Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: Ghosts Preorder Map

The Call of Duty website has details on a newly announced preorder bonus for Call of Duty: Ghosts, saying those who buy the military shooter before it's released will receive Free Fall, a bonus map to offer a multiplayer battlefield exclusively populated by preorder customers. Here's word on how this will show off the game's dynamic environments:

Fans around the world that pre-order the game at participating retailers will receive the Free Fall downloadable bonus map that features the new dynamic map event mechanic, included with their copy of the game at launch. Free Fall ushers in the first details on how players will encounter the changing environments in the leading multiplayer experience on consoles.

As an example of just one of Call of Duty: Ghosts' new dynamic map events, Free Fall drops players into a shattered skyscraper on the brink of collapse. Sideways staircases climb into the night sky, elevator shafts run along the ground, and what were once windows now form a terrifying glass floor, hundreds of feet above the city streets. Free Fall's close-quarters combat and frenetic action are then thrown into overdrive as the ruined skyscraper continues to fall throughout the match. With every drop, the accompanying shockwaves cause further destruction, disrupting sightlines and constantly evolving paths and chokepoints as the map changes in real-time.

"Dynamic map events change the way players approach the game, and Free Fall does a great job illustrating this new mechanic," said Mark Rubin, executive producer at Infinity Ward. "As the match progresses, the geometry of the world continues to change and players need to adjust on the fly or else. It's a really fun new feature that adds layers of strategy and constantly evolving gameplay options for players. And this is just one of the many new approaches we're putting into Ghosts' multiplayer across the board. There's so much more that we look forward to sharing in the weeks to come."

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Preorder Map Jul 2, 2013, 12:33 SpectralMeat

Hmm wasn't there another MP shooter game that had a MP map with falling skyscrapers in it?  

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Preorder Map Jul 2, 2013, 07:38 eRe4s3r

Even Half-Life 1 had that map with the bunker that had a nuke test button that closed the bunker doors and left anyone who couldn't in stranded outside for a while ,p  

7. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Preorder Map Jul 2, 2013, 06:53 InBlack

Ventura wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 06:30:
If I had a dollar for every person who actually thought the idea of this falling skyscraper was cool but hasn't said anything because fuck it, it's Call of Duty, I wonder how much shorter my working day tomorrow would be.

I'll admit that Ghosts has been a bit of a joke thus far what with all the talk about the dog companion and fish that move out of the way when you swim by, but hey, I won't deny that these dynamic map event things sound like a lot of fun.

Dynamic scripted map events, I was wondering when that would become fashionable again. Ive yet to see a game nail it better than Duke3d, how long ago was it??? Ah....16 years ago

I have a nifty blue line!

6. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Preorder Map Jul 2, 2013, 06:30 Ventura

If I had a dollar for every person who actually thought the idea of this falling skyscraper was cool but hasn't said anything because fuck it, it's Call of Duty, I wonder how much shorter my working day tomorrow would be.

I'll admit that Ghosts has been a bit of a joke thus far what with all the talk about the dog companion and fish that move out of the way when you swim by, but hey, I won't deny that these dynamic map event things sound like a lot of fun.

5. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Preorder Map Jul 1, 2013, 22:51 robdot

I will never understand why so many people will pay 60 dollars for what is essentially an online pass. But i know lots of people who will buy this game, and only this game, and just play it over and over untill the next one.  

4. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Preorder Map Jul 1, 2013, 21:53 Cutter

Call of Doody: Pewps

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

3. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Preorder Map Jul 1, 2013, 21:30 Rhett

Ah yes. The first one is free, but the two-dozen that follow it shall not be.  

2. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Preorder Map Jul 1, 2013, 21:02 Tumbler

Didn't this thing turn into a big cf last time? Why do this again? There are better ways to offer bonus'.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

1. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Preorder Map Jul 1, 2013, 20:55 eRe4s3r

Ah yes, the call of doody.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo