Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Bans

The Diablo III website has word that Blizzard has banned more players from the action/RPG sequel for cheating:

"Play nice; Play fair." It's one of Blizzard Entertainment's core values, and it's something we take very seriously.

Over the last year, we've issued frequent rounds of account bans for cheating in Diablo III, and we've just issued another. While we may not mention each round of account bans when they occur, we have and will continue to monitor Diablo III for exploitative behavior and take action as needed in order to help preserve the integrity of the game.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 28, 2013, 13:09 FU

Lol people care enough about this to the level to get banned.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 28, 2013, 12:16 Mr. Tact

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 09:50:
I wonder why this ARPG gets so many chances, when other games if they suck and if they patch no one cares again?
Just a guess, but I'm going to say because it sold millions of copies.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

23. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 28, 2013, 12:05 Optional nickname

It's funny, because the number of people that Banned Diablo 3, is like a ratio of 200:1 compared to that of Blizzard's bans.

read it and weep, you WoW tards. sorry, this game is just a spinoff to give the WoW crowd something to poke at, it is not a game for the Diablo 1&2 inspired minds.

Here's to the next gen of indie and up and coming game developers, the stuff we're seeing this decade is truly truly disheartening. Can't ride each wave I guess, this one is a riptide. I hope to create my own dev studio with young creative minds, and integrity, that will pull the fucking rug under EA and Activision's feet in less than 20 years time.

Leisure suit larry, reloaded, now that is something I have to play this weekend... oh the memories, thx Al for that one! been a long time in the making eh? Please remake all of them! The 3rd one is so fantastic too, playing as Passionate Pattie. What a way to teach a 13 year old about adulthood, back then, thx for that!

22. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 28, 2013, 11:21 rist3903

Because Blizzard. They have had a stellar set of games in the past, and really shine with the polish they apply both pre and post release. I think the RMAH may have tainted this particular one a bit too much to make any expansion amazing though.

I could be mistaken.

21. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 28, 2013, 09:50 HorrorScope

I wonder why this ARPG gets so many chances, when other games if they suck and if they patch no one cares again?  

20. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 28, 2013, 08:35 Armengar

I play every now and again. Never used RMAH or chinese gold. I can do MP8 in my WD and have a paragon 4/5 of every other class except DH (ironically the first char I rolled). Granted I had a lucky drop that i sold for 500M on the AH (was probably worth twice that but I wanted to sell quick not play stock markets). that kitted out all my chars and I still have 100M in the bank.

If my friends are on i'll hop in for a while. It is still fun but no longer my "primary" game.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

19. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 28, 2013, 08:30 Theo

Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 07:17:
Cutter wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 20:54:
Play fair? Like building your game to encourage people to have to use the RMAH so you can profit by it? That sort of fair?

Cutter tears in every thread. Sigh.

no just more of cutter displaying that he has either never played the game, or is a troll, or stupid. take your pick.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

18. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 28, 2013, 07:17 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 20:54:
Play fair? Like building your game to encourage people to have to use the RMAH so you can profit by it? That sort of fair?

Cutter tears in every thread. Sigh.

17. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 28, 2013, 05:59 Julio

Diablo 3 is just not fun beyond a few days. Spending your time grinding against a mass of Chinese prisoners and bots to deal with constant inflation isn't fun. In addition, rerunning the same small amount of levels again and again is like watching paint dry.

But hey, go for it if you like that sort of thing (or if you're a Chinese prisoner reading this).

16. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 28, 2013, 05:41 eRe4s3r

I stopped playing after I realized that you can either buy yourself out of enjoyment, or grind yourself out of enjoyment.. either way, the game is a wreck. Not a train wreck, because trains are awesome when they run, this is just a wreck, a piece of a wreck that fell off.. the front of a ship.. that fell off, when a wave hit it.. That's Diablo 3.

The wave is the Inferno wall, when you get past that you realize what a fucked up game this is. There is absolutely 0 reason to play this game.

15. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 28, 2013, 04:43 Armengar

i'd want a cut of that action or grass him up :-)  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

14. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 28, 2013, 04:05 NewMaxx

I'll be honest. I visited my brother's house in March-April and saw his uber system running multiple instances of D3 bots that were not only running instances but gathering and auctioning the loot. I mean, full-automation money-making machines. He has it running along-side Bitcoin generating systems and bots for other similar titles, but it really just opened my eyes to how f'd (yes, f'd) up this entire thing is. I always felt against RMAH but after seeing that in person...you have to be pretty ignorant not to see what's going on.  

13. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 28, 2013, 03:19 InBlack

Oh so they are thinking of adding item "scaling" and "bound" equipment. You have to congratulate them on a great and imaginative fix! Its sooo much easier than you know, actually doing proper itemization. Great. Fucking Brilliant! Way to go Blizzard, you have really re-captured the essence of Diablo!!

FUCK THOSE LOSERS!

*edited for spelling mistakes*

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 2013, 07:37.

I have a nifty blue line!

12. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 28, 2013, 00:43 jacobvandy

Weaseal wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 23:21:
Wallshadows wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 22:52:
I essentially bought myself out of enjoying the game.

Try hardcore. It was fun, again. It's different. You'll die, you know this. Your gold and stash carry over, though, so it often becomes easier over time.

Wow, so it's only the items your character has equipped when he dies that are lost? I was under the impression that every character was a clean slate, including gold and crafting and stash, all of that... My monk is level 32 or so now, and I've had a lot of fun starting him from scratch in a vacuum. I guess that explains why prices are so high on the HC auction house, it's still got that wealth creep, combined with the extra emphasis on having the best stuff because it keeps you alive. That's not very hardcore at all.

11. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 28, 2013, 00:09 NeOCidE

.......to help preserve the integrity of the game.

I didn't realise the game had any integrity to begin with.

Trent Reznor - Atticus Ross an incredible team.

10. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 27, 2013, 23:54 El Pit

I don't like cheaters, but this sounds like "Don't cheat in your singeplayer game, because we own it!"

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 2013, 00:30.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

9. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 27, 2013, 23:30 Pigeon

kunic wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 21:38:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 21:36:
I wonder who is actually playing D3 right now... even if you aren't bored to death, it's pointless to play before patch 1.09(assuming it comes out in our lifetimes) when they do the re-itemization.

There are tens of thousands of bots of course, but I can't picture living people still in D3 at this point. This is dead time for that game.

I'm currently playing D3. But it's more or less to see what's changed since launch. My goal is to hit at least Paragon 50 and be geared enough to handle MP8, then I'm waiting for 1.0.9.

I finally got around to giving 1.08 a try as well and things had improved. The impenetrable wall the was inferno Belial wasn't nearly the issue it was. Drops were a little better but nothing exciting. So better but not anywhere near D-II levels.

8. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 27, 2013, 23:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

I played it enough after patch 1.08 released to hit Paragon 38 which only took a week or so of casual grinding to make Inferno Machines. What blew my socks off was the fact that I sold a nearly perfect Leoric ring on the RMAH for $3 and bought more gold than I would ever likely farm on my own.

Once you get that much gold and given how easy it can be to get there thanks to selling shit on the RMAH, you've essentially beat the game and nothing ever becomes an 'ohhhh shiny' moment. For about 100m gold, I decked out my Barbarian to around 225k DPS and got to the point where I can walk over mobs in high MP games.

I am sorry you had to go through that. It's a pretty common story that I hear related to D3. That's why I never used the RMAH, and only used the GAH to buy some cheap Blacksmith plans, I knew it'd ruin the game for me. Of course my characters all look like they are without the AH, their gear is mostly trash, hehe. I do plan on going back to at least check out D3 after the next patch, but I'm honestly getting more enjoyment out of fiddling with TL2 these days, for my ARPG fix.

7. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 27, 2013, 23:21 Weaseal

Try hardcore. It was fun, again. It's different. You'll die, you know this. Your gold and stash carry over, though, so it often becomes easier over time.

6. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 27, 2013, 22:52 Wallshadows

I played it enough after patch 1.08 released to hit Paragon 38 which only took a week or so of casual grinding to make Inferno Machines. What blew my socks off was the fact that I sold a nearly perfect Leoric ring on the RMAH for $3 and bought more gold than I would ever likely farm on my own.

Once you get that much gold and given how easy it can be to get there thanks to selling shit on the RMAH, you've essentially beat the game and nothing ever becomes an 'ohhhh shiny' moment. For about 100m gold, I decked out my Barbarian to around 225k DPS and got to the point where I can walk over mobs in high MP games.

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo