Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Independence Day Legal Briefs

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Independence Day Legal Briefs Jul 5, 2013, 05:16 jdreyer

JeffD wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 14:59:
I am OK WITH THIS!.jpg

Email and electronic stuff.. mostly harmless.. but when people are sending bombs and shit through snail mail, I want a way to track the sons of bitches!

The problem is that everyone in this country commits several felonies a year, usually without realizing it. If the gov't were aware of every person's transgressions they could use them as leverage to manipulate "trouble makers." It has a chilling effect. People will restrict themselves from doing perfectly legal things on order to avoid drawing attention to themselves.

One example, directly related to mail tracking is throwing away or opening someone else's mail. If you receive some stranger's mail and toss it in the bin, that's a crime, and you can server a year or two in jail in the US for that. Tracking the mail can be used to prove that against you. And ignorance of the law is no defense. This is just one of many examples.

OBL lost the battle, but he's winning the war posthumously. We're a fundementally different country than we were 13 years ago, and getting worse.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Independence Day Legal Briefs Jul 4, 2013, 20:30 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 13:16:
LittleMe wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 12:04:
Obsession with crime and widespread surveilance are two aspects of a fascist government.

The 14 Defining Characteristics of Fascism

Hrm, sound familiar, America?

All of them but maybe 3? Scary.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

10. Re: Independence Day Legal Briefs Jul 4, 2013, 15:38 Sepharo

Hollllly shit now I'm fucking freaking out. That image I just linked... I searched it and randomly took one from Google image search. Look under the "OM" in computer. That's a water mark my dumbass 12 year old self put there. The internet is a small fucking place apparently.  

9. Re: Independence Day Legal Briefs Jul 4, 2013, 15:35 Sepharo

JeffD wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 14:59:
I am OK WITH THIS!.jpg

Email and electronic stuff.. mostly harmless.. but when people are sending bombs and shit through snail mail, I want a way to track the sons of bitches!

Uh, you're forgetting something important.

8. Re: Independence Day Legal Briefs Jul 4, 2013, 14:59 JeffD

I am OK WITH THIS!.jpg

7. Re: Independence Day Legal Briefs Jul 4, 2013, 13:16 Cutter

LittleMe wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 12:04:
Obsession with crime and widespread surveilance are two aspects of a fascist government.

The 14 Defining Characteristics of Fascism

Hrm, sound familiar, America?

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

6. Re: Independence Day Legal Briefs Jul 4, 2013, 13:12 Panickd

Creston wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 11:10:
Panickd wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 11:03:
This is why you should never put a return address on your mail. Also, who uses the mail anymore?

When you invent a way to send actual stuff with actual weight across email, please let me and everyone else know.

Creston

I would never send anything important via snail mail. That's what UPS and FedEx (and DHL if you're in Europe I suppose) were invented for. I suppose if I was paying for the shipping of something to someone else and I didn't care about it very much, maybe. As for actual stuff with actual weight across e-mail: 3D printing is coming along...

5. Re: Independence Day Legal Briefs Jul 4, 2013, 12:04 LittleMe

Perpetual debt is slavery.

4. Re: Independence Day Legal Briefs Jul 4, 2013, 11:54 NegaDeath

Creston wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 11:10:
When you invent a way to send actual stuff with actual weight across email, please let me and everyone else know.

Creston

Exactly, how else will I send explosives by mail?

lol jk

*arrested*

3. Re: Independence Day Legal Briefs Jul 4, 2013, 11:36 Capitan

U.S. is about to become more and more like Soviet Union - The authorities is becoming just as paranoid as Stalin was...  

2. Re: Independence Day Legal Briefs Jul 4, 2013, 11:10 Creston

Panickd wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 11:03:
This is why you should never put a return address on your mail. Also, who uses the mail anymore?

Creston

1. Re: Independence Day Legal Briefs Jul 4, 2013, 11:03 Panickd

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo