Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well, after sawing up a shim, drilling some holes and screwing things together, I found the brace intended to hold the air conditioner in the window was not creating a stable surface in any way. I finagled with it for a bit and then tried setting the AC in a window with no brace, and it sat perfectly, storm window frame and all. So my assessment of the installation not being trivial was correct, only because I assumed it would not be, and spent a lot of effort for nothing. That aside, as it turns out, it was beyond trivial. Oh yeah, and having the ability to cool off is nice too. 20th century technology ftw!

Cool Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Bloons TD 5 Games.
Nitrome Must Die.
Stories: The X-Files Will Celebrate Its 20th Birthday at Comic-Con.
Science: Do chimpanzees understand death?
NASA's Voyager 1 Explores Final Frontier of Our 'Solar Bubble'.
Man's Parkinson's disease symptoms vanish with the push of a button. Thanks nin.
Media: Everything Wrong With Independence Day and the Honest Trailer.
Kitten Refuses to Give Back Stolen Money.
Amazing bead chain experiment in slow motion. Thanks HARDOCP.
Follow-Up: Mystery solved: meteorite caused Tunguska devastation.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2013, 17:26 Hoop

jdreyer wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 14:33:
Did anyone else read this as:
I clicked on it and looked at the picture thinking, Where are the wasps?

Not alone
I swear this is the only wrap I could figure he might be shooting with his staff. (And by staff i dont mean his Entourage)
http://goo.gl/J2uwE
click ... arrrh

Um .. Behind you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2013, 14:33 jdreyer

Did anyone else read this as:

I clicked on it and looked at the picture thinking, Where are the wasps?

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2013, 14:27 1badmf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 11:50:
nin wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 09:49:
At least you're cool now! I mean, you were always cool, but now you're cool cool.

I am impressed the Blue house gave in to AC. Congrats sir. I just sit mine on the storm window as well, it is metal, not really that flimsy, as long as you don't slide it in and out sitting on that frame, should be ok.

I have to say, it appears A. Hernandez is one of the dumbest SOBs out there. I mean, come on......really dude? You actually thought you would get away with THAT? I don't think they can call that premeditated...he spent...what....20 seconds on that plan? Moron.

Own gun, own gum, on video, rental car in his name, keys for rental car in victim's pocket, on video at his own house, cell phone records galore. Guess he never watched CSI, or read a book, or knows ANYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING other than running fast? Wow.....

at least he's finally making it cool to wear v-necks! in about a month you'll see all kinds of gangster wannabes wearing one.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2013, 14:16 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 13:45:
Edit : It's nowhere near as incredible as that poor Parkinson's guy. Halfway through his shakes I was thinking "oh dear god, I hope he can still turn that device back on..."

Creston

Wow. That is amazing. He's got a good sense of humor about it, though: "Shaking up quality cocktails with the right, doing the royal wave with the left."

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2013, 14:01 Creston

nin wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 12:25:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 12:12:
In the "Smartest thing I've done in a long time" category is Alec Baldwin who finally caught a clue and closed his twitter account. This after his latest set of embarrassing comments. Never ceases to amaze me how people in public life continue to act like complete and total idiots. Hire an assistant to be your buffer.

Early in his career (Hunt for Red October), I liked him as an actor, but the last 10 years or so (starting with the time he called his daughter a "rude pig" or the like, if not before) he just seems like a total jackass, and I avoid him. He clearly has anger management issues.

I believe it's more likely he suffers from Charlie Sheen's Disease. Also known as "cocaine abuse."

Creston

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2013, 13:45 Creston

The beads thing had me flabbergasted. I'm totally going to try this at home (FUCK YOU MYTHBUSTERS!)

Edit : It's nowhere near as incredible as that poor Parkinson's guy. Halfway through his shakes I was thinking "oh dear god, I hope he can still turn that device back on..."

Creston

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 2013, 14:00.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2013, 12:55 Tanto Edge

Doesn't something need to be still running in order to have a 'birthday'?
I mean, we don't typically celebrate the birthdays of dead things.
Unless you're doing a Google Doodle..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

8. Re: Do chimpanzees understand death? Jun 28, 2013, 12:51 Mr. Tact

Bill Borre wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 12:39:
Does anybody?
Guess that depends on what scope you are discussing. At a purely physical level normal, adult humans certainly do. We don't poke dead people expecting them to wake up. Beyond that, it's highly variable depending on who you talk to.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

7. Re: Do chimpanzees understand death? Jun 28, 2013, 12:39 Bill Borre

Does anybody?  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2013, 12:25 nin

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 12:12:
In the "Smartest thing I've done in a long time" category is Alec Baldwin who finally caught a clue and closed his twitter account. This after his latest set of embarrassing comments. Never ceases to amaze me how people in public life continue to act like complete and total idiots. Hire an assistant to be your buffer.

Early in his career (Hunt for Red October), I liked him as an actor, but the last 10 years or so (starting with the time he called his daughter a "rude pig" or the like, if not before) he just seems like a total jackass, and I avoid him. He clearly has anger management issues.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2013, 12:12 Mr. Tact

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2013, 11:50 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 09:49:
At least you're cool now! I mean, you were always cool, but now you're cool cool.

I am impressed the Blue house gave in to AC. Congrats sir. I just sit mine on the storm window as well, it is metal, not really that flimsy, as long as you don't slide it in and out sitting on that frame, should be ok.

I have to say, it appears A. Hernandez is one of the dumbest SOBs out there. I mean, come on......really dude? You actually thought you would get away with THAT? I don't think they can call that premeditated...he spent...what....20 seconds on that plan? Moron.

Own gun, own gum, on video, rental car in his name, keys for rental car in victim's pocket, on video at his own house, cell phone records galore. Guess he never watched CSI, or read a book, or knows ANYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING other than running fast? Wow.....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

3. Re: Amazing bead chain experiment Jun 28, 2013, 11:26 Mr. Tact

Some pretty cool physics going on there.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2013, 11:13 Cutter

I wonder if the pooches will hang out in there now during the summer?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2013, 09:49 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo