Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sword of the Stars: The Pit – MindGames Next Week

Kerberos Productions announces the MindGames add-on is coming to Sword of the Stars: The Pit on July 1st, expanding the rogueike-like RPG with new playable characters, new monsters, new levels, new weapons and items, psionic powers, but, in spite of the title, no John Lennon. Here are some new screenshots and here's the feature list:

• 2 New playable characters; the Human Psion and the Tarka Ranger – the first playable alien character!
  • 10 New floors of ancient, evil science add to the challenge!
  • New room types, including wide, multi-level biospheres!
  • New traps, new weapons, new items, and new recipes!
  • New game mechanics, including 28 Psionic Powers!
  • New Psionic enemies to fight, drawn from the Sword of the Stars universe!
  • 2 New Play Modes; “Infinite Mode” as well as “Seriously? Mode”, for those players that find “Insane Mode” isn’t insane enough!
  • Expanded meta-game aspects, including the ability to “bank” XP and spare items from one session and start the next run of the game on a deeper level, using your “banked” equipment.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Sword of the Stars: The Pit – MindGames Next Week Jun 25, 2013, 20:56 Dev

nin wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 08:56:
I did as well, until seeing totalbiscuit playing it a month or two ago...I think the branding kind of hurt them there.
Exactly. I assumed the same the first time I saw the name.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Sword of the Stars: The Pit – MindGames Next Week Jun 25, 2013, 08:56 nin

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 08:43:
Dev wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 00:57:
Slashman wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 00:21:
Dev wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 21:15:
I've enjoyed this game too.

If you just remember that this has NOTHING to do with sword of the stars (they really should have called it something else), then you are good.

All of the creatures and lore in it are from the SoTS universe though. So it's not like it's a bad name. Although I guess I see where you're coming from in that it's not a 4x space strategy game.
My point is more that people who like roguelike games may not want anything to do with 4x space game, and the sword of the stars makes most gamers who know that name think 4x. I think that name does them a disservice.

I actually just assumed this was some expansion for SotS. Never knew it was something else until just now.

I did as well, until seeing totalbiscuit playing it a month or two ago...I think the branding kind of hurt them there.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: Sword of the Stars: The Pit – MindGames Next Week Jun 25, 2013, 08:43 Wowbagger_TIP

Dev wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 00:57:

If you just remember that this has NOTHING to do with sword of the stars (they really should have called it something else), then you are good.

All of the creatures and lore in it are from the SoTS universe though. So it's not like it's a bad name. Although I guess I see where you're coming from in that it's not a 4x space strategy game.
My point is more that people who like roguelike games may not want anything to do with 4x space game, and the sword of the stars makes most gamers who know that name think 4x. I think that name does them a disservice.

I actually just assumed this was some expansion for SotS. Never knew it was something else until just now.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

6. Re: Sword of the Stars: The Pit – MindGames Next Week Jun 25, 2013, 00:57 Dev

Asmo wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 23:40:
Side note, I'm fucking horrible at time organisation and prioritisation...
Sadly, you aren't alone in this. In fact, I think the majority of the population is in this category (I myself have issues with that). Thats probably why there's so many organizer products sold

5. Re: Sword of the Stars: The Pit – MindGames Next Week Jun 25, 2013, 00:21 Slashman

4. Re: Sword of the Stars: The Pit – MindGames Next Week Jun 24, 2013, 23:40 Asmo

Quite enjoyable little game but between Rift:F2P, UnEpic, World of Tanks and replaying ME3, I just don't have the damn time...

Side note, I'm fucking horrible at time organisation and prioritisation...

3. Re: Sword of the Stars: The Pit – MindGames Next Week Jun 24, 2013, 22:48 Kedyn

I'm excited to watch someone else play though this - probably Tornis. I'll probably pick it up too.  

2. Re: Sword of the Stars: The Pit – MindGames Next Week Jun 24, 2013, 21:15 Dev

1. No subject Jun 24, 2013, 21:03 lollollol

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2013, 11:11.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo