Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Trading Cards Launch

Steam News announces that Steam Trading Cards are out of beta, allowing to make like a proper pressure cooker and raise your Steam level:

Today we're making Steam Trading Cards available to everyone. Steam Trading Cards are virtual cards you can earn just by playing some of your favorite games, like Team Fortress 2, FTL, GRID 2, Monaco, Trine 2, Super Meat Boy, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and more. In total there are over 30 games with Steam Trading Cards, with more being added every week. Collecting cards lets you craft new badges for your Steam Profile and earn rewards like emoticons, profile backgrounds, and coupons.

We've also updated everyone's Steam Community profile with a new look. The new profile has a more concentrated focus on what you play and how you participate on Steam. There are new customization options as well, like the new profile Showcases that let you choose what you want to show off: favorite games, items up for trade, workshop mods, hard-earned achievements, and more.

Additionally, you'll see a new "Steam Level" on your profile, and when hovering over a player's avatar. Every badge on Steam now grants XP, which contributes to your Steam Level. If you've been a Steam member for more than a year and have at least one game on your account, then you've already got two badges. You can earn more by participating in events and sales, collecting trading cards, trying out all the Steam Community features, and more.

To learn more about all the new features, visit the Trading Card Update Page

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

39. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jul 1, 2013, 18:21 Redmask

I've sold $30 worth of cards so far, why are people buying these? Who knows but please keep giving me free money.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 27, 2013, 15:29 eRe4s3r

Badly worded is what it is I meant to type another site apart from GMG (Which only has the 25% vouchers and sometimes the UK pricing, which pushes it to 33% rebate) until I remembered that linking to that might not even be allowed here.

And mainly because I am not sure where it sits. It doesn't have 70% cheaper prices, but it has sales that are sometimes 70% cheaper than retail ;p Not for everything, only for very specific games, and randomly (or so it appears)

37. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 27, 2013, 13:24 Creston

Prez wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 12:16:
Back when Krovven was still my friend he showed me a dude he was friends with who had around 1900 games. That's the most I've ever seen.

There's a guy on your friends list who was level 29, I thought? I reckon he's got around 2000?

Here I thought I had many, with my 238.

Creston

36. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 27, 2013, 12:47 SpectralMeat

That is freaking crazy.
I have 195 games but I already feel overwhelmed sometimes by how many I own and barely play any due to lack of time.
I have to use the search function in the Steam client to find games.

Steam: SpectralMeat

35. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 27, 2013, 12:16 Prez

Back when Krovven was still my friend he showed me a dude he was friends with who had around 1900 games. That's the most I've ever seen.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

34. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 27, 2013, 10:36 SpectralMeat

Have a guy on my FL he is lvl22 he is on Steam for 4 years and owns over 1100 games.
It must be nice to be rich, young, and time millionaire.

Steam: SpectralMeat

33. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 27, 2013, 09:00 Prez

InBlack wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 06:18:
Holy shit, that would make him Steam's number 1. customer. We are sharing a news board with a proper celebrity! Valve should like build him a monument or gift him with a life-time 15% discount on all titles or some shit like that....

Prez for Bluesnews Prez! I am starting a coup! No one can stop me!! MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!! Devilish

Unless Blue bans me - I have no defense against that...

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

32. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 27, 2013, 07:38 gray

Golwar wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 07:15:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 19:49:
To me (German!) Steam is already 70% more expensive, even with 66% sales it's still more expensive than buying on legit sites that are neither russian nor chinese Like GMG

And what has being bored to death on a boat to do with buying overpriced games on Steam anyway... I'd rather play Rogue Warrior twice through than go 50ft near a boat ^^

How is GMG 70% then Steam? They have their 20-25% voucher. Do you pay in US$ there? But even then it wouldn't beat a steam sale by 70%.

The recent Dead Island Riptide sale was amusing, 50% off steam price = launch price I paid at retail on release day

31. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 27, 2013, 07:15 Golwar

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 19:49:
To me (German!) Steam is already 70% more expensive, even with 66% sales it's still more expensive than buying on legit sites that are neither russian nor chinese Like GMG

And what has being bored to death on a boat to do with buying overpriced games on Steam anyway... I'd rather play Rogue Warrior twice through than go 50ft near a boat ^^

How is GMG 70% cheaper than Steam? They have their 20-25% voucher. Do you pay in US$ there? But even then it wouldn't beat a steam sale by 70%.

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2013, 19:38.

30. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 27, 2013, 06:18 InBlack

Holy shit, that would make him Steam's number 1. customer. We are sharing a news board with a proper celebrity! Valve should like build him a monument or gift him with a life-time 15% discount on all titles or some shit like that....  

I have a nifty blue line!

29. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 23:46 Creston

Prez wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 19:31:
LOL! I checked my profile and it said I could add a title to it from one of my badges. I'm a level 13 "game collector".

Funny note: That makes him number 1. The number 2 "game collector" is level 4.

Creston

28. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 21:26 Mr. Tact

All your games belong to Prez!  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

27. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 21:22 killer_roach

Genesys wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 21:00:
LOL! I checked my profile and it said I could add a title to it from one of my badges. I'm a level 13 "game collector".

You're level 14 right now. Holy freaking cow! "Director of Acquisitions" indeed! Get 19 more games so we can see what the next badge is called

Is that the one at 1000 games? It's "Game Industry Guardian".

26. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 21:00 Genesys

You're level 14 right now. Holy freaking cow! "Director of Acquisitions" indeed! Get 19 more games so we can see what the next badge is called

25. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 20:14 KezClone

Creston wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 17:29:
Btw, rumors about that there is one Ultra-Rare Steam card out there, the owner of which has automatic access to Every.Single.Steam.Game.Ever.

No one knows how to obtain it, or if it's currently already in circulation. Even the people at Valve and Steam have no clue where this card is. All they know is its name.

The card is called... prez

Creston

Haha! awesome. Prez ownz all*.

(*all the games)

24. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 20:03 xXBatmanXx

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 19:41:
A nice little meta interaction that's just time based like TF2 items? Okay, sounds good.

On first look, it seems like there aren't that many cards (Borderlands 2 only has 6 for example). Out of the Beta some of these cards retained value in the 1-2$ range but I think now every card is going to be way saturated. We'll see I suppose.

Prices are already down substantially....after a couple week it will be even lower. I am banking on the % that I get for free for my level.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

23. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 19:50 Esoteric

Closed Betas wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 18:25:
they are starting to lose customers in droves, im one who has left. So to help slow down the exit lane, they try and lock you in to shopping here, with this bs collecting crap.... its pretty sad....

Droves? Really? Wow. Rolleyes

22. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 19:49 eRe4s3r

21. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 19:41 Cyanotetyphas

A nice little meta interaction that's just time based like TF2 items? Okay, sounds good.

On first look, it seems like there aren't that many cards (Borderlands 2 only has 6 for example). Out of the Beta some of these cards retained value in the 1-2$ range but I think now every card is going to be way saturated. We'll see I suppose.

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

20. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 19:40 PropheT

Closed Betas wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 18:25:
they are starting to lose customers in droves, im one who has left. So to help slow down the exit lane, they try and lock you in to shopping here, with this bs collecting crap.... its pretty sad....

Yeah, you can tell just by looking at the sales data that they don't release.

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo