Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Legal Briefs

View
51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 09:08 Prez

Anyhow, in the end, the terrorists won.

Yep - just not in the way they intended.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 09:08 Mad Max RW

It sucks ass but if they didn't charge him it would be seen as a signal to other people in the NSA, FBI, CIA, Secret Service, every branch of the military, and any other classified government job they can leak whatever they want and not face any consequences.

Basically vote for Rand Paul in 2016. Anybody who voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012 got what they deserved.

9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 08:03 eRe4s3r

But if you think the US is going off course you haven't seen the lapdop of the US, the UK Google "Tempora UK" , this way the NSA can spy on US citizens (And anyone else obviously) without any legal problem. UK gathers all data on the receiving end, sends it to the NSA who then can reconstruct the entire traffic without ever "legally" touching an US citizens data. Basically, they pwn the American population entirely without them caring or noticing.

And then you have gems like Obama's Insider Threat Program which is essentially a STASI like system. Except it didn't even require a violent uprising. It just crept in. And if 60% of Americans are agreeing with it.. then welcome to the Facist Regime of the US. Only 1 more step and you will see mass targeting of dissenters in government and all government attached contractors. You will see political profiling of the population, and you will see neighbors giving "info" to the government for rewards. The STASI couldn't have done it any better. It will come a time when you look at Germany and ask yourself "How did we get rid of this" and it only took the collapse of a superpower to do it for us (The USSR).

The war on the population is going strong. Governments fear NOTHING more than their own citizens. And for good reason.

Anyhow, in the end, the terrorists won.

8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 05:48 Lord Tea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RQvKQGzcoc

ROFL!

UPSA = United Police States of America

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 03:48 xXBatmanXx

United States charges Snowden with espionage, asks Hong Kong to arrest him.
This whole thing makes me ill. Makes me ashamed to be an American....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 02:09 Cutter

Frags4Fun wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 23:38:
What bothers me is that the average American can't see the harm in all this spying and all the other corruption. They have zero critical thinking skills and no ability to envision where all this stuff is heading. They get mad for like a day and then they all repeat what their god, the TV, tells them. They are so easily programmed that it actually amazes me to see it. I guess it's not called television programming for nothing. Of course, it's passed along through all the other forms of communication too. People are terrified of being on the losing team or to be separated from the herd.

We're doomed, Cutter. Doomed. Nineteen Eighty-Four is almost here. Our grand kids will be living in a total police state where there is an army of police in every community and surveillance everywhere.

That's why I chose not to have kids and think people that do are nuts. Sure every generation says 'Oh it's all horrible' until they look back on it with rose colored glasses and then it was all great. Thing is, we've been able to qualify and quantify this stuff for decades now. We know things are getting worse. Environment? Check. Standard of living? Check. Money being hoovered up by the elites as the middle-class slides into poor? Check. Erosion and eradication of civil and human rights? Check. And on and on it goes. The only possible upside is that history also demonstrates when the this shit gets to be to much the people revolt, and that's what we need. However, the sad thing is it still needs to get a hell of a lot worse first before the sheeple get to that point.

Frags, this is for you, me, and all the other people who question....

Tim Minchin - White Wine in the Sun.

Absolute brilliance. Listen to some of his other stuff. The man is a genius.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 00:43 LittleMe

The Feds likely view him as worse than a foreign spy because he didn't try to steal secrets, no.. He exposed and challenged the legitimacy of the entire operation.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 21, 2013, 23:41 Frags4Fun

Double post  

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 21, 2013, 23:38 Frags4Fun

Cutter wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 21:35:
Motherfuckers.

Makes me think of Willard's line in Apocalypse Now...."Shit...charging a man with murder in this place was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."

Obama and all those motherfuckers have already technically committed treason with this bullshit and they want to charge a patriot with espionage? Motherfuckers.

What bothers me is that the average American can't see the harm in all this spying and all the other corruption. They have zero critical thinking skills and no ability to envision where all this stuff is heading. They get mad for like a day and then they all repeat what their god, the TV, tells them. They are so easily programmed that it actually amazes me to see it. I guess it's not called television programming for nothing. Of course, it's passed along through all the other forms of communication too. People are terrified of being on the losing team or to be separated from the herd.

We're doomed, Cutter. Doomed. Nineteen Eighty-Four is almost here. Our grand kids will be living in a total police state where there is an army of police in every community and surveillance everywhere.

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 21, 2013, 21:35 Cutter

Motherfuckers.

Makes me think of Willard's line in Apocalypse Now...."Shit...charging a man with murder in this place was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."

Obama and all those motherfuckers have already technically committed treason with this bullshit and they want to charge a patriot with espionage? Motherfuckers.

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 21, 2013, 21:32 Cutter

Woops, wasn't finished.

51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo