Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Legal Briefs

View
51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

31. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 15:06 Cutter

Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 12:53:
Holy hell, you're a lunatic.

Funny, I thought I had all the idiots around here on ignore. Guess I missed one. Fixed.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 13:00 Verno

Prez wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 12:27:
Wow it's getting ugly in here.

It's a great example of why the country is so divided, you can't even debate meaningfully anymore, people just call each other names with no thought behind the process. This is why I'm glad Blue is keeping the political crap penned up in a few specific topics, things just toxic and it never goes anywhere.

Also who the fuck cares if someone wants to own a Prius? My sister owns a Prius and shes a hardcore Republican. It's a nice car, I've driven it.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

29. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 12:58 Mad Max RW

Redmask wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 12:54:
So I can correctly assume your honeymoon with Obama isn't over yet?

Also you didn't answer the question about the Obama-Biden bumper stickers on your Prius.

Sorry I didn't realize I was dealing with a literal troll who does not know anything about politics, updating the shitlist.

I didn't know your beloved Prius was off limits.

28. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 12:55 Fibrocyte

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 12:03:
You voted for Obama. It's ok. Admitting is the first step in the healing process.

I voted for Obama and am glad I did. He isn't perfect, but he was a hell of a lot better than the alternative choices.

As for Snowden, he should be charged with espionage. What he did was lunacy and NOT the correct way to go about trying to make a difference in this country.

27. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 12:54 Redmask

Also you didn't answer the question about the Obama-Biden bumper stickers on your Prius.

Sorry I didn't realize I was dealing with a literal troll who does not know anything about politics, updating the shitlist.

26. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 12:53 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 02:09:
Frags4Fun wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 23:38:
What bothers me is that the average American can't see the harm in all this spying and all the other corruption. They have zero critical thinking skills and no ability to envision where all this stuff is heading. They get mad for like a day and then they all repeat what their god, the TV, tells them. They are so easily programmed that it actually amazes me to see it. I guess it's not called television programming for nothing. Of course, it's passed along through all the other forms of communication too. People are terrified of being on the losing team or to be separated from the herd.

We're doomed, Cutter. Doomed. Nineteen Eighty-Four is almost here. Our grand kids will be living in a total police state where there is an army of police in every community and surveillance everywhere.

That's why I chose not to have kids and think people that do are nuts. Sure every generation says 'Oh it's all horrible' until they look back on it with rose colored glasses and then it was all great. Thing is, we've been able to qualify and quantify this stuff for decades now. We know things are getting worse. Environment? Check. Standard of living? Check. Money being hoovered up by the elites as the middle-class slides into poor? Check. Erosion and eradication of civil and human rights? Check. And on and on it goes. The only possible upside is that history also demonstrates when the this shit gets to be to much the people revolt, and that's what we need. However, the sad thing is it still needs to get a hell of a lot worse first before the sheeple get to that point.

Frags, this is for you, me, and all the other people who question....

Tim Minchin - White Wine in the Sun.

Absolute brilliance. Listen to some of his other stuff. The man is a genius.

Holy hell, you're a lunatic.

25. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 12:50 Mad Max RW

24. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 12:31 Redmask

Prez wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 12:27:

Be careful or you will be called a liberal

23. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 12:27 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

22. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 12:21 Redmask

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 12:11:
Did you take the Obama-Biden bumper sticker off your car yet, sheep?

It's not my fault you are too dense or simply lack the intelligence to think of contextual issues instead of political affiliations. I don't approve of Rand Paul's blatant PR issue framing, sponsorship of backwards efforts like the Life at Conception Act and other dodgy approaches to government. If you are won over because he filibusters some ridiculously fanciful threat like drone strikes on us citizens well, enjoy. I vote based on substantial issues, not glorified PR like that.

But please by all means, keep bleating liberal at anyone who doesn't like the latest politician to fool you with some simple PR.

21. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 12:11 Mad Max RW

Did you take the Obama-Biden bumper sticker off your car yet, sheep?  

20. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 12:06 Redmask

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 12:03:
You voted for Obama. It's ok. Admitting is the first step in the healing process.

You voted for Obama while watching MSNBC. See, I too can make nonsense statements with no basis in reality.

You silly liberal babby.

19. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 12:03 Mad Max RW

18. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 11:59 Redmask

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 11:55:
You sound exactly like the typical Obama liberal apologist.

I vote based on the issues important to me but I tend to lean more conservative if I had to pick something so that your brain can work out 'WHICH TEAM IS HE ON?!'. I also do not vote irresponsibly because some guy gets a few PR soundbites but has otherwise dodgy beliefs and practices. That's why I did not vote for Obama and why I would not vote for Rand Paul, which is frankly an absurd notion.

17. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 11:55 Mad Max RW

Redmask wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 11:54:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 09:08:
It sucks ass but if they didn't charge him it would be seen as a signal to other people in the NSA, FBI, CIA, Secret Service, every branch of the military, and any other classified government job they can leak whatever they want and not face any consequences.

Basically vote for Rand Paul in 2016. Anybody who voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012 got what they deserved.

Sure, vote for a libertarian nutjob who has more loony tunes stances than all other politicians combined because he made a few PR stunts, yeah that's the way to vote responsibly.

You sound exactly like the typical Obama liberal apologist.

16. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 11:54 Mad Max RW

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 09:40:
It sucks ass but if they didn't charge him it would be seen as a signal to other people in the NSA, FBI, CIA, Secret Service, every branch of the military, and any other classified government job they can leak whatever they want and not face any consequences.

I don't' understand why a whistle blower is now considered an enemy....so frustrating. Didn't' Nixon get caught with his pants down just like Obama is right now?........ Amazes me everyone just gives Obama a pass on all the shit going on right now.

In regards to IRS crap:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/7/a-scandal-worse-than-watergate/

There is a vast difference between Watergate and this scandal. Forty years ago, what was described as a cancer on the presidency and government itself was limited to a president and a close circle of advisers and aides. Today, the cancer has metastasized. It pervades an increasingly intrusive government in its relentless pursuit of political and economic power. There are those who believe that a political party can preside over that process and still not be held accountable. That is why they will insist it is not as bad as Watergate, and that is precisely why they are so wrong.

Our politicians piss on the Constitution from both sides of the isle....

Oh I totally agree. And based on history the Obama administration is turning out to be the most corrupt and oppressive since Wilson or FDR. Not surprisingly the education system in this country is controlled by progressives who cling to revisionist history painting them as heroes when they were really horrible presidents. All we need now is an excuse to open internment camps and make speaking out against the government illegal.

15. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 11:54 Redmask

Basically vote for Rand Paul in 2016. Anybody who voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012 got what they deserved.

Vote for a "libertarian" nutjob who has more loony tunes stances than all other politicians combined because he made a few PR stunts doesn't sound like voting responsibly to me. No matter how bad people think it is right now, we've only scratched the surface if we vote in someone who uses the label "libertarian", a totally defunct and half imagined set of political principles that I would be frankly embarrassed if someone associated with me.

14. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 09:46 Tom

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 09:40:
Amazes me everyone just gives Obama a pass on all the shit going on right now.

Please define 'everyone'.

13. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 09:40 xXBatmanXx

I don't' understand why a whistle blower is now considered an enemy....so frustrating. Didn't' Nixon get caught with his pants down just like Obama is right now?........ Amazes me everyone just gives Obama a pass on all the shit going on right now.

In regards to IRS crap:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/7/a-scandal-worse-than-watergate/

There is a vast difference between Watergate and this scandal. Forty years ago, what was described as a cancer on the presidency and government itself was limited to a president and a close circle of advisers and aides. Today, the cancer has metastasized. It pervades an increasingly intrusive government in its relentless pursuit of political and economic power. There are those who believe that a political party can preside over that process and still not be held accountable. That is why they will insist it is not as bad as Watergate, and that is precisely why they are so wrong.

Our politicians piss on the Constitution from both sides of the isle....

This comment was edited on Jun 22, 2013, 09:45.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 09:09 Julio

I'm surprised the US didn't just ensure Snowden had an 'accident'. Maybe they'd rather give him a ****meat sandwich like Harold & Kumar...  

51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo