Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tactical Intervention on Steam Next Month

The elite folks at 1337 Games announce that Tactical Intervention is coming soon to Steam, offering wider international distribution of this free-to-play first-person shooter from Counter-Strike co-creator, Minh "Gooseman" Le. In all modesty, they explain how Le "has deeply influenced a whole generation of players and an entire industry" with Counter-Strike before creating his new "stroke of genius":

Berlin, July 3 2013: With Counter-Strike, Minh "Gooseman" Le has created one of the biggest phenomena of the video game world. He co-developed the Half-Life mod which - until today - is one of the most successful tactical shooters and has deeply influenced a whole generation of players and an entire industry.

Having honed his skills for the past seven years at Valve, Minh Le has now partnered with developers from Fix Korea to present his latest stroke of genius: Tactical Intervention. Focused on adrenaline-fueled, action-packed combat, Tactical Intervention is a consistent advancement of the team-based tactical shooter genre. This August, the game will have its worldwide release via Steam, where players can download and play it for free.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Tactical Intervention on Steam Next Month Jul 4, 2013, 06:03 fatguy

I've played GTA4 MP, not the same type of gameplay. The concept of car chases and shooting out windows is the same but it plays out very differently.

It's also not like CSGO other than modern weapons and round based. The weapons handle different, level design is different, objectives are different, though you can see it's roots are CS. I'm pretty sure everyone on this website should stop playing games anyways. Everyone on here hates video games.

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2013, 06:21.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Tactical Intervention on Steam Next Month Jul 4, 2013, 04:45 Gipson

'1337 Games'?... sigh
SMH

11. Re: Tactical Intervention on Steam Next Month Jul 4, 2013, 03:34 xXBatmanXx

fatguy wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 00:36:
I love the car chase levels in this game. Hadn't laughed quite that hard at the absurdity of how those multiplayer rounds turned out. Especially when it was a full server with several cars with 5 players each chasing each other spraying machine guns and pistols trying to kill and defend the VIP. It's not the best fps game I've played but I cannot deny the fun I had. And I don't doubt it will continue to improve. I started playing when he did the Reddit AMA which brought a lot of new players. The player base was still low and many people were rage quitting as it has a bit of a learning curve.

My biggest gripe about it was many of the maps were limited to very small sections per round. Then after a few rounds it switches to the next part of the map. It felt very closed off but the rounds were quick and intense. He also promised they were making more car chase maps and bigger maps, so I'm looking forward to what happens to this game.

Wish GTA4 MP took off better - it has all of what you speak of....ut the MP was so horribly written with it's console netcode that it died pretty quickly.

/edit: Game looks terrible. I already own this game - it is called CSGO.

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2013, 04:22.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

10. Re: Tactical Intervention on Steam Next Month Jul 4, 2013, 00:36 fatguy

I love the car chase levels in this game. Hadn't laughed quite that hard at the absurdity of how those multiplayer rounds turned out. Especially when it was a full server with several cars with 5 players each chasing each other spraying machine guns and pistols trying to kill and defend the VIP. It's not the best fps game I've played but I cannot deny the fun I had. And I don't doubt it will continue to improve. I started playing when he did the Reddit AMA which brought a lot of new players. The player base was still low and many people were rage quitting as it has a bit of a learning curve.

My biggest gripe about it was many of the maps were limited to very small sections per round. Then after a few rounds it switches to the next part of the map. It felt very closed off but the rounds were quick and intense. He also promised they were making more car chase maps and bigger maps, so I'm looking forward to what happens to this game.

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2013, 02:08.

9. Re: Tactical Intervention on Steam Next Month Jul 3, 2013, 17:34 loomy

gooseman is the one person most responsible for the modern military shooter, and therefore uncountable sales, dollars, hours....

you guys can make fun of a press release if it pleases you.

8. Re: Tactical Intervention on Steam Next Month Jul 3, 2013, 15:12 RaZ0r!

I got the chance to hang out online with Gooseman during a the closed beta tests of TI. He really is a very nice guy. I don't know who writes his press releases, but I doubt it's him.  

7. Re: Tactical Intervention on Steam Next Month Jul 3, 2013, 13:24 CrashTestDummy

"To present his latest stroke of genius"

LOL dat ego! The greatest minds neither have the time nor care about glorifying their own work with such adjectives. That's why I run away from people with tags such as "serial entrepreneur" and "Inventor". When you are so full of yourself, you stop seeing whats in front of you and lose connection with your audience, and end up designing something that no one wants.

Sorry if its a bit off topic, I just hate people like that.

Also if anyone has seen the gameplay trailer, it looked like shite the last time I saw it.

6. Re: Tactical Intervention on Steam Next Month Jul 3, 2013, 13:09 Jedi Master

Utter not his name, or thou risk invoking his presence with thy idle tongue!  

5. Re: Tactical Intervention on Steam Next Month Jul 3, 2013, 12:53 dangerman77

Seriously, who writes his copy, Derek Smart?  

4. Re: Tactical Intervention on Steam Next Month Jul 3, 2013, 12:52 Creston

Sepharo just died from happiness.

Creston

3. Re: Tactical Intervention on Steam Next Month Jul 3, 2013, 10:38 Techie714

Beelzebud wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 10:20:
The best thing about myself is that I'm very modest. --Minh Le

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

2. Re: Tactical Intervention on Steam Next Month Jul 3, 2013, 10:20 Beelzebud

The best thing about myself is that I'm very modest. --Minh Le  

1. Re: Tactical Intervention on Steam Next Month Jul 3, 2013, 09:51 |oR|jonvall

It's not a bad game....I love the use of dogs, the car chase scene is pretty cool too.....if not a bit clunky at times though.

Hopefully people will play it.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo