Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rise of the Triad This Month; Preorders Get Four Apogee Games

Apogee Software announces a July 31st release date for Rise of the Triad, which will be released worldwide via digital distribution for USD $14.99. They are offering the chance to pass the month remaining before the release of Interceptor Entertainment's first-person shooter remake with a preorder program that gives customers four old-school Apogee games to play in the meantime:

In one fell swoop, Apogee and Interceptor have simultaneously dropped a ludicrous nostalgia bomb and one helluva pre-order incentive for the upcoming Rise of the Triad™ remake:

Beginning July 1st, pre-order Rise of the Triad™ and get the Apogee Throwback Pack™ for FREE, and available for immediate download. The Apogee Throwback Pack™, a collection that includes the original classic Rise of the Triad: Dark War™ and Extreme Rise of the Triad™ expansion pack, as well as Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold™ and Blake Stone: Planet Strike™, is available NOW for $9.99, but is FREE with your Rise of the Triad™ pre-order.

Pre-orders are available on all your favorite sites, including Apogee (www.apogeesoftware.com), Steam (www.steampowered.com), GOG.com (www.gog.com), and Green Man Gaming (www.greenmangaming.com).

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Rise of the Triad This Month; Preorders Get Four Apogee Games Jul 2, 2013, 19:36 killer_roach

Dev wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 09:02:
killer_roach wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 21:25:
RaZ0r! wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 20:53:
Dev wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 20:52:
Protip apogee: You shoulda put your games on steam many many years ago to get some cashflow going.

QFT

All of the ones in that Throwback Pack are available on GOG already (I'm pretty sure Extreme RoTT is just the "Extra Levels" addon that GOG provides)...
GOG != Steam

Well, somebody released the three Duke Nukem platformers on Steam as well now...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2013, 17:00 Shineyguy

Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 12:59:
Shineyguy wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 09:40:

All the videos we've seen to date are of an unfinished build of the game...

Come on. This is the most common excuse for every game with poor visuals. People should know better by now. Do you honestly think they are hiding the "good version" days before release?

This is what is coming from their mouth. Couldn't tell you whether it's true or not..

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2013, 13:45 BobBob

meh

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2013, 13:31.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2013, 12:59 Mad Max RW

Shineyguy wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 09:40:

Come on. This is the most common excuse for every game with poor visuals. People should know better by now. Do you honestly think they are hiding the "good version" days before release?

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2013, 09:40 Shineyguy

Rigs wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 00:30:
Yeah, I was just looking at some of the screenies and going, 'Oleg being shot. Oleg's brother dying. Oleg's cousin being blown to pieces. Oleg's other cousin running to help Oleg. Oleg's twin picking up an SMG. Oleg's other brother...' You'd think they'd use more than one or two enemy NPC's since we have more than 4mb of RAM now...

=-Rigs-=

12. Re: Rise of the Triad This Month; Preorders Get Four Apogee Games Jul 2, 2013, 09:02 Dev

killer_roach wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 21:25:
Protip apogee: You shoulda put your games on steam many many years ago to get some cashflow going.

QFT

All of the ones in that Throwback Pack are available on GOG already (I'm pretty sure Extreme RoTT is just the "Extra Levels" addon that GOG provides)...
GOG != Steam

11. Re: Rise of the Triad This Month; Preorders Get Four Apogee Games Jul 2, 2013, 08:52 Drazula

WTF? Welcome to 2001, 3dfx and Glide. Apogee/3DR turned into a bunch of bottom feeders. Sad.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2013, 08:01 Kristian Joensen

Jerykk wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 02:41:
Eh, not sure if the RoTT and BS games are even worth $10 combined. If the pack included every other Apogee game too, then sure.

They couldn't do that, because the new Apogee(Apogee Entertainment LLC DBA Apogee Software LLC) doesn't have the requisite licenses from the old Apogee(Apogee Software Ltd DBA 3D Realms) to include ALL the games. They have the license to the Apogee name and logo + a select few IPs + they outright bought the Rise of The Triad IP.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2013, 03:09 InBlack

Well as much as I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one, Im going to wait and see. No preorders from me, but this might be a hidden gem of a game.  

I have a nifty blue line!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2013, 02:41 Jerykk

Eh, not sure if the RoTT and BS games are even worth $10 combined. If the pack included every other Apogee game too, then sure.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2013, 00:30 Rigs

Yeah, I was just looking at some of the screenies and going, 'Oleg being shot. Oleg's brother dying. Oleg's cousin being blown to pieces. Oleg's other cousin running to help Oleg. Oleg's twin picking up an SMG. Oleg's other brother...' You'd think they'd use more than one or two enemy NPC's since we have more than 4mb of RAM now...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

6. Re: Rise of the Triad This Month; Preorders Get Four Apogee Games Jul 1, 2013, 21:41 Mad Max RW

The new ROTT looks fun but damn those character models suck. I'm getting more of a UT mod vibe from it.  

5. Re: Rise of the Triad This Month; Preorders Get Four Apogee Games Jul 1, 2013, 21:28 Overon

Where be the extended gameplay video?  

4. Re: Rise of the Triad This Month; Preorders Get Four Apogee Games Jul 1, 2013, 21:25 killer_roach

QFT

3. Re: Rise of the Triad This Month; Preorders Get Four Apogee Games Jul 1, 2013, 20:53 RaZ0r!

QFT

2. Re: Rise of the Triad This Month; Preorders Get Four Apogee Games Jul 1, 2013, 20:52 Dev

1. Re: Rise of the Triad This Month; Preorders Get Four Apogee Games Jul 1, 2013, 20:11 nin

To get the new ROTT and the classic games for $15 is a steal...

edit: AND GMGs GMG25-BAWQB-8UQWG works...$11.25!

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2013, 20:37.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo