Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

32. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 4, 2013, 20:06 killer_roach

Quboid wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 14:28:
J wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 12:27:
Quboid wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 10:34:
NeOCidE wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 05:29:
I've encountered countless plebs on the Xbox Live network.

Can't we have a system whereby all tards are shipped off to a remote island and leave the grunts to it? You know...disconnected from the rest of civilisation?

Lord of the flies stylee.

'Plebs'? I don't think that word means what you think it means.
I don't know why you don't think that word means what you think he thinks it means, because I think you thought that he's thinking it means something that's not what you think he thinks it means. I think if you said what you thought he thought when he was thinking of the meaning, then we could all think that word means what we think it means. Or perhaps you just wanted to throw out a meme.

Pleb is a derogatory term for someone who is working class.

It's the sort of word that might get a Member of Parliament for a typically anti-working class political party into a lot of trouble if they said it to a police officer. Or even if they didn't actually say it, and the police officers were trying to get him kicked out of office because they don't like how he's trying to reform the police. Hypothetically.

I'm sure there are a great many plebs on Xbox Live, but I've never before heard of someone who will only game with people of the right social status. It does not mean tard (someone who acts retarded, going by the modern definition of that word) and is not interchangeable with tard.

It has been used more generally to refer to any sort of underclass (some military academies have historically used the term to apply to the newly admitted)... it doesn't always have socioeconomic connotations, just that they're somehow of lower status.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 4, 2013, 14:28 Quboid

J wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 12:27:

Can't we have a system whereby all tards are shipped off to a remote island and leave the grunts to it? You know...disconnected from the rest of civilisation?

I don't know why you don't think that word means what you think he thinks it means, because I think you thought that he's thinking it means something that's not what you think he thinks it means. I think if you said what you thought he thought when he was thinking of the meaning, then we could all think that word means what we think it means. Or perhaps you just wanted to throw out a meme.

Pleb is a derogatory term for someone who is working class.

It's the sort of word that might get a Member of Parliament for a typically anti-working class political party into a lot of trouble if they said it to a police officer. Or even if they didn't actually say it, and the police officers were trying to get him kicked out of office because they don't like how he's trying to reform the police. Hypothetically.

I'm sure there are a great many plebs on Xbox Live, but I've never before heard of someone who will only game with people of the right social status. It does not mean tard (someone who acts retarded, going by the modern definition of that word) and is not interchangeable with tard.

- Quboid

30. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 4, 2013, 13:19 nin

jdreyer wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 05:52:
nin wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 23:51:
deqer wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 23:32:
Why you downvote me. I always say stuff that deserves upvotes.

Like hell it does.

Referring to deqer as "it"?

"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again! Yes, it will, Precious, won't it?"

Was referring to his posts/content (after he used the phase "stuff").

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

29. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 4, 2013, 12:28 J

Oh, and hai... if there's a group of trolls that don't like somebody, and they all downvote them, do they end up in a personal hell full of trolls? Just a thought.  

28. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 4, 2013, 12:27 J

27. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 4, 2013, 10:34 Quboid

- Quboid

26. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 4, 2013, 08:46 Verno

fujiJuice wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 23:23:
I just don't get Destiny, however I could be missing something. It looks terribly bland and generic and as far as I can tell offers no real innovations. All I see is a Halo/Mass Effect/Rage hybrid, which in my book is not a good thing. Also in that video, and I realize it isn't done yet, but the gun fights looked very unsatisfying, enemies just 'got shot' no real feeling of hurting them except their health bars going down. Same with the shots themselves, just lacking a feeling of power.

The only reason I mention this is in videos of Bungie employees they make it seem like the second coming of Jesus Christ.

I kinda get what you mean, the design for MP co-op shooters tends to be bullet sponge enemies which is boring as hell and Destiny doesn't seem much different.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

25. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 4, 2013, 05:52 jdreyer

Like hell it does.

Referring to deqer as "it"?

"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again! Yes, it will, Precious, won't it?"

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

24. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 4, 2013, 05:50 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 23:30:

Redmask wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 22:50:
Maybe they can leverage the power of Kinect to give angry users a timeout. Sorry Jimmy, you can't use your Xbox One as we have detected your testosterone level is too high, bleepbloop.

But I like this idea much, MUCH better.

Creston

I suppose if it's always on and always online, may as well put it to use doing something useful...

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

23. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 4, 2013, 05:29 NeOCidE

Trent Reznor - Atticus Ross an incredible team.

22. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 4, 2013, 01:39 xXBatmanXx

J wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 21:38:
/me downvotes deqer

Getting in early!

Like hell it does.

hay, quit quoting him - I have him on ignore....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

21. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 4, 2013, 01:39 xXBatmanXx

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 20:40:
The easiest way to fix this - make a button that you click in someone's profile that says "Avoid" and you won't join any game they are playing and they can't join a game you are on.

Problem fixed and super simple.

Would love to see thsi in Steam. (runs off to create ticket in Steam)

I like that idea.

Maybe they can leverage the power of Kinect to give angry users a timeout. Sorry Jimmy, you can't use your Xbox One as we have detected your testosterone level is too high, bleepbloop.

Creston

Xbox CoD servers would be ampty alot! badumpcha!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

20. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 3, 2013, 23:52 nin

Creston

Hey hey hey!! I don't want those fuckers over on PSN, when they get XBOned.

19. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 3, 2013, 23:51 nin

/me downvotes deqer

Getting in early!

Like hell it does.

18. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 3, 2013, 23:32 deqer

/me downvotes deqer

Getting in early!

17. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 3, 2013, 23:30 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 20:40:
The easiest way to fix this - make a button that you click in someone's profile that says "Avoid" and you won't join any game they are playing and they can't join a game you are on.

Problem fixed and super simple.

Would love to see thsi in Steam. (runs off to create ticket in Steam)

I like that idea.

Creston

16. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 3, 2013, 23:23 fujiJuice

I just don't get Destiny, however I could be missing something. It looks terribly bland and generic and as far as I can tell offers no real innovations. All I see is a Halo/Mass Effect/Rage hybrid, which in my book is not a good thing. Also in that video, and I realize it isn't done yet, but the gun fights looked very unsatisfying, enemies just 'got shot' no real feeling of hurting them except their health bars going down. Same with the shots themselves, just lacking a feeling of power.

The only reason I mention this is in videos of Bungie employees they make it seem like the second coming of Jesus Christ.

15. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 3, 2013, 22:50 Redmask

This applies to most of the people on Xbox Live so what are they going to do, segregate everyone from...no one?

14. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 3, 2013, 22:37 Pigeon

This could turn out horrible, but it sounds like the only good idea they've introduced to the xbone. Unfortunately for Microsoft they're already solidly in the griefer pool and are going to have to go a long time without being dicks to get out of it.  

13. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 3, 2013, 22:19 Quboid

Julio wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 19:43:
Microsoft's rep system means if you don't play online regularly and a lot, you're going in the griefer pool. Another reason to avoid Xflop One.

That doesn't appear to be a problem with the new system, what makes you think it will be?

- Quboid

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo