Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

24. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 14:08 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 10:35:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 10:23:
Most American's don't want... So what, if enough want and it's profitable, what is the crime here? Everything has to be a complete home run? I'd say Americans really don't know if they want wearable or not and perhaps may want to try before making up their minds. How about a sane thought like that?

JLG - Face it is there anyone at MS they could give XBone to that would make us excited?

As for the Pebble, the company debates the issue and states they have taken care or all pre-orders. Then there are a couple of angry examples of some pre-orders not being fulfilled. Hard to know the overall scope of the issue.

Even if its just one guy not getting his (promised) pre-order then its an issue!! Just put yourself in the shoes of that guy, you would be pretty pissed wouldnt you??

I agree the individual would be pissed, but that doesn't mean a total systematic breakdown or big lie. Now I didn't go to the forum to see how many, but if they felt they did ship all them out (lets say some were missed) that is a big difference vs Kickstarters didn't get theirs Best Buy got theirs. That is Sensationalism, the other are common errors most companies deal with day in and out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 14:05 Cutter

Verno wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 13:49:
There is this weird, insecure view from a lot of men that a woman who doesn't take on your last name is somehow slighting you or not fully committed to the relationship. Ironically that lack of trust implies the same thing about the other person.

It's not weird because it's the entire premise of marriage. So no, they're not fully committed to the relationship in that case. You play a game, play by the rules or don't bother playing. It's really that simple. You don't create new ones as you go along because you don't think certain rules should apply to you. There has to be a standard or it's otherwise meaningless. Hey everyone I'm marrying a lampshade because I can do whatever the hell I want! Anarchy! Nothing means anything because you can replace any meaning you want for any word or system! Yay for chaos!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

22. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 13:49 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 13:41:
If you choose to marry, than no, you don't keep your name. That's how marriage works.

No it's not, the option to keep using your surname is pretty much law everywhere in North America at least. You can assume the name if you want or change your birth certificate and subsequently legally change your name. In either case this has been a thing for a long time now and your view reflects both inaccurate law and antiquated thinking.

There is this weird, insecure view from a lot of men that a woman who doesn't take on your last name is somehow slighting you or not fully committed to the relationship. Ironically that lack of trust implies the same thing about the other person.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

21. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 13:48 Beamer

Cutter wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 13:41:
Beamer wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 12:40:
Because women are property and shouldn't maintain any identity!

If you choose to marry, than no, you don't keep your name. That's how marriage works. Don't like it? Don't get married. It's like joining an organization where you have to wear a uniform then decide you don't want to wear one.

So when you join an organization you have to lose your identity?
It's 2013, Cutter. Lots of women have built their names up pretty well. Why should they be forced to give up that name recognition?

I would wager you didn't even consider changing your name when you got married. That'd be ridiculous, right? So why should we inconvenience the women? Julie Larson-Green is likely better known and earns more money than whomever she got the Green from. Why should she be forced to be the one to have to make sure everyone knows who Julie Green is when they already knew who Julie Larson was?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

20. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 13:42 MajorD

BitWraith wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 10:26:
Julie Larson-Green 'poised to become next Xbox One boss.'

I swear, that site is the biggest source of gaming missinformation I have ever seen. They'll run anything that shows up in their inbox as "news"

I've been to that site once, and that is all it took to prove it doesn't even compare to Blue's News. Blue's News has integrity, is straight forward, thorough, informative, AND Blue always gives credit where credit is due naming/identifying sites he found news worthy information he posts on his.

19. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 13:41 Cutter

If you choose to marry, than no, you don't keep your name. That's how marriage works. Don't like it? Don't get married. It's like joining an organization where you have to wear a uniform then decide you don't want to wear one.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

18. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 13:38 Cutter

Verno wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 09:39:
Pebble Has Enough Watches For Best Buy, But Not For All Preorders & Kickstarter Backers

Hah, shades of Ouya.

Yeah, this goes to what I was saying last night about not backing anything else on KS anymore without seeing a lot more concrete details for projects. This has almost been like a mini dotcom boom when people were just throwing money at any old idea, and we saw what happened with most of that.

And, sorry Stevie, putting a cute chick in charge of your Failbox division won't help. In fact, after the clusterfuck that is Win 8 it'll be the final nail in the coffin. So on second thought, yeah, put her in charge.

17. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 12:56 jdreyer

Good one! My first hearty laugh of the day.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

16. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 12:41 Tumbler

Even if its just one guy not getting his (promised) pre-order then its an issue!! Just put yourself in the shoes of that guy, you would be pretty pissed wouldnt you??

I had an experience like this dealing with that Star Trek Pinball table. It's a digital item which is more frustrating but they said that I should simply login with my email I used on kickstarter. So I did. (I chose android) The app crashed every time. I asked them to look into this, I thought it may have been related to the fact that i created this account on an Ipad and I was using it on an android.

For literally 2 months I asked them to fix this and got nothing. I eventually gave up and let them know I'd be contacting Kickstarter to ask for a refund. (all $10 of it) During all this the game was for sale in their pinball app for $5. I played the demo several times while I waited but it was extremely frustrating to have them selling it to anyone who wants it for half what I paid and feeling like I was being ignored.

Shortly after I requested a refund the issue was resolved. I used a new email and they had no trouble linking the table to that but now i have this one random account that has that table.

I've not had any other issues with my kickstarter stuff. I didn't care about the table or my $10, I did care about the principal.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

15. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 12:40 Beamer

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 12:36:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 12:28:
And the added bonus of having one of those douchebag hyphenated last names to boot.
Okay, I know I am going to regret asking, but I can't resist. Why do you care in any way if someone wants to have a hyphenated name?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

14. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 12:36 Mr. Tact

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 12:28:
And the added bonus of having one of those douchebag hyphenated last names to boot.
Okay, I know I am going to regret asking, but I can't resist. Why do you care in any way if someone wants to have a hyphenated name?

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

13. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 12:28 RollinThundr

wtf_man wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 09:43:
Julie Larson-Green 'poised to become next Xbox One boss

Brought us the Ribbon and Tiles.

/facepalm

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 12:25 Creston

Julie Larson Green... Isn't she the woman responsible for the clusterfuck that is Windows 8?

LOL. Great replacement there, Ballmer!

Creston

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 12:20 Tumbler

Dear lord, you guys are FUCKED. If you have a XBOne order in now, cancel that fucker, IMMEDIATELY.

*Doseqques guy* (Fuck spelling, Dos Equis)

I don't pre-order often, but when I do I use amazon so I can cancel that fucker at the last minute.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 10:35 InBlack

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 10:23:
Most American's don't want... So what, if enough want and it's profitable, what is the crime here? Everything has to be a complete home run? I'd say Americans really don't know if they want wearable or not and perhaps may want to try before making up their minds. How about a sane thought like that?

JLG - Face it is there anyone at MS they could give XBone to that would make us excited?

As for the Pebble, the company debates the issue and states they have taken care or all pre-orders. Then there are a couple of angry examples of some pre-orders not being fulfilled. Hard to know the overall scope of the issue.

I have a nifty blue line!

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 10:33 nin

BitWraith wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 10:26:

What happened to Kotaku's "report" that Steve Ballmer would be taking over the Xbox division? I swear, that site is the biggest source of gaming missinformation I have ever seen. They'll run anything that shows up in their inbox as "news"

If you'd bother TO READ, the letter (FROM BALMER) said:

Don’s directs will report to me and will continue to drive the day-to-day business as a team, particularly focused on shipping Xbox One this holiday.

So they're reporting to him for now, until he assigns a successor to Mattrick.

Jesus...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 10:26 BitWraith

What happened to Kotaku's "report" that Steve Ballmer would be taking over the Xbox division? I swear, that site is the biggest source of gaming missinformation I have ever seen. They'll run anything that shows up in their inbox as "news"

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 10:23 HorrorScope

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 09:59 Verno

Microsoft set to introduce Bing Ads into Other Ads.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 09:43 wtf_man

Julie Larson-Green 'poised to become next Xbox One boss

Brought us the Ribbon and Tiles.

/facepalm

64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo