Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Free Aliens: Colonial Marines

Aliens: Colonial Marines was not very well received, but Newegg offers the chance to judge for yourself gratis, as they offer the first-person shooter from publisher SEGA (no one accepts full development credit) for 60% off at $19.99, a deal which stacks with a $15.00 mail-in rebate (Adobe Acrobat format) and a $4.99 off coupon code from Dealzon which includes free shipping for a final cost of $0.00. We're not sure if the game can be purchased in other territories, but please be aware the rebate form says it is only valid in the United States.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

15. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 14:12 Tumbler

Meh, seems like a lot of work to get a copy of Aliens: CM...  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 14:12 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 13:34:
Beelzebud wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 12:55:
Given the scam-like nature of mail-in rebates, and the fact that I've only ever gotten back about half of the ones I sent off for, I'll pass.

I don't know where you're getting or sending your rebates, but I've never had a problem with the many I've used with Newegg over the years. Still kind of a pain, though, I don't know why they can't do that sort of thing digitally. All you're doing is filling out your personal info and sending a copy of the receipt, which is just a print-out of an email... It'd be nice if Newegg could work out a system to take care of all that for you and give you the discount up front. Hell, just make it an optional $2 charge like rush processing, I'd pay that.

That negates the point of the rebate. They make it annoying to complete, because that way many people will just NOT use the rebate. So they can advertise something being "ONLY $14.99!!!!!!!! (tiny font: with $30.00 mail-in rebate.)" and know full well that a majority of the people who buy it will, in effect, wind up paying 50 45 (MATH FAIL) bucks.

If they made it easy, then everyone would use the rebate, which means they just wouldn't do the rebate.

Creston

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 2013, 14:48.

13. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 13:34 jacobvandy

Beelzebud wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 12:55:
Given the scam-like nature of mail-in rebates, and the fact that I've only ever gotten back about half of the ones I sent off for, I'll pass.

I don't know where you're getting or sending your rebates, but I've never had a problem with the many I've used with Newegg over the years. Still kind of a pain, though, I don't know why they can't do that sort of thing digitally. All you're doing is filling out your personal info and sending a copy of the receipt, which is just a print-out of an email... It'd be nice if Newegg could work out a system to take care of all that for you and give you the discount up front. Hell, just make it an optional $2 charge like rush processing, I'd pay that.

12. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 13:25 TychoCelchuuu

I got Syndicate like this for $0.75 (or free, I can't remember) and it was worth it, but the effort of printing out + mailing in a rebate is too much to go through for this game.  

11. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 13:06 Wookiestick

Well, for the price of a postage stamp (assuming the rebate goes through), I bought this earlier on slickdeals.net. Can't hurt.  

Love thy wookie.

10. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 13:05 Fantaz

You'd have to pay me to play this turd...  

9. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 12:55 Beelzebud

8. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 12:38 McSterls

I'm too afraid that the rebate wouldn't show up, then I would get stuck paying $19.99 for this piece of crap. Pass.  

7. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 12:34 JayDeath

Yeah, there is too much legwork for the deal. I'll wait for the steam summer sale.  
Steam: Henry Krinkle

I want a new Brothers in Arms game!

6. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 12:21 Xero

ViRGE wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 11:44:
Creston wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 11:42:
Zero dollar is a good price, but that's way too much effort to make it zero dollars.

Creston
Agreed. It's more effort than I'd care to go through just to get a free copy of A:CM.

Haha! I'll add to that as well. It was my first thought after reading the requirements. Waaaay too much effort for that sh!tfest. lol.

Currently playing: Skyrim

5. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 11:44 Beamer

no one accepts full development credit

Haha!

If this were for the 360, or even the PS3, I'd do it, but even for free I'm not installing this on my PC.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

4. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 11:44 ViRGE

Creston wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 11:42:
Zero dollar is a good price, but that's way too much effort to make it zero dollars.

Creston
Agreed. It's more effort than I'd care to go through just to get a free copy of A:CM.

3. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 11:43 nin

Mail in???? In 2013?

I'll just wait for the $4.99 steam deal.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 11:42 Creston

Creston

1. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 11:42 Mad Max RW

What a waste. The only part of the game that had any potential was multiplayer. A combination of forced local matchmaking and a tiny playerbase rendered it completely dead.  

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo