Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3 Island Paradise

EA announces the release of The Sims 3 Island Paradise in North America for Windows and OS X, saying the latest expansion for their lifestyle simulation is available in stores and via Origin. In spite of all the sequels and add-ons, this carries the usual promise of new experiences, as it offers the chance to live on a houseboat, snorkel and scuba dive, and even own a resort:

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Summer is officially here and it’s time to make your escape in the hottest expansion pack to release from The Sims™ Studio. Today, the Maxis™ Label of Electronic Arts Inc., (NASDAQ: EA) announced that The Sims 3 Island Paradise Expansion Pack* for PC/Mac® is now available across retailers in North America and on Origin.com. For the first time ever, players can dive beneath the waves and explore what lies on the ocean floor, build and cruise along on their very own houseboat to discover uncharted islands or create and run a five-star resort experience. With so many innovative features introduced for the first time in The Sims PC gaming franchise, The Sims 3 Island Paradise truly opens up a world of new possibilities for players to discover on land and in sea.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3 Island Paradise Jun 26, 2013, 02:38 Cutter

Heh yeah I'll be Kevin Costner in that terrible sea movie. And nah, only a few of the islands have been decreasing a bit and the rest have actually been increasing in size they're not going anywhere anytime soon unless something drastic happens. And whilst the South Pacific would be my first pick, I'll happily cruise the Caribbean drinking rum instead.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3 Island Paradise Jun 26, 2013, 02:23 jdreyer

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 00:59:
You mean on those islands that will be underwater in 50 years? ^^

Hmm, Hawaii has an elevation of 4200m. If THAT goes underwater, humanity is pretty fucked.

OF course, if Cutter is living on a boat, I guess it doesn't matter how high the sea level rises. He'll just rise along with it.

*makes mental note to buy boat*

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3 Island Paradise Jun 26, 2013, 01:12 SlimRam

No. More. The. Sims. Let's. Stop. Please. God  

I'm bringing Sexy Back

Luckily, I kept the receipt

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3 Island Paradise Jun 26, 2013, 00:59 eRe4s3r

You mean on those islands that will be underwater in 50 years? ^^  

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3 Island Paradise Jun 25, 2013, 23:08 Cutter

A sim like this - not the Sims though - would appeal greatly t me if done right. That's my dream, living on my boat in the South Pacific, or at least the Caribbean.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3 Island Paradise Jun 25, 2013, 23:05 Dev

If they ever put the complete sims 3 package (and I mean EVERYTHING) and sold it for $100, I'd probably get it. But no freaking way am I paying multi hundreds for it.  

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3 Island Paradise Jun 25, 2013, 21:58 jdreyer

My eight word review:

Not as good as Hello Kitty Island Adventures.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo