Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: etc., etc. Jun 22, 2013, 15:36 Prez

Cutter wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 15:14:
Prez wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 09:10:
Cutter wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 21:40:
Best dad ever.

I'd rent out Texas Stadium so we could game on the jumbotron if I had the money. Rich dads always make better fathers!

Nah, look at this we're talking about $300 hardly breaking the bank. It just takes being somewhat thoughtful. For me I had cool memories with my pop when he bought me a dirt bike, took me to Disney and stuff like that, but the best ones were small spur of the moment things. Stuff like waking me up on a Saturday morning all excited yelling to get dressed because we're going go-karting and then to our favourite hamburger joint afterward for shakes, burgers and onion rings! Hanging out with pops having fun for a day, good times.

True dat - I was just being facetious. Sounds like your old man was cool as hell.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: etc., etc. Jun 22, 2013, 15:14 Cutter

Prez wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 09:10:
Best dad ever.

I'd rent out Texas Stadium so we could game on the jumbotron if I had the money. Rich dads always make better fathers!

Nah, look at this we're talking about $300 hardly breaking the bank. It just takes being somewhat thoughtful. For me I had cool memories with my pop when he bought me a dirt bike, took me to Disney and stuff like that, but the best ones were small spur of the moment things. Stuff like waking me up on a Saturday morning all excited yelling to get dressed because we're going go-karting and then to our favourite hamburger joint afterward for shakes, burgers and onion rings! Hanging out with pops having fun for a day, good times.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

10. Re: etc., etc. Jun 22, 2013, 14:41 Sepharo

There's a cinema around here that converted one of its theaters into a gaming room. Took out like 2/3rds of the seats and set up tables and connections. You can rent it out and the gamers get discounted concessions and movie tickets. I'd be all over that if I was a teenager, hell I'm still down for a LAN party and some movies.  

9. Re: etc., etc. Jun 22, 2013, 11:17 J

In other news, that's pretty damn good Eliza  

8. Re: etc., etc. Jun 22, 2013, 09:10 Prez

Best dad ever.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: etc., etc. Jun 22, 2013, 01:59 NeOCidE

LOL.....love the fact that his dad allowed his 13 year old son to play an 18 rated Dead space 2......good dad!

Trent Reznor - Atticus Ross an incredible team.

6. Re: etc., etc. Jun 21, 2013, 23:59 jimnms

They must not have played each game for very long. The article didn't say exactly how many games they played, but it listed 8 specific titles.  

MeanJim on Steam

5. Re: etc., etc. Jun 21, 2013, 23:26 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 22:48:
Get a $800 projector and do it every day of your life, smartest dad ever.

Not the same thing. Dad took me and my cuz to Disney World for the U.S. Bicentennial. That rocked way more than watching Disney films at home.

SlimRam wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 22:34:
All I got from my Dad on my 13th birthday was a Pabst Blue Ribbon...

That's pretty awesome in it's own right!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

4. Re: etc., etc. Jun 21, 2013, 22:48 HorrorScope

Get a $800 projector and do it every day of your life, smartest dad ever.  

3. Re: etc., etc. Jun 21, 2013, 22:34 SlimRam

All I got from my Dad on my 13th birthday was a Pabst Blue Ribbon...  

I saw a hearse driving in the carpool lane the other day and I thought to myself, "That's cheating"

2. Re: etc., etc. Jun 21, 2013, 21:40 Cutter

Best dad ever.

1. Re: etc., etc. Jun 21, 2013, 20:27 jdreyer

Dad Rents Out Movie Theater So His Son Can Play Video Games.

Now THAT'S a BD present!

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo