Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux

Devolver Digital announces that Shadow Warrior Classic Redux is now available on Steam, offering the promised remastered version of 3D Reams' martial arts first-person shooter. This debuts with a 15% discount off the full price, though cheaper still is the original unaltered version of the game, which is still offered on Steam for free. Additionally, the Redux will provide a discount on the upcoming complete reboot of the game, as word is: "Additionally, owners of Shadow Warrior Classic Redux will receive a Steam coupon for the upcoming Shadow Warrior reboot by Flying Wild Hog and Devolver Digital when pre-purchase promotions start later on this summer." Here's word on this version:

The noble samurai of Devolver Digital have partnered with Singapore-based developer General Arcade to release the definitive edition of 3D Realms’ 1997 cult classic shooter Shadow Warrior on Steam with the new Shadow Warrior Classic Redux. Similar to the duo’s recent release of Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition, this comprehensive Shadow Warrior collection includes a visually polished and upgraded Shadow Warrior Classic, the Wanton Destruction and Twin Dragon expansion packs, the original version of the game, SteamPlay support for PC and Mac, Steam achievements, and Steam Cloud support.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 16:57 Axis

Back in the day Bungie was top PC, Myth, Oni, Top shit in the day.

Then MS buys em out and they go console only with a basic shooter. And yes, halo is a basic shooter nothing special. It's just one of the first decent ones designed on the console so all the nubs ate it up.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 16:54 shihonage

The Duke3D redux port STILL hasn't delivered the promised coop multiplayer, which is the only reason I bought it anyway (most Duke3d ports don't have working coop), and they already release Shadow Warrior?

Fuck them.

9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 16:50 Kedyn

Axis wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 15:59:
Only 'Martial Arts' FPS worth a shit in the history of PC gaming was Oni --nothing else came close.

Which leads me to my next question. Who owns the rights and wants to partner up with me to kickstart an Oni Redux?

You'd think that Bungie would have done made more of such a cool game and IP. Stupid Halo....

8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 16:44 Axis

SirKnight wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 16:29:
Only 'Martial Arts' FPS worth a shit in the history of PC gaming was Oni --nothing else came close.

Which leads me to my next question. Who owns the rights and wants to partner up with me to kickstart an Oni Redux?

What does this have to do with Shadow Warrior? SW was never meant to be a martial arts FPS. And it's not! Just because Wang is Chinese it's suddenly a martial arts game???

First of all, I read.

Devolver Digital announces that Shadow Warrior Classic Redux is now available on Steam, offering the promised remastered version of 3D Reams' martial arts first-person shooter.

Second of all I wrote that Oni was the only 'Martial Arts' FPS worth a shit, nowhere did I mention what kind of game SW was, despite the blues article stating that. But by all means, get pissed off at Blue

Yours truly,

Axis

7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 16:29 SirKnight

What does this have to do with Shadow Warrior? SW was never meant to be a martial arts FPS. And it's not! Just because Wang is Chinese it's suddenly a martial arts game???

6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 15:59 Axis

Yours truly,

Axis

5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 13:44 MDB

That trailer... ugh. For some reason Build engine games always gave me motion sickness.  

4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 13:41 Kristian Joensen

A representative of the development studio behind this and Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition posts fairly regularly on the Duke4.net forums:

Latest post

User profile

3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 13:34 SirKnight

I'm glad to hear Linux support is coming. I was wondering about that since I noticed on the steam page it only shows Windows and OSX.  

2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 13:29 nin

"Future features will include Linux support and Steamworks supported online play."

Keep in mind I don't believe we have that for Duke3D yet, either, despite being promised.

Not saying it won't be done, but I expected it by now...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 13:22 Parias

On the one hand: neat

On the other hand...am I seeing this correctly - is this listed as single-player only? Where's the multiplayer? Where's my co-op?

Edit: OK - allegedly it's coming in the future:

"Future features will include Linux support and Steamworks supported online play."

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo