Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Something weird has been going on lately when I try to embed videos in stories here. For me, at least, there is a blank where the embedded video should appear. I'll try to figure out what's going wrong here, as this should be a straightforward process, but in the meantime I'll avoid causing confusion by refraining from embedding clips.

Embedded Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Thing Thing Arena Pro.
Ultimate Waterfalls.
Science: A “bionic eye” renders the world in 6×9 resolution for the blind.
Media: What a Sword Really Sounds Like Being Removed from a Sheath.
Dance Of The Concrete Slabs. Don't worry, be slabby.
Very Funny Vines Compilation - (July, 2013). NSFW.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2013, 20:34 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 13:16:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 09:40:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 06:12:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 01:46:
Blue -

Call of Roma ad on right side scrolling up and down, says "One Click for Roman Orgy" and shows a lady prently scantly clad. Just fyi - might want to take that one down....

Darn, Bats gets all the good ones! All I see is Capitol One.

Another one - "Wartune - My Body is Your Party" girl on the beach with a bikini on. wtf.

Scanned your machine lately?

Yea, they are new ones, showing up on multiple machines, work and home......new ones showing today less intrusive.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2013, 13:16 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 09:40:
Blue -

Call of Roma ad on right side scrolling up and down, says "One Click for Roman Orgy" and shows a lady prently scantly clad. Just fyi - might want to take that one down....

Another one - "Wartune - My Body is Your Party" girl on the beach with a bikini on. wtf.

Scanned your machine lately?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2013, 09:40 xXBatmanXx

Blue -

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2013, 06:12 jdreyer

Blue -

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2013, 01:46 xXBatmanXx

Blue -

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2013, 17:36 Mashiki Amiketo

Skyrim legendary ed for $32 coupon code: GFDJUL20  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2013, 15:14 Hoop

Vines compilation
White people be like "billy, where are you billy?"
Black people be like running "Forget billy, billy's dead!"
HaHa lol

Um .. Behind you...

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2013, 14:46 xXBatmanXx

SUMMER SALE?  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2013, 14:45 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 12:37:
Uninstall and reinstall your flash player, Blue. That should probably fix it.

In funky opposite world from nin, I've had this issue with Firefox, yet not with Chrome. (Also, firefox no longer seems to want to switch quality on Youtube videos, no matter what I do. It just stays stuck on whatever resolution it defaulted to (usually 360p), even if it pretends that I've switched it to 1080p.)

Combined with the weird issue I have at work, where firefox randomly decides it cannot open google and youtube for stretches of 15-20 mins at a time, and I'm pretty close to just switching to Chrome permanently.

Creston

Huh, I had that youtube quality switching issue with Chrome, but not with FF. If you switch resolutions, pause, and move the slider back to start, it should switch.

As for the embedded vid issue, I see it in all browsers.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2013, 13:55 nin

m00t wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 12:28:
nin wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 09:44:
For me, at least, there is a blank where the embedded video should appear.

OK, I thought that was just on my end, or I would have mentioned it sooner. Been seeing it for about a week or more now...

What browser(s)? I've been having this problem on multiple sites (including youtube) with Chrome, but no problems with Firefox.

FF, actually, both home and work.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2013, 13:46 Cutter

I've had the same problem around here for a week or so, Blue. I just figured it'd resolve itself in short order. Not that big a deal - for me at any rate - as I just click the link to Ewetube.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2013, 12:37 Creston

Uninstall and reinstall your flash player, Blue. That should probably fix it.

In funky opposite world from nin, I've had this issue with Firefox, yet not with Chrome. (Also, firefox no longer seems to want to switch quality on Youtube videos, no matter what I do. It just stays stuck on whatever resolution it defaulted to (usually 360p), even if it pretends that I've switched it to 1080p.)

Combined with the weird issue I have at work, where firefox randomly decides it cannot open google and youtube for stretches of 15-20 mins at a time, and I'm pretty close to just switching to Chrome permanently.

Creston

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2013, 12:28 m00t

OK, I thought that was just on my end, or I would have mentioned it sooner. Been seeing it for about a week or more now...

What browser(s)? I've been having this problem on multiple sites (including youtube) with Chrome, but no problems with Firefox.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2013, 12:09 Agent.X7

Ugh, the sword guy is not as knowledgeable as he thinks. Obviously Hollywood exaggerates everything, but I only own two swords, and both of them ring slightly if you draw them from the sheath fast enough.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2013, 10:23 Burrito of Peace

I did make note of it in an earlier thread. Specifically here:

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2013, 09:44 nin

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo