Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 7, 2013, 06:42 eRe4s3r

Krovven wrote on Jul 7, 2013, 02:34:
Civ5 Brave New World in a few days.
Company of Heroes 2
CoJ Gunslinger
FC3 Blood Dragon
Trackmania (several releases)
Grid 2
Bioshock Infinite
Metro Last Light

That's just the last few months and that's just for PC. There were more good games in the first few months of the year and dozens of other game releases ranging from bad to great. If you think it's bit a shitty first half of the year, you are an idiot.

Yeah, because clearly wanting more than just sequels makes me an Idiot (you didn't even notice that, did you?). Or maybe you are the weird person for thinking your opinion is somehow more valid than mine.

To me none of the games you listed there were more than OK. Farcry 3 (the last decent shooter) came out in Dec 2012. I hate arcade racing games, and CoH 2 is worse than CoH 1. Metro: LL and Blood Dragon I specifically mentioned already.. so whatever To me this year in pc gaming sucked. Steam is swamped by crappy Flash games and mobile ports of games that have a half-time of about 90 seconds before I get bored with them (Reus for example).

Besides DUST / Bioshock Infinite I haven't even enjoyed playing a single game to 100% completion this year.

Besides you'd be hard pressed to list more than those 8 sequels. And you call that not a shitty half of the year? You should raise your standards.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 7, 2013, 02:34 Krovven

Civ5 Brave New World in a few days.
Company of Heroes 2
CoJ Gunslinger
FC3 Blood Dragon
Trackmania (several releases)
Grid 2
Bioshock Infinite
Metro Last Light

That's just the last few months and that's just for PC. There were more good games in the first few months of the year and dozens of other game releases ranging from bad to great. If you think it's bit a shitty first half of the year, you are an idiot.

31. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 6, 2013, 02:55 eRe4s3r

Meh, I didn't find Blood Dragon or CoJ great games..... It's true we had some decent games this first half of 2013 but just not enough of em.

And yeah, good potentially great games are coming.. but WHY are they all coming near the end of the year? Is there some law not to release the great games before JULY ?

30. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2013, 20:00 Golwar

Cutter wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 17:21:
Are you effing kidding me? This has been a great year for games. Lots of good stuff this year and last. And some good prices on stuff out of the gate too, Blood Dragon and Call of Juarez were $15 for Pete sake! And plenty of good stuff coming before year end. Oh yeah, I'd say we're in the pipe, everything is 5X5.

I don't get their complains either. It has been a great year so far. Maybe they are getting really old and tend to forget what great entertainment they experienced just few months ago.

29. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2013, 19:47 Prez

Yahtzee's reviews are for entertainment purposes only. He bashes everything mercilessly because that's his schtick. He's funny but I don't take his reviews seriously.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

28. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2013, 19:41 Rattlehead

I hope Steam adopts a similar rep system.  

27. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2013, 17:21 Cutter

Are you effing kidding me? This has been a great year for games. Lots of good stuff this year and last. And some good prices on stuff out of the gate too, Blood Dragon and Call of Juarez were $15 for Pete sake! And plenty of good stuff coming before year end. Oh yeah, I'd say we're in the pipe, everything is 5X5.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

26. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2013, 16:54 eRe4s3r

Fantaz wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 15:45:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 15:18:
The Last of us is a great CONSOLE game.

Is it just me, or was this first half of the year about the crappiest PC gaming experience in recent history. Aside from Dust I can't even remember a single game that wowed me. And maybe a mild "yay" for Bioshock Infinite for smart story and cuddly companion (and terrible shooter gameplay) and Metro: LL for great atmosphere and TERRIBLE SHOOTER GAMEPLAY (Boss-fights for soddings sake!)

Honor mention to Euro Truck Simulator 2.. which is the damned most stupid game I ever got addicted to. And I still love it... weirdly relaxing ;p

And 2nd Honor mentions to Farcry Blood Dragons and Brütal Legend ;p

But aside that, I was bored to death when it came to gaming..

PC gaming is dying, bro...

Not really, it's just that there is soooooooooo much crap lately. Before at least there were some decent games every month or so, but nowadays it's more like crap crap crap and 1 gem in about a hundred games.

Of course Rome 2 and Saints Row 4 will change that and make it at least a decent year for PC gaming and BF4 will get me through the year when it comes to MP games.... but there is just so little really good stuff coming up besides that... about the only game I am waiting for besides the mentioned ones is Project Eternity....

And no, Console games are not better in this regard. Last of us is a small light up in a sea of crappy games that released so far. Heck I played more Kerbal Space Program than any other game, and that isn't even a real game yet ;p

Oooh: I also wait for the Divinity games, both of em ;p Nearly forget them.. but I can't really judge whether they gonna be good or not...

I just realized half the games I am waiting for are Kickstarter games.. that's just sad. Although I guess it doesn't really matter how a good game comes to be. It seems like Publishers produce even more crap than usual, and browsing steam shop recent listings just makes me cringe, not a single good game in that damn list.

This comment was edited on Jul 5, 2013, 17:03.

25. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2013, 15:45 Fantaz

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 15:18:

Is it just me, or was this first half of the year about the crappiest PC gaming experience in recent history. Aside from Dust I can't even remember a single game that wowed me. And maybe a mild "yay" for Bioshock Infinite for smart story and cuddly companion (and terrible shooter gameplay) and Metro: LL for great atmosphere and TERRIBLE SHOOTER GAMEPLAY (Boss-fights for soddings sake!)

Honor mention to Euro Truck Simulator 2.. which is the damned most stupid game I ever got addicted to. And I still love it... weirdly relaxing ;p

PC gaming is dying, bro...

24. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2013, 15:42 PHJF

All of that is just sort of nitpicking, though, because the main point is that the game just isn't any fun and 90% of the ginormous love-fest reviews that it got sound like they were written by Naughty Dog's marketing department.

Well that's being overly harsh, but yeah, the game isn't mindblowing in the slightest. The presentation may be off the charts but I have a nagging feeling every time I play that I've done this all before.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

23. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2013, 15:20 Cutter

Well, seeing as some devs are saying it should be hella easier to port for the PC with the new gen of consoles that bodes well and R always does a PC port for GTA, it just takes a year. Hopefully they can get that down to several months instead.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

22. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2013, 15:18 eRe4s3r

21. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2013, 15:12 El Pit

Pachter also predicted that water would be wet.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

20. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2013, 12:45 Creston

PropheT wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 12:28:
All of that is just sort of nitpicking, though, because the main point is that the game just isn't any fun

In your opinion. And I don't work for naughty dog's marketing department, and I think it's a fantastic game. It's the most atmospheric game released since Silent Hill 2.

Creston

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2013, 12:44 LittleMe

Yeah R* and MS/Sony would be crazy not to have it on next gen consoles. At that point the porting to PC is almost done, unless they port to PC first then the next-gens. I'd say the likelihood of PC vers is strong in this one.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2013, 12:44 xXBatmanXx

InBlack wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 10:57:
Well now that the new consoles are on a x86 architecture, there is a very compelling reason to do all three ports simultaneously, thats a very reasonable assumption. But when have ever reason and money mixed well?

Isn't xbone getting TIMED exclusive for GTA5, like they do with DLC?

nm, both systems Sept 17th, should probably go pre-order it.....

I dunno, msft throws so much money at the console it makes me sick.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2013, 12:28 PropheT

Creston wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 11:19:
Anyway, don't listen to him, it's a fucking GREAT game.

I actually thought he was overly nice to it. It's disappointing that The Last of Us is what passes for a great game right now, as it doesn't do a single thing that it does better than other games that did that function before it. Deus Ex had better stealth. And shooting. And a better story, actually. And some choice on how to go about it and whether you actually did want to stealth or shoot, which I appreciated. Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite actually worked as a companion that followed you everywhere; it's not a stealth game at all, but if you're working your way through an area she can be spotted by enemies. In the actual stealth game, though, Ellie can be derping along and walk directly into an enemy and he'll just say "excuse me" and walk around her after she moves.

All of that is just sort of nitpicking, though, because the main point is that the game just isn't any fun and 90% of the ginormous love-fest reviews that it got sound like they were written by Naughty Dog's marketing department.

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2013, 12:13 Trevellian

Creston wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 11:19:
As for Yahtzee's review of the Last of Us... (spoilers)

I looked upon the title as "the last of us with any shred of humanity left," which would be Ellie. And by the end of the game, yes, Ellie has lost that. Because, well, she really had no other choice.

I agree with his niggles, though if you die that much from Clickers, then you either tremendously suck at games, or just somehow have not yet figured out that you can save yourself with a shiv if a Clicker grabs you. And have not figured out that "Throw bottle at area, wait five seconds, throw molotov cocktail at area" wipes all of them out anyway.

Really about the only time I die in LoU are during the swarm sequences, or if I royally fuck up on stealth (though not always due to a fault of my own) and eight bandits charge me.

The AI completely ignoring Ellie is very weird, and while I appreciate that I don't have to endlessly replay sections because the fucking AI keeps getting her killed, it's so fucking weird to have her bleat out "LOOK JOEL, THE EXIT!" from a foot behind me right as I'm about to sneak up on the guard of said exit, or her walking one step in front of two bandits who are coming down the stairs and are about to trip my nail bomb. Which then doesn't affect her in the slightest. I would definitely have preferred a better solution to that. Telling her to hide and sit still would have been a ton better than what we have now.

Anyway, don't listen to him, it's a fucking GREAT game.

Creston

Yes normally I agree with a lot of his opinions on games when it comes to the stupid things they do. But the top comment on Yahtzee's video pretty much summed up exactly how I felt about his opinion of the story. In other words, he completely missed the point of the main character, they did a masterful job of having you virtually play the "villain" the entire game without telling you. (spoilers)

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2013, 12:10 Verno

The cinematic stuff in Last of Us is tastefully done though, Yahtzees schtick is being negative and amusing, he metes out positive opinions like rare currency. It takes awhile to get firing on all cylinders but The Last of Us is a great game, I just hope they don't try to turn it into a franchise or something.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2013, 11:36 PHJF

Some people don't like "cinematic" games (or are just tired of them). A game may do everything right but it isn't going to please everyone without doing something new. I haven't even finished it yet because a quirky little action platformer on Steam I'd never heard of before piqued my interest before hopelessly devouring my past few days.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo