Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Metaverse

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 24, 2013, 00:02 eRe4s3r

It's more interesting that Escapist uses an exploit class javascript clipboard injector when you copy a part of the article (say, to quote it).

Disabling javascript on the site fixes that "problem" and by pure random chance I learned that 1) Chrome suddenly allows clipboard manipulation... wtf? 2) Only way to really prevent it, is a FULL javascript block and 3) the Escapist uses tracking in that "added link"

It was news to me Chrome allows this "feature" without any feedback now.

Anyhow, quick-javascript-switcher allows you to get a nifty icon where you can disable and enable javascript with a single click (per tab)

Does anyone here know how to specifically forbid Chrome from giving clipboard access to Javascript?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 23, 2013, 20:36 wtf_man

Just another example current society typically not taking responsibility... something is always someone else's fault. Rolleyes  

5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 23, 2013, 17:28 NeOCidE

Creston wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 16:37:
What a fucking toolbag Orth is. "Waaah, I was a dumb fucking moron, and the Internet told me so, and I lost my job. It's all so toxic! It used to be you could call people fucking asshats for not having internet and nobody would care! Waaah!"

Fuck you, Adam Orth. Enjoy your 5 minutes of fucking fame. Cuntrag.

Creston

Creston.....I laughed so hard at your comment it gave me jaw ache

Trent Reznor - Atticus Ross an incredible team.

4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 23, 2013, 17:11 Cutter

Lulz, guy didn't know when to shut up and stop being an arrogant prick and it's teh internetz fault. Yeah, ok. And now after being shitcanned - and of course he was, resigned my ass - he must feel like a the biggest fucking fool in the world given MS' 180 on this. What an idiot!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 23, 2013, 16:43 Julio

There are plenty of Adam Orth types at Microsoft, that's why the Xbox One will spy on you. Surprised his topic isn't "Don't be an idiot like I was"  

2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 23, 2013, 16:37 Creston

What a fucking toolbag Orth is. "Waaah, I was a dumb fucking moron, and the Internet told me so, and I lost my job. It's all so toxic! It used to be you could call people fucking asshats for not having internet and nobody would care! Waaah!"

Fuck you, Adam Orth. Enjoy your 5 minutes of fucking fame. Cuntrag.

Creston

1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 23, 2013, 15:04 nin

Orth will give a talk titled "Mob Rules: The Destructive Power of Opinion and Online Community." "Yes, I am an asshat. Also, is anyone hiring?"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo