Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 25, 2013, 11:40 Beamer

jdreyer wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 04:24:
Creston wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 00:08:
Btw, it can't be said enough times: The Last Of Us is fucking amazing. I finally finished it, and goddamn what an AWESOME ending. I was literally sitting there going "oh good... wait... NO WAY?!"

One of the best introductions/prologues in games in a long time, a seriously great story, good gameplay, a wonderful ending, and it took me just a hair under 20 hours (It's a HUGE game.)

If you have a PS3, buy it.

Creston

Hope it comes to PC...

Well, considering it's a Naughty Dog game, it won't. It's made for the PS3 exclusively.

And we need to stop bagging on Bob. Bob gave us Half Life. It was one of Gabe Newell's biggest failures and, from what I recall, part of what made him decide to leave MS and start his own company.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 25, 2013, 08:52 nin

Btw, it can't be said enough times: The Last Of Us is fucking amazing. I finally finished it, and goddamn what an AWESOME ending. I was literally sitting there going "oh good... wait... NO WAY?!"

One of the best introductions/prologues in games in a long time, a seriously great story, good gameplay, a wonderful ending, and it took me just a hair under 20 hours (It's a HUGE game.)

Creston

I'm seriously considering a PS3 for backwards compatibility...real close to pulling the trigger.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 25, 2013, 04:24 jdreyer

Creston

Hope it comes to PC...

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 25, 2013, 00:08 Creston

Creston

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 24, 2013, 19:59 killer_roach

Verno wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 10:34:
I finally saw an Ouya the other day, wow what a disappointment that thing is. The controller felt like a cheap toy that would break at the slightest mishap, the game selection was paltry and mostly trash that wouldn't even warrant a steam greenlight and the XBMC port crashed a bunch of times while it was being demonstrated. Ugh.

Saw a couple of pallets of them come in to work today... at the end of the day, well... they're still pretty much all there.

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 24, 2013, 19:25 Redmask

The Zune arrived three years too late to market and had a stupid name. By the time it came out people were already starting to listen to mp3s on their phones then the iPhone came out and made it totally redundant. Microsoft looked absolutely incompetent for not anticipating it despite having 10+ years of lead time and several failed efforts in PDAs, mobile operating systems and smartphones. Like most things Microsoft that aren't Windows or Office, they were playing catch up and ended up with a tiny piece of the market not worth mentioning. Looks like they're doing their best to ruin their only real consumer success (Xbox).  

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 24, 2013, 19:23 NegaDeath

I got to play with one for awhile, the Zune was indeed pretty awesome. It came out WAY too late though and Microsofts weak marketing couldn't dent the Apple juggernaut.  

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 24, 2013, 18:48 Saboth

I haven't owned a Zune, but of the few people that I knew of that did, they were universal in their praise.  

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 24, 2013, 18:09 KezClone

Forgetting the lessons of MS Bob and the Zune. No wait...

Sorry, Blue, but anyone who ever actually used a Zune wouldn't rip on the device or software. (especially the Zune HD) Awesome hardware.

Now, ripping on MS marketing...that's legit.

(still use my Zune every day)
(own two original Zunes, two Zune Flash and one Zune HD)

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 24, 2013, 17:18 ViRGE

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 14:03:
I kept getting this and that other PS3 game Ellen actually worked on crossed...up until it was released, I thought The Last Of Us was the Ellen Page game...

Okay, good, so it wasn't just me that kept thinking that. I didn't realize that wasn't her game, and that Beyond Two Souls was.

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 24, 2013, 14:42 jdreyer

Forgetting the lessons of MS Bob and the Zune. No wait...

Yeah, the parallels btw W8 and XB1 are striking.

I guess MS feels it need to "innovate" and "differentiate" but keeps stabbing customers in the toe when it does so.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 24, 2013, 14:03 nin

DangerDog wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 13:33:
Verno wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 10:56:
Everyone looks like someone, I doubt they ripped off her likeness on purpose as Naughty Dog is a pretty reputable studio.

really? because I thought that ellen page even did the voice work for the game, to me it sounded a lot like her and looked just like her too.

I kept getting this and that other PS3 game Ellen actually worked on crossed...up until it was released, I thought The Last Of Us was the Ellen Page game...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 24, 2013, 13:33 DangerDog

Everyone looks like someone, I doubt they ripped off her likeness on purpose as Naughty Dog is a pretty reputable studio.

really? because I thought that ellen page even did the voice work for the game, to me it sounded a lot like her and looked just like her too.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 24, 2013, 13:21 Verno

PropheT wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 13:06:
She looks just like her. She doesn't look anything like the girl that voiced her, either. I can't see how it couldn't be intentional, it's unmistakable.

I don't know, I've seen several women in real life who like Ellen Page, she doesn't have very unique features. They had likely long since started modeling before casting the voice talent and I didn't even notice it until someone else asked. I don't know why people think they would single out Ellen Page of all actresses, her star is fast fading if it didn't already.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 24, 2013, 13:06 PropheT

She looks just like her. She doesn't look anything like the girl that voiced her, either. I can't see how it couldn't be intentional, it's unmistakable.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 24, 2013, 13:06 Necrophob

Maybe they just ripped off the likeness of a young Janeane Garofalo?  

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 24, 2013, 10:56 Verno

4. The Last of Us Jun 24, 2013, 10:50 Creston

Huh, seeing those two pictures is kind of puzzling, because I swear Ellie looks like both. I think there are cutscenes in the game where she still looks like the "before" picture.

But yeah, if they blatantly took Ellen Page's likeness, that's not very cool. I had actually assumed Ellie simply looked like Ashley Johnson (Ellie's voice actress.)

Creston

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 24, 2013, 10:47 Creston

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 10:17:
PS4 pre-order -flood-gates- are open as GameStop gets "unlimited" allocation. To infinity and beyond!

Rather surprisingly, but cool...this fall is going to be awesome...

I don't think it's that surprising. Gamestop becomes the PS4 cheerleader, and in return Sony gets them a massive amount of consoles.

Still not buying there, of course, but I can see why it happened.

Verno wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 10:34:
I have more faith in Sony to continually provide value through first party titles as the system life progresses whereas Microsoft will just Forza/Halo/Gears/DLC every year after the launch period dies down and I'm totally bored of it.

Verno! You forgot one! I'll let Microsoft tell you which one: "Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty."

Creston

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 24, 2013, 10:34 Verno

I finally saw an Ouya the other day, wow what a disappointment that thing is. The controller felt like a cheap toy that would break at the slightest mishap, the game selection was paltry and mostly trash that wouldn't even warrant a steam greenlight and the XBMC port crashed a bunch of times while it was being demonstrated. Ugh.

Expect more PS4 game reveals at Gamescom.

Yeah they said back at E3 that they were purposely holding some titles back for reveals later this year. I have more faith in Sony to continually provide value through first party titles as the system life progresses whereas Microsoft will just Forza/Halo/Gears/DLC every year after the launch period dies down and I'm totally bored of it.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo