Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Sky Pirates of Tyria Content Next Week

ArenaNet announces plans to patch Guild Wars 2 next week with a new content update called Sky Pirates of Tyria for the MMORPG sequel. This is scheduled for June 25th, and this page has details on what the new version will offer and a schedule of related in-game events. There are more details in this announcement we received directly:

ArenaNet today announced the latest Guild Wars® 2 content update, Sky Pirates of Tyria, which will is scheduled to go live on June 25. The update brings players a robust update to the ongoing Living World saga, along with a new dungeon to explore, new events, rewards and features, not to mention the announcement that Custom Arenas and Spectator Mode is coming out of beta.

In regards to the Living Story content, Lion’s Arch is in chaos following a murder at the Dragon Bash. Inspector Ellen Kiel is spearheading the investigation and is gathering teams of deputies to capture the perpetrator. Players will need to sharpen their weapons and skills to track down the slippery culprit responsible for the crime. Players will join together and partake in multiple events that will lead them through thrilling content and discoveries as part of this update.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sky Pirates of Tyria Content Next Week Jun 22, 2013, 13:48 Fion

Teddy wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 23:05:
Love the game and the little addons they keep tossing in. The only thing that irks me is that the story dungeons for these events are only open for a short time.

There really should be some way to access them again after the event is finished, like connecting it to the fractals or something.

That's not a bad idea. Some of the temporary content has been awesome, like the Frost & Flame dungeon, really enjoyable. It'd be sweet if they connected it to Fractals. Items and recipes only available there like jeweler Azurite Orbs & accessories are so hard to find, if that dungeon was added as a Fractal it wouldn't be such a pain.

I personally I'm a fan of the temporary content system they are using because it means I can get unique equipment pieces that are only available for a short time, which makes my character feel more unique in a game without traditional gear advancement. The RNG can be a pain as well. I've personally been lucky, I spent about $10 and opened about 100 green dragon chests and gotten 2 dragon skin tickets & two Risen Knight Minis, but I have friends who've done far more and got nothing out of it (yet). But I'd most def like to see some of the better dungeons find their way into Fractals.

This comment was edited on Jun 22, 2013, 13:57.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sky Pirates of Tyria Content Next Week Jun 22, 2013, 02:51 NKD

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 16:05:
Cutter wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 15:34:
I was going to say I haven't played in forever I'll have to check it out soon as I clear up the other dozen games on my desktop I've sworn to finish before doing anything else.

That being said, I'm *really* curious to what Everquest Next is all about.

Me too. I beta'd the original EQ many moons ago, and then I was into EQII for all of 4 months before the ridiculous time-gated quests pissed me off enough to drive me away. I wonder if they learned anything, or if EQ NExt is going to feature the same BS.

EQN is reportedly some kind of big sandbox game, rather than another game like EQ1 and EQ2.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

6. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sky Pirates of Tyria Content Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 23:05 Teddy

Wash Washburne wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 14:13:
Keep'em coming ArneaNet, brilliant work fellas!

Love the game and the little addons they keep tossing in. The only thing that irks me is that the story dungeons for these events are only open for a short time.

There really should be some way to access them again after the event is finished, like connecting it to the fractals or something.

5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sky Pirates of Tyria Content Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 17:38 HorrorScope

Oh you got trapped by the MMORPG hype I see...

4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sky Pirates of Tyria Content Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 16:05 Agent.X7

I was going to say I haven't played in forever I'll have to check it out soon as I clear up the other dozen games on my desktop I've sworn to finish before doing anything else.

Me too. I beta'd the original EQ many moons ago, and then I was into EQII for all of 4 months before the ridiculous time-gated quests pissed me off enough to drive me away. I wonder if they learned anything, or if EQ NExt is going to feature the same BS.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sky Pirates of Tyria Content Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 15:34 Cutter

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sky Pirates of Tyria Content Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 14:44 Marvin T. Martian

I spend way too much time playing this game. Just finished the dragon bash and new content already.
If anyone is on Eredon Terrace, I would appreciate being taught about the dungeons. I have a guardian and ranger lvl 80, exotic and ascended gear. And I have yet to do any dungeons.

1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sky Pirates of Tyria Content Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 14:13 Wash Washburne

Keep'em coming ArneaNet, brilliant work fellas!  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo