Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux

Devolver Digital announces that Shadow Warrior Classic Redux is now available on Steam, offering the promised remastered version of 3D Reams' martial arts first-person shooter. This debuts with a 15% discount off the full price, though cheaper still is the original unaltered version of the game, which is still offered on Steam for free. Additionally, the Redux will provide a discount on the upcoming complete reboot of the game, as word is: "Additionally, owners of Shadow Warrior Classic Redux will receive a Steam coupon for the upcoming Shadow Warrior reboot by Flying Wild Hog and Devolver Digital when pre-purchase promotions start later on this summer." Here's word on this version:

The noble samurai of Devolver Digital have partnered with Singapore-based developer General Arcade to release the definitive edition of 3D Realms’ 1997 cult classic shooter Shadow Warrior on Steam with the new Shadow Warrior Classic Redux. Similar to the duo’s recent release of Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition, this comprehensive Shadow Warrior collection includes a visually polished and upgraded Shadow Warrior Classic, the Wanton Destruction and Twin Dragon expansion packs, the original version of the game, SteamPlay support for PC and Mac, Steam achievements, and Steam Cloud support.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Free? Jul 13, 2013, 22:39 Ant

Hello.

Is it free forever? If not, then how can I tell Steam to have it in my library, but not downloaded?

Thank you in advance.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 13, 2013, 22:34 Ant

shihonage wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 16:54:
The Duke3D redux port STILL hasn't delivered the promised coop multiplayer, which is the only reason I bought it anyway (most Duke3d ports don't have working coop), and they already release Shadow Warrior?

Fuck them.
Aww, no co-op? I prefer co-op over deathmatch! I wonder if original DOOM games have this problem too.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

29. removed Jul 10, 2013, 08:49 Mad Max RW

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 10, 2013, 09:34.

28. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 9, 2013, 13:57 Axis

Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 10:08:
Shineyguy wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 10:04:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 09:55:
Axis wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 09:11:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 21:51:
Bungie was barely a fart in the wind for PC gaming.

You rest my case.

Are you having a temper tantrum because I called you out?

Come now, Bungie was a top developer in that day.

No no no. They were TOP PC.

Only on blues could a "You rest my case" response elicit an angry retort equating said response to a 'temper tantrum'.

Furthermore, we both know very well it was I who called you out.

So Mad, are you admitting you were in the wrong or are you sticking to your original "Bungie was barely a fart in the wind for PC gaming."? I just make sure people lie in the beds they make, I'm glad to lay in mine.

Yours truly,

Axis

27. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 9, 2013, 10:08 Mad Max RW

Shineyguy wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 10:04:

You rest my case.

No no no. They were TOP PC.

26. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 9, 2013, 10:04 Shineyguy

You rest my case.

25. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 9, 2013, 09:55 Mad Max RW

You rest my case.

24. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 9, 2013, 09:11 Axis

You rest my case.

Yours truly,

Axis

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2013, 08:52 nin

OS/2

OMG, I hated OS/2...I supported a couple hundred desktops back in the day ('95 or so) that ran it, and it was pain in the ass. Instead of just running 3.1 and the needed apps, it was all run under OS/2.

I cringe every time I think of it.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

22. removed Jul 9, 2013, 07:11 handes

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 9, 2013, 07:48.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2013, 04:48 Rigs

Popcorn

When you all get done showing your geek pride, then maybe you can start on an argument that's more...modern? Of course I speak about the raging debate of which is better - Windows or OS/2?

BTW, Oni rocked, so Nahnah ...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

20. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 9, 2013, 01:49 Creston

Oni was fucking awesome. Fuck all you guys.

Creston

19. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 9, 2013, 01:27 Jerykk

Axis wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 15:59:
Only 'Martial Arts' FPS worth a shit in the history of PC gaming was Oni --nothing else came close.

Which leads me to my next question. Who owns the rights and wants to partner up with me to kickstart an Oni Redux?

1) Oni wasn't first-person.
2) Shadow Warrior > Oni.

18. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 9, 2013, 01:09 shihonage

Myth 2 was a well-known PC title and it did well.  

17. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 22:53 PHJF

Oni was terrible. Myth 2, though... that was some fun shit. It was like a DotA before there was DotA.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

16. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 21:51 Mad Max RW

Axis wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 20:09:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 18:14:
Axis wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 16:57:
Back in the day Bungie was top PC, Myth, Oni, Top shit in the day.

Then MS buys em out and they go console only with a basic shooter. And yes, halo is a basic shooter nothing special. It's just one of the first decent ones designed on the console so all the nubs ate it up.

Top PC? You mean top like the Myth 2 uninstall bug formatting hard drives being one of the top worst game glitches in PC gaming history? Before that it was the Marathon series exclusive to Macintosh. Oni was mediocre at best. So what "top PC" are you talking about?

Halo was originally a RTS when MS bought them and retooled it to a PC exclusive. Then it was retooled again and became a FPS launch title for their new Xbox console.

I said Myth, not Myth 2. I was too busy clanning on the quake ladders FPS bandwagon to go back to rts's. And I'm sure 90% of you didn't even have a PC when these games came out. Myth owned, Bungie was a top dog developer and that's a fact. I didn't include marathon because you had to be stupid to pay the ridiculous price for a capable gaming mac back then with almost no titles worth a crap, but marathon was the game macheads bowed to.

I'm well aware of Halo's history, and if I weren't I could wiki stuff like you did. Difference is... I was there when bungie was considered a top dog, and you won't be able to wiki that anywhere hence your incorrect disagreeing.

I literally laughed out loud at your assumption I wasn't around back then. Bungie was barely a fart in the wind for PC gaming. I'm calling bullshit on you.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2013, 23:39.

15. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 20:09 Axis

Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 18:14:

Then MS buys em out and they go console only with a basic shooter. And yes, halo is a basic shooter nothing special. It's just one of the first decent ones designed on the console so all the nubs ate it up.

Top PC? You mean top like the Myth 2 uninstall bug formatting hard drives being one of the top worst game glitches in PC gaming history? Before that it was the Marathon series exclusive to Macintosh. Oni was mediocre at best. So what "top PC" are you talking about?

Halo was originally a RTS when MS bought them and retooled it to a PC exclusive. Then it was retooled again and became a FPS launch title for their new Xbox console.

I said Myth, not Myth 2. I was too busy clanning on the quake ladders FPS bandwagon to go back to rts's. And I'm sure 90% of you didn't even have a PC when these games came out. Myth owned, Bungie was a top dog developer and that's a fact. I didn't include marathon because you had to be stupid to pay the ridiculous price for a capable gaming mac back then with almost no titles worth a crap, but marathon was the game macheads bowed to.

I'm well aware of Halo's history, and if I weren't I could wiki stuff like you did. Difference is... I was there when bungie was considered a top dog, and you won't be able to wiki that anywhere hence your incorrect disagreeing.

Yours truly,

Axis

14. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 20:05 Quinn

Ppl still pay money for this? I mean, nostalgia is a (bitter)sweet thing but move on already..  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

13. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 19:56 Wildone

I remember ONI, it was a fun curiosity at best back then but hardly a show stopper.  

12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 18:14 Mad Max RW

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo