Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

MechWarrior Online Preorders

Infinite Game Publishing has launched Project Phoenix, a preorder program for MechWarrior Online in advance of the official launch of the MMO mech game later this summer. Here's word:

Starting today, fans can pre-order up to four different Project Phoenix BattleMech packages with prices ranging from $20 USD up to $80 USD for the top-of-the-line ‘Overlord’ package that includes a whopping 12 `Mechs!

Each of these unique Project Phoenix packages will be delivered on October 15th and come fully equipped with:

Unique Project Phoenix BattleMech(s)* featuring:
30% C-Bill Boost
10% Loyalty Point Boost
Exclusive Custom-Designed Exterior
Two Bonus Standard Variant `Mechs
Up to Four Faction Cockpit Medallions
Custom In-Game Title and Forum Badge
Matching Mech Bay slots
Plus more! Full details and FAQ can be found at www.mwomercs.com/phoenix

*Dependent on package.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: MechWarrior Online Preorders Jun 27, 2013, 17:34 RollinThundr

Shataan wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 20:27:
I was a Founder....but got my refund because MWO really was not the Mechwarrior that I was hoping for. Tbh...TitanFall looks to be offering an evolution of Next Gen mech exosuit piloting experience. Altho....I really would prefer a sp campaign as apposed to just mp. I am looking for something really out there. Mwo is already dated.

I'm really not sure what you were expecting from a game that isn't even feature complete at this point. The mechs behave like they should, the game has tactics if you want to use them. I would have loved a single player as much as the next guy but it seems the whole fact that no publisher was willing to fund it is lost on some people.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: MechWarrior Online Preorders Jun 26, 2013, 20:27 Shataan

I was a Founder....but got my refund because MWO really was not the Mechwarrior that I was hoping for. Tbh...TitanFall looks to be offering an evolution of Next Gen mech exosuit piloting experience. Altho....I really would prefer a sp campaign as apposed to just mp. I am looking for something really out there. Mwo is already dated.

11. Re: MechWarrior Online Preorders Jun 26, 2013, 18:43 The Pyro

I'm a founder and I'll probably pick up at least a mid-tier Phoenix package also. The game is still enjoyable to me, though I'll admit I'm playing less frequently these days having experienced most of the available content. I'm eagerly anticipating 12v12 and also CW.

My biggest fear is that once the game is officially "released" the community won't be large enough to support continued development. But without player data (which hasn't been available for months) any underlying trends are impossible to deduce.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit, though, if there had been a mass exodus from the forums. They're too noisy by far, and I hope the devs realize that the vocal minority on the forums are not representative of the player base at large.

10. Re: MechWarrior Online Preorders Jun 26, 2013, 17:07 Keith

How can you tell Founder's have "left in droves"? Do you have the app for that? I am usually skeptical, and my previous posts regarding MWO support that I am not always a fan of the development team's decisions (for example, machine guns should not be killing 'mechs- ever), but overall they have been delivering the goods in the form of content updates and feature additions. Yes, they do have a tendency to try and suck the $$$ out of players, as evidenced by the ridiculous artillery and air-support items, but even then I didn't have to buy them and they didn't diminish my ability to enjoy or be effective in game.  

9. Re: MechWarrior Online Preorders Jun 26, 2013, 14:10 RollinThundr

vrok wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 02:27:
Even founders with a lot of money invested into the game have left in droves. Do not buy anything for this game without extensively trying it first and seeing how the developers react to issues. And not until they actually manage to get community warfare off the ground. It's pretty much a vaporware feature by now, being pushed further and further off, while nickle-and-diming the remaining hopeful but small player base into infinity.

Their word and supposed deadlines have been proven to be false a hundred times over, and they even removed their own main discussion forum in favor of splitting it to 20 sub-forums to mitigate the constant criticism being posted.

Tread carefully. You have been warned.

They have already set a date for community warfare, it'll be in by the end of September. At the same rate they need to make money to continue development. The overlord package for this is actually not a bad deal, 12 variants, 120 days of premium time if you jumped on it right away, and additional items for Cbill and xp boosts.

Considering the changes to jump jets, machine gun damage increases among other things, I'd say they actually do listen to the community quite well even if they do have a habit of going one extreme or the other on changes rather than trying to find a middle ground at times.

Over all having been playing since closed beta I've gotten about a year out of this game and still continue to play it every day and have a blast with the group of guys I drop with. YMMV obviously. But the doom and gloom you're preaching isn't at all accurate.

8. Re: MechWarrior Online Preorders Jun 26, 2013, 07:04 InBlack

edaciousx wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 04:33:
i haven't played since all my free mech bays were filled

Once I found my four ideal mechs and got quite good with them same here. Ill probably get back into it at some point, maybe when they release Clan Tech and Mechs.

I have a nifty blue line!

7. Re: MechWarrior Online Preorders Jun 26, 2013, 04:33 edaciousx

i haven't played since all my free mech bays were filled  

6. Re: MechWarrior Online Preorders Jun 26, 2013, 04:18 InBlack

vrok wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 02:27:
Even founders with a lot of money invested into the game have left in droves. Do not buy anything for this game without extensively trying it first and seeing how the developers react to issues. And not until they actually manage to get community warfare off the ground. It's pretty much a vaporware feature by now, being pushed further and further off, while nickle-and-diming the remaining hopeful but small player base into infinity.

Their word and supposed deadlines have been proven to be false a hundred times over, and they even removed their own main discussion forum in favor of splitting it to 20 sub-forums to mitigate the constant criticism being posted.

To be fair, what is there in the game is pretty good. But yeah, too many promised features are vapourware and will probably remain so for a long time to come. What is cool about this game is that you dont really need any premium to play and enjoy the game the grind is quite mild.

I have a nifty blue line!

5. Re: MechWarrior Online Preorders Jun 26, 2013, 02:27 vrok

This comment was edited on Jun 26, 2013, 03:06.

4. Re: MechWarrior Online Preorders Jun 26, 2013, 00:03 Keith

MWO has made some pretty significant progress the past few months. Although I am a Founder, I am also going to pick up the Phoenix package. The Phoenix package, in fact, seems to be loads better than the Founders pack. As part of the top-end package, you get a premium Battlemaster and a Thunderbolt; two of my favorite original 'mechs. I'm not normally a big PvP fan, but I have really grown to like it in MWO and World of Tanks (WoT).  

3. Re: MechWarrior Online Preorders Jun 25, 2013, 22:08 Flatline

Wow they even manage to f*ck over the founders pack purchasers by giving better swag here.  

2. Re: MechWarrior Online Preorders Jun 25, 2013, 21:23 Darks

Cutter wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 21:07:
Spend money on a game that can - and likely will - get pulled at any time. Shoulda just done a good SP campaign with MP?Co-op instead.

Totally agree dude. Screw this pvp bullshit!

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

1. Re: MechWarrior Online Preorders Jun 25, 2013, 21:07 Cutter

Spend money on a game that can - and likely will - get pulled at any time. Shoulda just done a good SP campaign with MP?Co-op instead.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo