Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Trading Cards Launch

Steam News announces that Steam Trading Cards are out of beta, allowing to make like a proper pressure cooker and raise your Steam level:

Today we're making Steam Trading Cards available to everyone. Steam Trading Cards are virtual cards you can earn just by playing some of your favorite games, like Team Fortress 2, FTL, GRID 2, Monaco, Trine 2, Super Meat Boy, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and more. In total there are over 30 games with Steam Trading Cards, with more being added every week. Collecting cards lets you craft new badges for your Steam Profile and earn rewards like emoticons, profile backgrounds, and coupons.

We've also updated everyone's Steam Community profile with a new look. The new profile has a more concentrated focus on what you play and how you participate on Steam. There are new customization options as well, like the new profile Showcases that let you choose what you want to show off: favorite games, items up for trade, workshop mods, hard-earned achievements, and more.

Additionally, you'll see a new "Steam Level" on your profile, and when hovering over a player's avatar. Every badge on Steam now grants XP, which contributes to your Steam Level. If you've been a Steam member for more than a year and have at least one game on your account, then you've already got two badges. You can earn more by participating in events and sales, collecting trading cards, trying out all the Steam Community features, and more.

To learn more about all the new features, visit the Trading Card Update Page

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

19. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 19:32 xXBatmanXx

Closed Betas wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 18:25:
they are starting to lose customers in droves, im one who has left. So to help slow down the exit lane, they try and lock you in to shopping here, with this bs collecting crap.... its pretty sad....

waaaaaaahhh. go away.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 19:31 Prez

Creston wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 17:29:
Btw, rumors about that there is one Ultra-Rare Steam card out there, the owner of which has automatic access to Every.Single.Steam.Game.Ever.

No one knows how to obtain it, or if it's currently already in circulation. Even the people at Valve and Steam have no clue where this card is. All they know is its name.

The card is called... prez

Creston

LOL! I checked my profile and it said I could add a title to it from one of my badges. I'm a level 13 "game collector".

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

17. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 19:26 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 18:36:
You are obviously unaware that you can buy every game about 30% to 50% cheaper if you don't buy directly on Steam... but hey, it's your money.

What? Keys from sketchy Russian and Chinese sites? Yeah, no thanks. And seeing as the vast majority of us wait for prices to drop at least 50% on most games it's really no big whoop. Most of us also have plenty of other stuff to do besides game as well. I went sailing today as an example. Good times.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

16. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 19:17 jdreyer

they are starting to lose customers in droves, im one who has left. So to help slow down the exit lane, they try and lock you in to shopping here, with this bs collecting crap.... its pretty sad....

You could be right, that fewer people than before are buying directly on Steam, although "droves" sounds a bit extreme. There's a lot more competition than before after all. Regardless, a lot of places sell games with Steam keys, and I'm sure Valve is getting a piece of that. And Steam concurrent users is as high as it's ever been. So, I'm sure financially they're doing just fine.

As for the cards locking you in, Steam has often had some kind of gimmick or metagame with their major sales, so this is nothing new.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

15. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 18:49 ASeven

http://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg

14. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 18:46 nin

Techie714 © wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 18:28:

LMAO...Yea..Okay...
Dunce

AH-hahahahahahahaha!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 18:36 eRe4s3r

You are obviously unaware that you can buy every game about 30% to 50% cheaper if you don't buy directly on Steam... but hey, it's your money.  

12. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 18:28 Techie714 ©

LMAO...Yea..Okay...
Dunce

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

11. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 18:25 Closed Betas

10. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 17:54 Techie714 ©

Hmm I never get Steam coupons?

This new card system seems pretty neat..

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

9. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 17:29 Creston

Btw, rumors about that there is one Ultra-Rare Steam card out there, the owner of which has automatic access to Every.Single.Steam.Game.Ever.

No one knows how to obtain it, or if it's currently already in circulation. Even the people at Valve and Steam have no clue where this card is. All they know is its name.

The card is called... prez

Creston

8. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 17:27 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 16:34:
So Steam sale starts tomorrow? Any bets?

I hope so. I've completed like ten games the past few weeks, and I need some new stuff.

Creston

7. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 17:09 Elricsi

And it says the coupons can not be combined with any other offer.

If they are smart, and Valve is, the sale starts tomorrow. Lots of people with days off next week.

6. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 16:53 jacobvandy

nin wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 16:36:

I still think next week, as I have some coupons that don't expire until like July 1...and coincidentally none after that.

And I have plenty that are valid until July 9th, which I received yesterday. I don't think that means anything.

5. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 16:48 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 16:34:
And so came to be, Steam Trading Cards became available to everyone, heralding the start of a new Age of Poverty. For whenever such an event has come to pass, it has always foretold the coming of the dreaded Steam Sale, bane to savings accounts everywhere.

Huh, that might explain why my wallet was cowering in a corner this morning.

So I start out at level 10....whatever that means. I need, nay, demand some Final Fantasy style victory music.

4. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 16:43 xXBatmanXx

So it helps to have a higher level, the random drops just hit me 2x. 1 for a regular card and 1 for a foil card that I will be selling! Awesome. The marketplace is jacked, not much is working right now.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

3. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 16:36 nin

I still think next week, as I have some coupons that don't expire until like July 1...and coincidentally none after that.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 16:34 jdreyer

And so came to be, Steam Trading Cards became available to everyone, heralding the start of a new Age of Poverty. For whenever such an event has come to pass, it has always foretold the coming of the dreaded Steam Sale, bane to savings accounts everywhere.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

1. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 16:34 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo