Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 23:07 Redmask

swedishfriend wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 19:25:
Except MS is 17 times as big a company as Sony (maybe that is money on hand or market cap, not sure). MS can afford to do most anything while Sony can afford very few mistakes at the moment.

Investors are tired of Microsofts other divisions being unprofitable and making poor margins, Microsoft is also having a huge reorganization due to this. So no they can't really afford to just lose money like its nothing, as evidenced by their changes after discovering the PS4 was outselling them in preorders. At the end of the day if people aren't buying your product then you can't ignore that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 20:21 LittleMe

deqer wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 12:58:
they act on that knowledge for their better interest; not for our interest.

As in, they make a sequel or additional DLC for us to play? Their interest is selling more copies of the game and will do so as long as we buy them. But yes, with the feds spying on everyone, where that information they gather goes is a concern for the user. Vote with the wallet.

I do see that MS does get overly greedy sometimes though. The market has spoken loud and clear that MS made bad decisions with both Windows 8 and Xbone. They still must provide a good service, otherwise the customer can go elsewhere.

then think they can do shit like DRM on their entire console because "well, people will buy it because it's how you get Halo."

They can, but their market position would suffer and they'd lose money if they stuck their heads in the sand and ignored what the customer wants by acting like a monopoly. MS is not a gaming monopoly. What you seem to be making into a problem is something that the market is already sorting out all by itself.

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2013, 20:27.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

29. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 19:57 Tumbler

I would be slightly more interested in kinect 2.0 if it worked with the pc. Keep up the good work MS.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

28. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 19:37 nin

MS can afford to do most anything while Sony can afford very few mistakes at the moment.

Well they can't afford to be always on.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

27. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 19:25 swedishfriend

Verno wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 11:27:
nin wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 10:59:
Yep. But we need their fuckups (and improvements) to keep the competition in line.

Yep exactly. Back in 2006 this was Sony with the supreme arrogance, talking down to the consumer, expensive console and etc. They went from selling 150 million PS2s and kicking Xbox ass to selling half that figure in a single generation, they also lost a lot of money along the way. That competition has been directly cited by Jack Tretton and other Sony executives as the reason they rethought their strategies this time.

They might be even more stubborn than Sony but eventually Microsoft will be forced to listen.

Except MS is 17 times as big a company as Sony (maybe that is money on hand or market cap, not sure). MS can afford to do most anything while Sony can afford very few mistakes at the moment.

26. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 17:17 jdreyer

nin wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 14:01:
You should totally deactivate your account right now, as I'm pretty sure Blue logs everything.
I admit, I laughed out loud reading that.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

25. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 17:08 nin

Prez wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 17:06:
Microsoft: Kinect for Xbox One will not work on PCs.

Look at the huge number of shits I'm not giving!!

Page Creston and his dismissive wanks!

24. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 17:06 Prez

Microsoft: Kinect for Xbox One will not work on PCs.

Look at the huge number of shits I'm not giving!!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

23. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 17:02 Pigeon

People using hardware in innovative ways not intended by the developer? We can't have that now can -_-  

22. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 15:38 Cutter

Can't use it with the PC? Good! You couldn't pay me to put one of those creepy things in my home.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

21. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 15:27 Yosemite Sam

Titanfall looked good but IMO Destiny was the top game of E3.

EDIT seeing as I just recently picked it up gotta give kudos to FTL, brilliant game and addicting as hell. One of the best $2.50 I ever spent.

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2013, 15:33.

PSN id PR345(PS3) PST Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

Looking for an active crew in GTA 5? I'm a Crew lieutenant for VCCM, adults only, 500+ members.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

20. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 14:01 nin

deqer wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 12:58:
InBlack wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 09:47:
nin wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 09:25:
Xbox One and Xbox 360 Games Win Big at E3. Denial is one thing. Self-deception is another.

Yeah, from news.xbox.com...nice try!

About as trustworthy as the official chinese news agency, or FOX, or CNN....

And that's just it. My point about "invasion of privacy" for companies to know what games we play, and how much of it. Because once a company finds out how popular a title is, they act on that knowledge for their better interest; not for our interest. They take advantage of us in that regard. They get an ego boost, then think they can do shit like DRM on their entire console because "well, people will buy it because it's how you get Halo."

Fuck online gaming / tracking.

You should totally deactivate your account right now, as I'm pretty sure Blue logs everything.

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 12:58 deqer

Xbox One and Xbox 360 Games Win Big at E3. Denial is one thing. Self-deception is another.

And that's just it. My point about "invasion of privacy" for companies to know what games we play, and how much of it. Because once a company finds out how popular a title is, they act on that knowledge for their better interest; not for our interest. They take advantage of us in that regard. They get an ego boost, then think they can do shit like DRM on their entire console because "well, people will buy it because it's how you get Halo."

Fuck online gaming / tracking.

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 11:27 Verno

nin wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 10:59:
Yep. But we need their fuckups (and improvements) to keep the competition in line.

Yep exactly. Back in 2006 this was Sony with the supreme arrogance, talking down to the consumer, expensive console and etc. They went from selling 150 million PS2s and kicking Xbox ass to selling half that figure in a single generation, they also lost a lot of money along the way. That competition has been directly cited by Jack Tretton and other Sony executives as the reason they rethought their strategies this time.

They might be even more stubborn than Sony but eventually Microsoft will be forced to listen.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 10:59 nin

It's a shame really that they've been BackscrabbleSoft for the past two weeks. It would have been so enjoyable to watch them burn come the holidays.

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 10:58 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 10:51:
The sad thing is that Microsoft actually believes their own horseshit. They're not just trying to hoodwink people into believing them, they are genuinely CONVINCED that they are head and shoulders above the PS4.

It's a shame really that they've been BackscrabbleSoft for the past two weeks. It would have been so enjoyable to watch them burn come the holidays.

Creston

Don't worry $$$ will speak louder then words.
They can keep telling themselves whatever they want to believe in, but it is the consumer that they need to convince not the Microshaft executives.

Steam: SpectralMeat

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 10:51 Creston

The sad thing is that Microsoft actually believes their own horseshit. They're not just trying to hoodwink people into believing them, they are genuinely CONVINCED that they are head and shoulders above the PS4.

Creston

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 10:35 InBlack

Sorry Urk  

I have a nifty blue line!

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 10:25 nin

InBlack wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 10:23:
RollinThundr wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 09:51:

Funny how you left the most unreliable "news source" off that list. Go figure.

Which one is that? I included both FOX and CNN as they seem to be the 'right' and 'left' leaning pulpits of choice for US politicians.

<headshake> you fed the troll...

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 10:23 InBlack

RollinThundr wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 09:51:

Funny how you left the most unreliable "news source" off that list. Go figure.

Which one is that? I included both FOX and CNN as they seem to be the 'right' and 'left' leaning pulpits of choice for US politicians.

I have a nifty blue line!

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo