Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Legal Briefs

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 3, 2013, 01:14 Cutter

Placid wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 01:07:
He was found guilty of identity theft and felony hacking.

I think the sentence its good in that it might deter others from thinking its fine to steal other peoples information.

Hacking? They never hacked into anything and I don't see where they stole anyone's identity.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 3, 2013, 01:07 Placid

He was found guilty of identity theft and felony hacking.

I think the sentence its good in that it might deter others from thinking its fine to steal other peoples information.

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 2, 2013, 22:57 Cutter

Yeah, almost 4 years for what? Collecting freely available information? And bankers, traders, and politicians continue to rape and pilfer the country unabated. Violent revolution is needed.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 2, 2013, 22:26 wraithnix

All the guy did was gather some publicly available information and give it to a website. What this guy got, no matter what an asshole he happens to be, is a fucking disgrace of justice. AT&T got nothing for making a boatload of information public; they were the ones who should've been punished....a fine, at least.  

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 2, 2013, 22:14 jdreyer

That's really a lot for what he did. Something is wrong when you can get more prison time for something like that than a lot of violent crimes.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo