Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition

WBIE announces that Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition is now available for Windows via digital distribution, offering PC gamers the chance to play the latest installment in the fighting series. Here's word on the release, which will be followed next month by a retail version:

Burbank, Calif. July 3, 2013 Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition is available for PC from Steam and other digital download portals. Originally developed by NetherRealm Studios, led by Mortal Kombat co-creator and creative director Ed Boon and adapted for PC by High Voltage Software, the game will also be available through select North American retailers on August 6 for Windows PC.

Featuring all of the previously released downloadable content (DLC), Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition for PC includes fearless warriors Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain, and the nightmarish Freddy Krueger, as well as the 15 Klassic Mortal Kombat Skins and three Klassic Fatalities (Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Reptile).

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition for PC delivers action-packed single player gameplay through the full feature length story mode and the Tag Team and Challenge Tower modes. Multiplayer modes, including traditional 1 vs. 1 matches and King of the Hill mode, allow players to choose from an extensive lineup of iconic warriors from the Mortal Kombat legacy and challenge their friends to intense competitive showdowns. The Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition Fight Stick and gamepad functionality are supported on Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition for PC. Players will also be able to access achievements and leaderboard stats online on www.mortalkombat.com.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 5, 2013, 02:35 killer_roach

Jerykk wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 23:54:
Sony's been pretty good about letting PlayStation-exclusive indie games come to PC, even ones that were partially funded by them (Joe Danger, Critter Crunch, Tales From Space, etc.), but I agree - it seems doubtful we'll see much in terms of Sony first-party titles making their way to PC. (Then again, I can't completely rule it out, seeing as they're trying to take a tactic of "let's do whatever Microsoft isn't doing"...)

MS actually has some history of porting their big AAA exclusives to PC. Halo 1 & 2, Gears of War and Alan Wake come to mind. I can't think of a single AAA Sony exclusive that ever made it to PC.

Considering that Microsoft owns the Windows platform, it should be absolutely appalling how few of their exclusives have made it to Windows (additionally, all of your examples came out on PC years after, some of them had enough of a delay that Sony could still port the original inFamous to PC and still be considered "timely").

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 4, 2013, 23:54 Jerykk

Sony's been pretty good about letting PlayStation-exclusive indie games come to PC, even ones that were partially funded by them (Joe Danger, Critter Crunch, Tales From Space, etc.), but I agree - it seems doubtful we'll see much in terms of Sony first-party titles making their way to PC. (Then again, I can't completely rule it out, seeing as they're trying to take a tactic of "let's do whatever Microsoft isn't doing"...)

MS actually has some history of porting their big AAA exclusives to PC. Halo 1 & 2, Gears of War and Alan Wake come to mind. I can't think of a single AAA Sony exclusive that ever made it to PC.

20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 4, 2013, 20:06 nin

(Then again, I can't completely rule it out, seeing as they're trying to take a tactic of "let's do whatever Microsoft isn't doing"...)

And goddamn, I love it!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 4, 2013, 20:00 killer_roach

Towyn wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 04:12:
LittleMe wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 00:43:
Lately I've been playing the original 360 version on a friend's console. It's really good. I had no idea it was coming to PC! Awesomeness. I'm guessing this bodes well for Infamous on PC, too?

I don't quite see how you make that connection. Infamous is done and paid for my Sony, Mortal Kombat is Warner Brothers... that's like saying "Ubisoft brought Rayman to PC, that means Animal Crossing is coming too!".

Infamous, like many of the exclusives (most recent example is "The Last Of Us" has been paid for by Sony / Microsoft / Nintendo, and they will not port it to PC, these games are investments into making consoles interesting and draw customers in, often the money they earn is only secondary over getting people to buy consoles... Look at Halo and how many bought an Xbox just for that. So no... Infamous is very very very likely never gonna come to PC.

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 4, 2013, 17:08 Dmitri_M

I'm getting a strange lag with this game. It's running smoothly but it seems to be moving at 0.8x

Perhaps a vsync thing. It's odd. Never seen that before in a title.

I've also had some crashes.

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 4, 2013, 14:23 RAY16

InBlack wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 06:27:
Does it support keyboard or do I need to have a controller plugged in? I do have a Logitech dual action controller somewhere, but I have fond memories of setting up my keyboard keys and going balls out on MK3...:)

Keyboard works, although the default controls seem awkward to me and could probably do with some tweaking.

JayDeath wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 06:41:
The real question is will my joystick cabinet work with the PC version? That would be just fantastic.

It works with both XInput and DInput devices, although the latter seems to have problems with diagonal inputs (jumping forward or backward) which I imagine will get addressed whenever the first patch drops.

My Madcatz TE-S (an XInput device) works perfectly with the game.

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 4, 2013, 13:12 Jivaro

JayDeath wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 06:41:
The real question is will my joystick cabinet work with the PC version? That would be just fantastic.

It will. I have seen a a couple of users post on the Steam forums that they are having mapping issues with the "ALT" key, but I am tempted to believe that they are user error issues not actual game issues. Even if it isn't, if it's a particular button I am sure there will be a patch. (community or otherwise)

Loved this game on my PS3, probably going to get it myself soon. Wonder if there will be any modding done for it like there was with the SSIV games.

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 4, 2013, 13:07 Jivaro

InBlack wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 06:27:
Does it support keyboard or do I need to have a controller plugged in? I do have a Logitech dual action controller somewhere, but I have fond memories of setting up my keyboard keys and going balls out on MK3...:)

Yes, it has keyboard support. According to the forums anyway.

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 4, 2013, 06:41 JayDeath

Steam: BenRichards

Shadow of Mordor is wonderful.

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 4, 2013, 06:27 InBlack

I have a nifty blue line!

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 4, 2013, 04:51 RAY16

I've played for ~9 hours and I'm pretty happy with this port thus far. Runs butter smooth with everything maxed out, I haven't had any crashes yet, and the online play seems fine so long as you don't get into a match with somebody you have a bad connection to or someone on a PC that can't maintain 60FPS (pretty terrible if you do run into that, though). No regrets with my purchase, although I guess some people are having issues here and there; hopefully a patch will address those people without too much of a wait. My biggest gripe thus far is probably the way the game handles voice communication, which is a bit clumsy to say the least.

Now to spend some time in training mode so I'm not god awful. I was getting my ass handed to me online because a lot of the people playing have clearly played the console versions whereas I'm going into this totally fresh.

Also, for those of you unaware, it's a Steamworks game.

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 4, 2013, 04:12 Towyn

LittleMe wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 00:43:
Lately I've been playing the original 360 version on a friend's console. It's really good. I had no idea it was coming to PC! Awesomeness. I'm guessing this bodes well for Infamous on PC, too?

I don't quite see how you make that connection. Infamous is done and paid for my Sony, Mortal Kombat is Warner Brothers... that's like saying "Ubisoft brought Rayman to PC, that means Animal Crossing is coming too!".

Infamous, like many of the exclusives (most recent example is "The Last Of Us" has been paid for by Sony / Microsoft / Nintendo, and they will not port it to PC, these games are investments into making consoles interesting and draw customers in, often the money they earn is only secondary over getting people to buy consoles... Look at Halo and how many bought an Xbox just for that. So no... Infamous is very very very likely never gonna come to PC.

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 4, 2013, 00:43 LittleMe

Perpetual debt is slavery.

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 4, 2013, 00:29 Vazz

Been waiting for this game forever. Played for a few hours, trying to learn Ermac. Loving it. Did a ladder on medium, got my ass kicked a few times by Goro and Shao Kahn but eventually managed(although I think I bugged Kahn out by going to the far end of the screen and spamming fireballs fast enough where he would just stand and block them all and die from chip damage ).
Haven't tried online yet since I don't want to get my butt kicked by people with 2 years experience compared to my two hours.

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 4, 2013, 00:01 Cutter

Yeah, love me some Mortal Wombat. Let's hope it's a good port.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 3, 2013, 23:16 nin

PropheT wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 23:13:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 20:14:
I'm buying this the instant there's one positive critic review.

I'm not a particularly big MK fan, but I agree with SirKnight. It's pretty good. Assuming the port is well done, it's an easy game to recommend if you haven't played it yet.

No GFMFWL shit, right? I didn't see it listed anywhere in it's description (or on the steam boards), but the MK Collection had it...

Thanks!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 3, 2013, 23:13 PropheT

ItBurn wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 20:14:
I'm buying this the instant there's one positive critic review.

I'm not a particularly big MK fan, but I agree with SirKnight. It's pretty good. Assuming the port is well done, it's an easy game to recommend if you haven't played it yet.

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 3, 2013, 21:42 Rattlehead

Now only if we could get Marvel vs Capcom 3...  

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 3, 2013, 20:22 Dmitri_M

Well it was great on Xbox. So beyond porting issues.. it should be ok..maybe  

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 3, 2013, 20:22 SirKnight

I have this on the PS3 and it's quite an amazing game. It looks great and is 3D, yet has the classic 2D gameplay. There's no way a fighting game fan, or especially an MK fan, would not like this.

Even though I have the PS3 version with the large arcade controller (I bought the Tourney Edition) I still might buy the PC version too. MK has always been one of my favorite games of all time.

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo