Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep

2K Games announces the release of Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep, the final DLC pack for Borderlands 2, Gearbox Software's role-playing shooter sequel. Here's the launch trailer, a new Inside the Box feature on the DLC's development, and here's word:

Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep features the popular Tiny Tina as she takes on the role of Bunker Master in a game of “Bunkers and Badasses.” Players join the vault hunters on an epic quest of revenge and redemption through dynamic and fantastical settings filled with castles, dungeons and magic forests. Borderlands fans will also fight off more new unique enemy types in Dragon Keep than in all three of the previous add-on campaigns combined, including sorcerers, wizards, orcs, dragons and more.

“The Borderlands franchise has set a high bar for the quality and value of add-on content,” said Christoph Hartmann, President of 2K. “Today, that bar is raised even higher with the release of Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep, the most substantial add-on campaign in the franchise’s history.”

“As Bunker Master, Tiny Tina can change the game scenario however she wishes, making Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep the most dynamic add-on campaign Gearbox Software has ever produced,” said Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox Software. “The Borderlands 2 development team here at our studio really pulled out all the stops to create what we think is the best value in DLC ever offered.”

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep Jun 26, 2013, 03:13 finga

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 20:07:
If only all the DLCs were of this quality. This is definitely the Knoxx of BL2. Why Gearbox insists on outsourcing on previous DLCs is beyond me.
They probably did it in order to pour all of their resources into fulfilling their previous contractual obligations with Sega over Aliens: Colonial Marines. And look how that effort turned out. :/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep Jun 25, 2013, 20:07 Rattlehead

If only all the DLCs were of this quality. This is definitely the Knoxx of BL2. Why Gearbox insists on outsourcing on previous DLCs is beyond me.  

21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep Jun 25, 2013, 17:58 Mad Max RW

I just did a couple hours and first impressions are telling me it's by far the best DLC out of the Season Pass. The new badguys are finally something better than a reskin from the base game and can be challenging for once. Environments have more thought put into them. Instead of big giant open areas with too much hiking, levels are big but slightly more directed which this game needs. All of the new voice acting is well done and plenty of it. They nailed the old school D&D theme.

My only issue (so far) is a minor technical problem they can easily patch. I've seen a handful of NPC's standing frozen hundreds of feet above the ground. There's no way that's intentional. It will be amusing until the same glitch happens with an important quest character.

20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep Jun 25, 2013, 17:57 finga

Gadzooks wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 13:09:
Wish they would just start making Borderlands 3 already. These DLCs are just like appetizers for awesome.
This development style actually fits in well. Designers, musicians, and artists do a relatively small amount of work when a game's being concepted out early, while engine programmers and studio heads deal with the very basic design philosophies of the next game. And while those content creators are waiting for a game's basic tech and designs to really take shape, they can work on DLC for the existing game. Otherwise, you'd see even more stories of layoffs as nearly all developers swell and shrink due to only having one project going at a time. (Of course, for those studios that do swell and shrink anyuway, we hear about the layoffs but the hirings that happen years before don't also make the news, but that's just game industry reporting for you.)

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep Jun 25, 2013, 14:53 Creston

I would expect it to be 30+. It's 50+ on TVHM, where I'm playing it right now.

It's a ton of fun so far, and the art work is incredible. Several laugh out loud moments in the first hour, including Mr Torgue as the gatekeeper, and the level 99 Treants.

Creston

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2013, 15:57.

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep Jun 25, 2013, 14:47 Scud

Anybody know what player level this DLC is set for? I know the Sir Hammerlock DLC was level 30 and up.  

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep Jun 25, 2013, 14:39 Raven

Where is my "Pet Butt Stallion?"  

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep Jun 25, 2013, 13:16 Creston

Seems to have downloaded now. 1.3GB.

ROLL FOR INITIATIVE, SUCKAS!!

Creston

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep Jun 25, 2013, 13:09 Gadzooks

Wish they would just start making Borderlands 3 already. These DLCs are just like appetizers for awesome.

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep Jun 25, 2013, 12:35 Mad Max RW

Restart Steam and the download should start automatically.  

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep Jun 25, 2013, 12:10 ViRGE

Damn, that's a good trailer.  

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep Jun 25, 2013, 11:46 Creston

Darks wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 11:37:
Creston wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 11:02:
Anyone figured out yet how to get this to start downloading on Steam?

Creston

I wont go live until 10 am this morning pacific time Creston.

Thanks man!

Creston

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep Jun 25, 2013, 11:37 Darks

Creston

I wont go live until 10 am this morning pacific time Creston.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep Jun 25, 2013, 11:34 Satoru

nin wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 11:23:
Creston wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 11:12:
Last week's patch was like 30 megs or so. I doubt it's that small... They've got tons of new art in the DLC, so I expect it to be a Gig if not larger.

Creston

I thought I got one for like 200 meg, but even that would be small...could be a partial.

The Torque DLC is already 900MB

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\DLC\Iris

And Captain Scarlett's was 900MB as well

G:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\DLC\Orchid

Given that this DLC is the 'largest EVAH!!!' I'm guessing you're not going to get away with anything less than 1GB

EDIT:

Poking around the DLC appears to be 'slightly' preloaded under the codename Aster

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\DLC\Aster

No real assets but you can see 'hints' of what is to come in the willowdlc.ini

Not really spoilers but I made it secret just in case

+Package=GD_Aster_CriticalFail
+Package=GD_Aster_RaidBoss
+Package=GD_Aster_WinterIsComing
+Package=GD_Aster_RollInsight
+Package=GD_Aster_LootNinja
+Package=GD_Aster_ClaptrapWand
+Package=GD_Aster_TempleTower
+Package=GD_Aster_ClaptrapApprentice
+Package=GD_Aster_PetButtStallion
+Package=GD_Aster_SwordInStone

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2013, 11:41.

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep Jun 25, 2013, 11:26 Creston

It seems Steam is still asleep. Anyway, this launch trailer is literally the best thing ever:

Mr Torgue: "That gun fires... EXPLODING SWORDS! I did not know the true meaning of happiness until THIS VERY MOMENT!"

Also, Ellie's "armor" made me snort water all over my monitor with laughter. "This won't protect me for balls! But I ain't gonna lie, I do look pretty hot!"

C'mon Steam, get shit up and running already! I WANNA PLAY I WANNA PLAY I WANNNNNNNAAA PLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!

Creston

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep Jun 25, 2013, 11:23 nin

Creston wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 11:12:
Last week's patch was like 30 megs or so. I doubt it's that small... They've got tons of new art in the DLC, so I expect it to be a Gig if not larger.

Creston

I thought I got one for like 200 meg, but even that would be small...could be a partial.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep Jun 25, 2013, 11:12 Creston

Creston

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep Jun 25, 2013, 11:09 nin

Creston

I assumed it was in last weeks patch, and just has to be turned on?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep Jun 25, 2013, 11:02 Creston

Creston

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep Jun 25, 2013, 10:53 Creston

nin wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 09:53:
Really looking forward to this! Really liking the humor I've seen in the previews...

Me too. hope it'll be cool

Creston

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo