frankly i'm suprised their even gonna show it before release
Yeah, did they even release gameplay vids prior to shipping for the previous games?

I have projectile dysfunction.

14. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 16:24 Techie714

ItBurn wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 16:21:

LOL!!!
*sad panda

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

13. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 16:21 ItBurn

12. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 16:17 Parias

Quinn wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 16:11:
I still strongly believe this game won't become available for PCs. They pulled this fucker with RDR, and they'll do it with GTA5.

Every other GTA game has hit PC though - why not this one?

And to that end - wasn't RDR technically made by a separate group?

11. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 16:17 Xero

Quinn wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 16:11:
I still strongly believe this game won't become available for PCs. They pulled this fucker with RDR, and they'll do it with GTA5.

I think there is too much money at loss for them not to bring it to the PC as well...

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Max Payne 3, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Alpha, Battlefield 3, Outlast, Red Faction Guerrilla

10. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 16:13 ItBurn

The amount of spam about a PC version in every single post they make anywhere must affect them... I have a sliver of hope they're going to make the PC announcement tomorrow.  

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo