Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Legal Briefs

View
51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

51. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2013, 10:25 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 19:02:

Also who the fuck cares if someone wants to own a Prius? My sister owns a Prius and shes a hardcore Republican. It's a nice car, I've driven it.

I imagine to drive like a go cart on rails. Can you be more specific...no one I know will let me drive theirs....probably for good reason. heheheheh

It's actually a smooth little ride and the car gets just amazing mileage. The cabin is a bit noisy on the highway and the pillars are a bit tight but other than it's surprisingly enjoyable for such an underpowered engine unless you're one of those retarded "MY CAR IS MY PENIS!!" people. Given the price of gas these days I'm starting to regret my own car choices for our household.

Anyways the idea that the car you drive dictates your political affiliation is fucking stupid was my point.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

50. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2013, 14:50 Fibrocyte

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 13:53:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 13:43:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 13:29:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 13:16:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 10:23:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 09:35:
Cutter wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 15:07:
“Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official, save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country. In either event, it is unpatriotic not to tell the truth, whether about the president or anyone else.” - Theodore Roosevelt

“The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naive and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.”- H.L. Mencken

Outside of your moronic/distorted view of the world, your first quote doesn't apply to Obama and your second quote doesn't apply to Snowden.

Says the naive fool who is glad he voted for Obama. You have to be completely fucking oblivious to still support this horrible president and be happy that you did.

Obama vs McCain and Obama vs Romney? You have to be completely fucking oblivious to think that either one of those individuals was a better choice. But of course you can't be reasonable about the situation. Instead, because your candidates lost and you are most likely resentful that a black person is leading the nation, you have to spew negative comments about Obama every chance that you get.

You and Cutter both have the typical republican personality and that's really sad.

What you said right there proves you are a racist.

What you said right there proves you can't comprehend what you read.

1. Obama's skin color is one of the few things about him that doesn't bother me. 2. Skin color is ALWAYS the thing liberals like yourself reach for when your back is to a wall. Who is the racist? YOU.

If Romney won the election and all this same shit was going on I'd give him the same shit I gave Bush. I bet you loved criticizing Bush without really knowing why. Where are you now? Deflecting to Mccain and Romney and RACISM to justify your mindless adoration of Obama. Not only are you a racist, but you are a hypocrite.

I'm as white as it gets and I don't mind Obama being in office. Where is the racism here, exactly?

49. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2013, 14:09 Sepharo

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 13:53:
1. Obama's skin color is one of the few things about him that doesn't bother me.

Good.

2. Skin color is ALWAYS the thing liberals like yourself reach for when your back is to a wall. Who is the racist? YOU.

If Romney won the election and all this same shit was going on I'd give him the same shit I gave Bush. I bet you loved criticizing Bush without really knowing why. Where are you now? Deflecting to Mccain and Romney and RACISM to justify your mindless adoration of Obama. Not only are you a racist, but you are a hypocrite.

Derp.

People need to learn to stop with this shit, treat everyone individually. Stop pulling, "This group always acts like this and always does this." It's fucking moronic whoever it's aimed at.

48. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2013, 13:53 Mad Max RW

Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 13:43:
“Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official, save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country. In either event, it is unpatriotic not to tell the truth, whether about the president or anyone else.” - Theodore Roosevelt

“The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naive and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.”- H.L. Mencken

Outside of your moronic/distorted view of the world, your first quote doesn't apply to Obama and your second quote doesn't apply to Snowden.

Says the naive fool who is glad he voted for Obama. You have to be completely fucking oblivious to still support this horrible president and be happy that you did.

Obama vs McCain and Obama vs Romney? You have to be completely fucking oblivious to think that either one of those individuals was a better choice. But of course you can't be reasonable about the situation. Instead, because your candidates lost and you are most likely resentful that a black person is leading the nation, you have to spew negative comments about Obama every chance that you get.

You and Cutter both have the typical republican personality and that's really sad.

1. Obama's skin color is one of the few things about him that doesn't bother me. 2. Skin color is ALWAYS the thing liberals like yourself reach for when your back is to a wall. Who is the racist? YOU.

47. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2013, 13:43 Fibrocyte

46. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2013, 13:29 Mad Max RW

45. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2013, 13:25 Sepharo

Instead, because your candidates lost and you are most likely resentful that a black person is leading the nation, you have to spew negative comments about Obama every chance that you get.

There's no reason to make this jump without some sort of evidence and it's just as bad as claiming people only voted for him based on his race.

44. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2013, 13:16 Fibrocyte

43. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2013, 10:23 Mad Max RW

42. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2013, 09:35 Fibrocyte

41. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2013, 03:48 xXBatmanXx

Sepharo wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 20:47:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 19:01:
As far as Obama, I can't really fault anyone voting for him (unless it was based on his race alone, which is nuts)

I once asked someone if you were a non white, and voted for Obama, only for the reason he is not white, if that was racist....the person called me a racist.

I rest my case, and yes, It probably wouldn't be hard to show that the majority of non whites who voted for him only did so because he was non white. Most definitely those who live in poverty did so. I see it first hand.

If Obama ran the same campaigns with the same rhetoric but was white who do you think "non whites" would vote for?

A lot of them wouldn't have voted.....

I am actually bummed he didn't even try and do what he preached. He has a snake tongue and likes to talk big. I have to admit, he sounds good talking, but there is nothing to back what he says. He is very poorly informed by his staff, has a very hard time talking off the cuff or monitor, and has very little substance to what he says when you break it down. I mostly blame his staff, as he was and is a nobody when it comes to being a leader - they just propped him up nicely. He has zero track record and not a lot of experience. I still believe that anyone of us could have done just as good or better, and probably hired some better staff to better prepare us for the job....

Anyway. I have a lot of the same complaints of other politicians, but since he is the president, he is an easy target.

Still have HOPE that our populous will elect someone that matters....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

40. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 20:47 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 19:01:
As far as Obama, I can't really fault anyone voting for him (unless it was based on his race alone, which is nuts)

I once asked someone if you were a non white, and voted for Obama, only for the reason he is not white, if that was racist....the person called me a racist.

I rest my case, and yes, It probably wouldn't be hard to show that the majority of non whites who voted for him only did so because he was non white. Most definitely those who live in poverty did so. I see it first hand.

If Obama ran the same campaigns with the same rhetoric but was white who do you think "non whites" would vote for?

39. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 19:02 xXBatmanXx

Also who the fuck cares if someone wants to own a Prius? My sister owns a Prius and shes a hardcore Republican. It's a nice car, I've driven it.

I imagine to drive like a go cart on rails. Can you be more specific...no one I know will let me drive theirs....probably for good reason. heheheheh

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

38. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 19:01 xXBatmanXx

37. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 18:59 xXBatmanXx

Or is this simply the perspective everyone gains as they get older?

Define everyone.....

36. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 18:56 xXBatmanXx

Tom wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 09:46:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 09:40:
Amazes me everyone just gives Obama a pass on all the shit going on right now.

Please define 'everyone'.

The majority, the media, and sheep.

35. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 17:40 Beamer

Prez wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 15:28:
I don't think revealing the breadth of the Fed's spying on its own citizens was treason, even though it was obviously in violation of the signed oath he took to keep these secrets secret. Now revealing the details about the U.S.'s program of spying on China, that is questionable.

As far as Obama, I can't really fault anyone voting for him (unless it was based on his race alone, which is nuts), since Romney was an unlikeable elitist. I voted for Romney myself, but it was painful. I considered voting for Obama, couldn't bring myself to do it, then settled on abstaining altogether. It wasn't until my wife guilted me into it (all that crap about civic duty and the like) that I ended up going and voting for the schmuck. In the end I was almost glad he didn't win. With the bad choices American's are faced with time and time again at election time, I find it hard to blame anyone for their choice, even if it voting for extremist loons like Pat Buchanan, Rand Paul, or Ralph Nader. We are in a desparate situation as a voting populace and have been for quite some time now. Unless things change drastically I won't be voting in any more presidential elections. I'm through being a part of this hopelessly broken system.

Wonder if, and when, change will come.
I'm certainly not holding my breath. Every 4 years we get a cycle of annoyance, at best.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

34. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 15:56 Tom

Voting in this country only gives the illusion of any sort of control over or participation in the system. One need not be a conspiracy nut or extremist to realize this by now. Only one who observes, reasons, and holds accountable.

There is no good candidate, no change, no hope, no chance to turn things around. Only the gradual waning of a once great country's day in the sun. Another country sunk by the ever more brazen corruption of its bureaucrats and elected officials.

Or is this simply the perspective everyone gains as they get older?

33. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 15:28 Prez

I don't think revealing the breadth of the Fed's spying on its own citizens was treason, even though it was obviously in violation of the signed oath he took to keep these secrets secret. Now revealing the details about the U.S.'s program of spying on China, that is questionable.

As far as Obama, I can't really fault anyone voting for him (unless it was based on his race alone, which is nuts), since Romney was an unlikeable elitist. I voted for Romney myself, but it was painful. I considered voting for Obama, couldn't bring myself to do it, then settled on abstaining altogether. It wasn't until my wife guilted me into it (all that crap about civic duty and the like) that I ended up going and voting for the schmuck. In the end I was almost glad he didn't win. With the bad choices American's are faced with time and time again at election time, I find it hard to blame anyone for their choice, even if it voting for extremist loons like Pat Buchanan, Rand Paul, or Ralph Nader. We are in a desparate situation as a voting populace and have been for quite some time now. Unless things change drastically I won't be voting in any more presidential elections. I'm through being a part of this hopelessly broken system.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

32. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 15:07 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo