Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: On Sale Jun 24, 2013, 03:06 Cutter

Tumbler wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 19:03:
I jumped on that DCS sale! P51,huey,black shark 2 and combined arms. I think my a10 steam version send in with DCS world. I love playing around in the click able cockpits!

Haha! Do you sit in the cockpits just clicking on stuff? Lol!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: On Sale Jun 23, 2013, 19:48 Tom

Yeah I grabbed the Huey and CA too, spent some time this weekend learning how to fly that thing. Fun stuff! The damage model is spectacular. Tossed a few miniguns and rocket pods on that sucker and went 1-on-1 with a friend on voice who was also flying a Huey. I was surprised to find that there's a flexible sight that gives you a targeting reticle you can freely move around. So you can actually change where the miniguns are pointing using a hat switch.

It sure is a different experience compared to flying the A-10C or P-51D. Nice to try something new and fly around so low to the ground, taking in the lovely sites of... Georgia.

Next up: canyon chase.

3. Re: On Sale Jun 23, 2013, 19:03 Tumbler

I jumped on that DCS sale! P51,huey,black shark 2 and combined arms. I think my a10 steam version send in with DCS world. I love playing around in the click able cockpits!  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

2. Re: On Sale Jun 23, 2013, 17:43 Dev

Cutter wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 17:18:
Anyone ever play Pharaoh + Cleopatra or Children of the Nile? Were they good?
I enjoyed the children of the nile games.

Keep in mind they are older games now. It was a different take on a sim city kinda game, with some settlers style materials/people management built in. Some missions your goal was to build a monument (its Egyptian pharaohs after all) so there was trading quarrying and stuff to get the materials needed to build it. Often one had to build up an economy to get certain kinds of materials (again think settlers). So like for bricks, you'd need something like clay and straw. There was also a rudimentary combat kinda thing tacked on (usually for if some county was wanting to raid you and you needed to defend yourself), although I personally preferred the building missions.

I recommend skipping around these two videos (no need to watch the whole thing to get a taste for what the game is about):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFRTLcNkr_o
Shows what you start off like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCP-09XJEjo
Shows a fully established city building one of the great monuments in one of the later missions.

If the videos interest you and you like city management kinda games (sim city, anno 2070, settlers), then you'll likely enjoy this. If you are turned off by older graphics or city building games, then you probably won't like it.

1. Re: On Sale Jun 23, 2013, 17:18 Cutter

Anyone ever play Pharaoh + Cleopatra or Children of the Nile? Were they good?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo