Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: etc. Jun 30, 2013, 02:54 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 29, 2013, 06:51:
nin wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 09:51:
Metro: Last Light #3 - The Brothel.

Had tears running down my face last night...

Best part "Do you think animals get PRO-STATE cancer?"

"helloooooooooo!"

His goofy laugh gets annoying after awhile, but his narration more than makes up for it.

"I'm a G-MILF hunter!"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: etc. Jun 29, 2013, 06:51 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 09:51:

Best part "Do you think animals get PRO-STATE cancer?"

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

9. Re: etc. Jun 28, 2013, 20:38 Sepharo

jimnms wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 12:22:
Tumbler wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 11:26:
Origin serves little purpose other than an obstacle to play their games. It's not a big obstacle but if their website simply offered downloads of the games directly I can't say I'd miss origin.

You could say exactly the same thing about Valve. Can you name a place where I can buy a Valve game that doesn't require Steam?

You think Steam serves little purpose other than an obstacle? You wouldn't miss Steam if Valve offered direct downloads?

I kind of find that a little hard to believe

8. Re: etc. Jun 28, 2013, 12:22 jimnms

Tumbler wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 11:26:
Origin serves little purpose other than an obstacle to play their games. It's not a big obstacle but if their website simply offered downloads of the games directly I can't say I'd miss origin.

You could say exactly the same thing about Valve. Can you name a place where I can buy a Valve game that doesn't require Steam?

Steam Profile

7. Re: etc. Jun 28, 2013, 11:26 Tumbler

EA and MS seems like an easy match, they're both clearly delusional. Origin serves little purpose other than an obstacle to play their games. It's not a big obstacle but if their website simply offered downloads of the games directly I can't say I'd miss origin.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

6. Re: etc. Jun 28, 2013, 11:07 Cutter

Only 500k? I'd have thought it would have sold a lot more. Best game in years!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: etc. Jun 28, 2013, 10:53 Creston

Service? On Origin? Maybe the word means something different in EA vernacular than it does in mine?

I still can't back up games on Origin. I still can't download a game in a location with speedy internet access and then just port it over to my home system without having to jump through hoops and praying the "work-around" will actually function. (The two times I tried it it failed miserably.)

About the only thing on Origin that DOES work properly is the transaction part of it, but there YMMV tremendously. Ray, did your wife ever get her Sims 3 copy from Origin? Or is she STILL waiting?

There is a big difference between how Wilson would like Origin to be perceived and what customers actually think of the service, though. That's something that will have to be dealt with. "There are a number of years of built-up perception around what Origin is and why we need Origin and the focus of Origin," Wilson acknowledged. "I am not so naÔve as to believe we will change that perception quickly.

Ah, there we go. The problem isn't that Origin isn't as good as it should be; the problem is that we PERCEIVE it to not be very good. THAT's what EA needs to change, apparently. Let's not make the product better, let's just alter the perception of said product.

Expect 200 million dollars worth of Origin marketing to be coming your way in the next year or so. Rolleyes

Creston

4. Re: etc. Jun 28, 2013, 10:18 InBlack

Good for Blood Dragon! Im hoping they make a stand-alone sequel and market it as such. SO much better than the shit we usually get ported over to the PC these days.  

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: etc. Jun 28, 2013, 10:16 avianflu

the not so funny part is that if Origin goes away in 2 years or so, what happens to your games library?

2. Re: etc. Jun 28, 2013, 09:51 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: etc. Jun 28, 2013, 09:50 Darks

EA will never get it, the day they abandoned Steam, was the day they lost millions in sales. They figured their great experiment would work and thrive and itís done the opposite. As long as Steam is not a portal to release their games. I will never, ever buy any of their games.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo