Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's list of the ten bestselling games on their Steam service for the past week:

1. Company of Heroes 2
  2. Dead Island: Riptde
  3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  4. Dead Island Game of the Year Edition
  5. Crusader Kings II Collection
  6. Kerbal Space Program
  7. Total War: ROME II
  8. Mark of the Ninja
  9. Planetary Annihilation
  10. Arma III

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 24, 2013, 15:11 sauron

nin wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 16:37:
It is insane how much that game has sold. I wish they'd release numbers

I agree. Would love to see those...

Same here. I just started playing it.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 24, 2013, 14:45 jdreyer

wtf_man wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 09:16:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 02:13:
Creston wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 16:35:
Skyrim! Skyrim! Skyrim! Skyrim!

It is insane how much that game has sold. I wish they'd release numbers. It must be well in the 10+ million copies by now.

Creston

That was the thing that struck me. Crazy.

Would you all rather see the Sims 3 and all the expansions on the top of the list, like they are for retail?

Oh, not complaining. Few games are as worthy.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 24, 2013, 11:02 Creston

jimnms wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 21:50:
Creston wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 19:59:
The quests look the same no matter if they are main or side. The reason it's hard to find is because you just found a note when doing that fetch quest that says to meet someone in the inn at Riverwood. So go there and it should continue.

Creston

Ok, I've done that part too. I think that was one of the last things I did before I took a break.

After that, I believe you need to accompany the Blade lady to Kynesgrove to attack the Dragon that's being awakened by Aldur. So travel to Kynesgrove.

Creston

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 24, 2013, 09:22 InBlack

One day left before Arma III hits beta, last chance to purchase. Im going to get the Alpha and be done with it. I doubt Ill have the time to play it much before release but what the hell, apparently its teh shit.  

I have a nifty blue line!

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 24, 2013, 09:16 wtf_man

jdreyer wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 02:13:

It is insane how much that game has sold. I wish they'd release numbers. It must be well in the 10+ million copies by now.

Creston

Would you all rather see the Sims 3 and all the expansions on the top of the list, like they are for retail?

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 24, 2013, 08:55 Verno

Numinar wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 03:40:
RE: COH2. Solo/co-op vs AI is how I like my ToV. This game seems to lack the "Be beaten back to your home sector, turtle, then fightback tooth and nail over a period of hours" feeling from the first game. Everything dies pretty fast and there does not seem to be such thing as a "defensive" position in terms of a permanent line of AT guns and support like in the first game. The front is always in flux which is it's own kind of fun, but you will lose units just because you are having awesome intense COH syle micro somewhere else.

Still feel this game is best when you control only 3-6 units in the same area. Strange the DOW2 didn't do much for me then.

Have to disagree about the AI, the AI in all of COH games doesn't present much challenge and COH2 isn't much of an improvement in this regard. It still has a manpower bonus and does dumb stuff like back capping with an MG crew who then points itself the wrong way and etc.

It's super disappointing that Relic can't get its act together for decent AI despite a much more limited scope than games like Starcraft 2 that have great AI. COH2 is a lot of fun but it's more fun vs people IMHO

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 24, 2013, 08:48 nin

Jivaro wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 01:52:
I know..the nerve of that Tumbler guy...spending his money on whatever he wants.

Zactly...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 24, 2013, 03:40 Numinar

RE: COH2.

Solo/co-op vs AI is how I like my ToV. This game seems to lack the "Be beaten back to your home sector, turtle, then fightback tooth and nail over a period of hours" feeling from the first game. Everything dies pretty fast and there does not seem to be such thing as a "defensive" position in terms of a permanent line of AT guns and support like in the first game. The front is always in flux which is it's own kind of fun, but you will lose units just because you are having awesome intense COH syle micro somewhere else.

Still feel this game is best when you control only 3-6 units in the same area. Strange the DOW2 didn't do much for me then.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 24, 2013, 02:26 ShakaUVM

Note that the "Crusader Kings II Collection" doesn't actually include all the DLC. Even though Steam says the entire Paradox collection is 50% off right now, The Old Gods DLC for CK2 is not bundled nor discounted.  

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 24, 2013, 02:13 jdreyer

Creston

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 24, 2013, 01:52 Jivaro

I know..the nerve of that Tumbler guy...spending his money on whatever he wants. What a jerk. I mean, who spends their money on things they actually want?

Rolleyes

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 24, 2013, 00:52 Dev

Panickd wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 23:34:
Tumbler wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 23:13:
I'm very happy with how Planetary Annihilation is coming along. I went in on the $100 kickstarter package so at some point I'll see an awesome T-shirt and a bad ass little model of my commander!

Had several kickstarter things happen this week, Star Citizen shipped me my Citizen card, Rear Admiral in Chrome Metal, looks amazing plus my two T-shirts and the board game The Perfect Heist showed up!

You appear to be someone who has too much money. With that in mind there is a bridge I'd like to talk to you about buying. Or perhaps you'd be more interested in our beach front property in Arizona.
Or come up with a kickstarter and get a bunch of people's money
I suggest delivering an actual product though, not just taking the money and running like that one recent fraudster tried to do.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 23, 2013, 23:34 Panickd

Tumbler wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 23:13:
I'm very happy with how Planetary Annihilation is coming along. I went in on the $100 kickstarter package so at some point I'll see an awesome T-shirt and a bad ass little model of my commander!

Had several kickstarter things happen this week, Star Citizen shipped me my Citizen card, Rear Admiral in Chrome Metal, looks amazing plus my two T-shirts and the board game The Perfect Heist showed up!

You appear to be someone who has too much money. With that in mind there is a bridge I'd like to talk to you about buying. Or perhaps you'd be more interested in our beach front property in Arizona.

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 23, 2013, 23:13 Tumbler

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 23, 2013, 22:06 Paranoid Jack

Anyone here playing the CoH2 beta/demo/whatever?

I just haven't bought it yet because the way they packaged the pre-orders. I'm not sure I like the idea of the Commanders Pass and the two pre-order commander exclusives.

I mostly play solo against AI but sometimes like to play multiplayer. Is the game as good or better than CoH? Any info would be appreciated... while I do a YouTube search for gameplay footage. Thanks.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 23, 2013, 21:50 jimnms

Creston wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 19:59:
The quests look the same no matter if they are main or side. The reason it's hard to find is because you just found a note when doing that fetch quest that says to meet someone in the inn at Riverwood. So go there and it should continue.

Creston

Ok, I've done that part too. I think that was one of the last things I did before I took a break.

MeanJim on Steam

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 23, 2013, 20:59 jacobvandy

Frijoles wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 17:02:
Prez wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 16:47:
I am REALLY looking forward to Planetary Annihilation. Hope it makes it to a more reasonably-priced beta soon.

Thought they said beta was in September. I could be completely wrong though. Also, as awesome as Greenlight is, I can't say I'm really motivated to back a game if it's just going to show up there later. I don't really care about a forum avatar or whatever else they offer. Typically I back more for Kickstarter so I can get a beta copy. There's zero reason to kickstart (for me) if games also release on Greenlight.

Greenlight was made specifically for smaller indie games like those you usually see on Kickstarter. However, they don't usually have betas or alphas through there; they get released via Greenlight once they're finished. You're thinking of Steam Early Access, which is a newer thing introduced after KS made it big.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 23, 2013, 20:11 rist3903

Glad to see Mark of the Ninja on the top ten list. More games like that need to be made.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 23, 2013, 19:59 Creston

jimnms wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 17:43:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 17:17:
Ugh, regular skyrim is back in the top 10, or is that the Legendary version?

That's a good question since you can still buy the regular Skyrim for $30 vs $60 for the "Legendary Edition." I'm hoping the DLC will be on sale this summer, although I still need to finish the base game. I took a break from the game, but haven't gotten back to it yet.

While we're on the subject, might as well ask since I just thought of it. I fired up Skyrim a few weeks ago thinking of get back to it. I updated the mods I was using and added a few new ones, dicked around a bit, but that was it. I was looking in the journal to refresh my memory of where I was. I remember I had finished off some side quests, and decided it was at a good place to take a break. I haven't done much of the main quest, which I had planed to do when I returned from my break. I thought the main quests showed up in bold or somehow looked different than other quests in the journal, but they all look the same to me. Am I missing something or was I imagining things?

As far as the main quest, I think I only did about 3 parts of it past the first dragon killing. I went up the mountain to the old farts, did their fetch quest, and I think that was it. After that I just went off exploring and doing side quests.

Creston

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 23, 2013, 18:57 Rattlehead

Does anyone know if the Summer sale is this week or next week?  

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo