Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Arma 3 Beta Next Week

The Arma 3 website announces Bohemia Interactive's military shooter will transition next week from the alpha phase into beta testing. This means there is only a limited time to get in on the lower price of the alpha:

Today Bohemia Interactive confirmed the 25th of June as the official release date for the Arma 3 Beta. Building upon the well-received Arma 3 Alpha, the Arma 3 Beta features a varied selection of brand new content – including 10 vehicles, 7 weapons, 4 showcase missions (Combined Arms, Supports, Commanding & Night), 2 multiplayer scenarios and 4 challenges.

Set against the beautiful backdrop of Stratis (20 km˛), the Arma 3 Beta turns its focus towards firepower and logistics. The Challenges game mode will also be making its first appearance, enabling players to practice their weapons handling and movement across a selection of firing drills. Plus, all of the content from the Arma 3 Alpha will be available, alongside the popular scenario editor and modding support.

“Having just showed off the Beta for Arma 3 at E3 2013, we are keen to get it into gamers' hands quickly. Bringing some heavy firepower and additional transport options will allow for more diverse scenarios in both singleplayer and multiplayer. We also can't wait to open up the Steam Workshop scenario publication, which will make content-sharing with other players much more convenient.“ Joris-Jan van ‘t Land, Project Lead on Arma 3 People who are currently participating in the Arma 3 Alpha will gain access to the Arma 3 Beta through an automatic Steam update. Those who are new to Arma 3 can join in by purchasing the Arma 3 Beta (which includes a version of the full game) from Steam or Store.bistudio.com.

The price of the Arma 3 Beta, in comparison to the Arma 3 Alpha, will be increased. The regular Arma 3 Beta will be available for 34.99 EUR/29.99 GBP/44.99 USD (current price: 24.99 EUR/19.99 GBP/32.99 USD), while the Arma 3 Digital Deluxe Edition will be sold for 44.99 EUR/39.99 GBP/59.99 USD (current price: 39.99 EUR/34.99 GBP/49.99 USD). Please note that the current (heavily discounted) Alpha deal, which includes Beta-access and the full game, will still be available until Tuesday June 25th.

Those who would like to sponsor development further have the option to purchase the Arma 3 Supporter Edition (69.99 EUR/59.99 GBP/91.99 USD) from Store.bistudio.com. The Arma 3 Alpha Lite, a free but limited variant of the Arma 3 Alpha, will be discontinued after June 25th.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Arma 3 Beta Next Week Jun 22, 2013, 07:54 Muscular Beaver

More importantly is the turning speed. It plays like a generic "twitch"-shooter right now without any body/equipment mass or weapon weight.  

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Arma 3 Beta Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 19:35 Dmitri_M

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 19:26:
What about physics? In Arma 2 the vehicle physics were total crap...
Physx is now partly incorporated into the engine. Vehicle physics are largely the same though but things seem a little more natural. Ragdoll physics are finally in an ArmA title, less canned deaths. On the whole the physics are improved.

16. Re: Arma 3 Beta Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 19:33 Wildone

Well its not sim quality by any means but its better, and its still WIP  

15. Re: Arma 3 Beta Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 19:26 eRe4s3r

What about physics? In Arma 2 the vehicle physics were total crap...  

14. Re: Arma 3 Beta Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 18:12 LittleMe

Sir Graves wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 16:38:
I'm currently upgrading my aging rig solely for this game, just based on my time with the Alpha since March. First title that's pushed me to truly want to upgrade in years. It's that good (if you dig this sort of thing anyway).

THIS was an important part of what PC gaming used to be about: Upgrading our PC's to play the best games. Wolf3d, Doom, Quake then BF1942, BF2... etc.. It's sort of like an RPG quest. Go get the money, buy the PC, build it, install game, profit.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

13. Re: Arma 3 Beta Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 17:39 StaTik

Playing the beta.  

12. Re: Arma 3 Beta Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 16:38 Sir Graves

The Alpha is AMAZING and leeeagues better than Arma 2 in just about every single way! And it's still got a ways to go to even being finished/fully revealed, too (the full game and all its features).

I'm currently upgrading my aging rig solely for this game, just based on my time with the Alpha since March. First title that's pushed me to truly want to upgrade in years. It's that good (if you dig this sort of thing anyway).

11. Re: Arma 3 Beta Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 16:26 inveigle88

Raptor wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 13:04:
For those who are used to 99% of the other games in the market - don't wait for a DLC to add 1 gun and 1 MP map for you, go to Armaholic and pick anything from the (currently) 424 scenarios available or create your own.
That's what games should be like ffs!
Also it's a fantastic game which helps.

Could not have stated it better, +1

10. Re: Arma 3 Beta Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 15:49 Parias

Strango wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 11:23:
InBlack wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 10:28:
Well that was pretty quick....Damn I better get the alpha soon. Hopefully its not a shameless money grab and there is substance to the actual game (once its released) because as far as I can see there are only showcase missions. Will there actually be a story campaign in the release version???

There is a single player campaign in the works, but it won't be put out until the full release.

"During the singleplayer campaign, the player will take the role of a British Special Forces soldier, Captain Scott Miller. Initially, the player must survive on their own after friendly forces are defeated in a failed NATO operation. During the campaign, the player will face everything from lone wolf infiltration missions to the commanding of large scale armored operations. The player will be able to choose different objectives and weaponry (such as UAVs, artillery, and air support) according to their play style."

Will this campaign have co-op play like Arma 2's? That was what made it the most enjoyable.

9. Re: Arma 3 Beta Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 15:30 Cutter

StaTik wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 14:57:
Cutter wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 11:01:
I only ran through it once quickly to give it a lookie-loo. The scuba stuff was cool! Felt just like Scuba Steve in G.I. Joe because he knows things and what is knowing things?

HALF THE BATTLE!

You win!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

8. Re: Arma 3 Beta Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 15:00 StaTik

I think I'm downloading the beta build now. Got a 1.2g patch incoming, I'll keep you posted.  

7. Re: Arma 3 Beta Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 14:59 StaTik

Double post, things are upside down today.  

6. Re: Arma 3 Beta Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 14:57 StaTik

Cutter wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 11:01:
I only ran through it once quickly to give it a lookie-loo. The scuba stuff was cool! Felt just like Scuba Steve in G.I. Joe because he knows things and what is knowing things?

HALF THE BATTLE!

5. Re: Arma 3 Beta Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 13:04 Raptor

Yay, BETA!
No new island yet though I see
For those who are used to 99% of the other games in the market - don't wait for a DLC to add 1 gun and 1 MP map for you, go to Armaholic and pick anything from the (currently) 424 scenarios available or create your own.
That's what games should be like ffs!
Also it's a fantastic game which helps.

4. Re: Arma 3 Beta Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 11:48 JaguarUSF

as far as I can see there are only showcase missions.

You can play any mission created in the editor or downloaded in both single player and multiplayer modes, and most of the missions from Arma 2 already work with minimal effort.

3. Re: Arma 3 Beta Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 11:23 Strango

Well that was pretty quick....Damn I better get the alpha soon. Hopefully its not a shameless money grab and there is substance to the actual game (once its released) because as far as I can see there are only showcase missions. Will there actually be a story campaign in the release version???

There is a single player campaign in the works, but it won't be put out until the full release.

"During the singleplayer campaign, the player will take the role of a British Special Forces soldier, Captain Scott Miller. Initially, the player must survive on their own after friendly forces are defeated in a failed NATO operation. During the campaign, the player will face everything from lone wolf infiltration missions to the commanding of large scale armored operations. The player will be able to choose different objectives and weaponry (such as UAVs, artillery, and air support) according to their play style."

2. Re: Arma 3 Beta Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 11:01 Cutter

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

1. Re: Arma 3 Beta Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 10:28 InBlack

Between this and DCS Im going to go diving head first into simulation mode...

I have a nifty blue line!

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo