Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Free Aliens: Colonial Marines

Aliens: Colonial Marines was not very well received, but Newegg offers the chance to judge for yourself gratis, as they offer the first-person shooter from publisher SEGA (no one accepts full development credit) for 60% off at $19.99, a deal which stacks with a $15.00 mail-in rebate (Adobe Acrobat format) and a $4.99 off coupon code from Dealzon which includes free shipping for a final cost of $0.00. We're not sure if the game can be purchased in other territories, but please be aware the rebate form says it is only valid in the United States.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 22, 2013, 07:11 deqer

It's not free if you have to go through all that trouble to get it down to $0.00

Lame...

Pass.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 21, 2013, 12:27 Creston

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 18:46:
There's always morons arguing over "ninja patches" that amounts to placebo effects from simply ... cleaning their monitor.

Okay, that made me practically barf up a lung with laughter.

Creston

33. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 21, 2013, 10:11 Quinn

The only reason I would play that game is if I get money for it.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

32. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 21, 2013, 08:58 nin

shihonage wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 18:07:
Aliens:CM makes Jurassic Park: Trespasser look like a masterpiece of game design. It is worthless from beginning to end.

I never got to play trespasser at the time, as I didn't have a computer that could run it...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

31. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 21, 2013, 08:07 InBlack

If someone offered you a nice fresh turd in a nice fancy box and said you could have it for free. Would you take it?  

I have a nifty blue line!

30. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 21, 2013, 06:00 Nighthawk

Aliens:CM makes Jurassic Park: Trespasser look like a masterpiece of game design. It is worthless from beginning to end.
Oh Trespasser, what fun you were.....

29. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 21, 2013, 06:00 Nighthawk

Oh Trespasser, what gun you were.....

28. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 22:35 Eirikrautha

walrus1 wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 17:32:
QFT
You just abbreviated "Quoted For Truth" and didn't quote anything...

You win, sir...

27. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 18:59 Shataan

Max speaks the truth.  

26. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 18:46 Mad Max RW

The Gearbox forums are a comedy goldmine. There's roughly half a dozen people posting who are so delusional it's almost scary knowing they exist out in the real world. You'll find people who swear nobody is playing because you don't have enough playerskins featuring Doritos and Mountain Dew logos. I swear to god these are real people who have posted for years. There's always morons arguing over "ninja patches" that amounts to placebo effects from simply restarting their piece of shit computers or cleaning their monitor.

Multiplayer is completely dead and unplayable but they'll deflect with "well if you and a bunch of friends on Steam have the game you can maybe get into a server after waiting 30 minutes!" For every DLC map pack the same fools get all hyped up and say it will save the game. Then the day after release they bitch about not being able to play them only to buy the very next map pack and repeat the insanity again. Logic and thinking abandoned the Gearbox forums the same as the developers abandoned their game.

25. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 18:07 shihonage

24. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 17:39 FU

Postage and my time makes this not worth it  

23. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 17:38 Rattlehead

Rebates are a scam, don't ever buy something with rebates...you won't get your money back.  

22. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 17:32 walrus1

QFT  

21. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 16:49 Creston

Whether newegg or the manufacturer does the rebate, the thought behind it stays the same: Make it annoying, so many people will buy the item because of the low price, then never bother sending in the rebate...

Creston

20. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 16:12 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 14:12:
jacobvandy wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 13:34:
Beelzebud wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 12:55:
Given the scam-like nature of mail-in rebates, and the fact that I've only ever gotten back about half of the ones I sent off for, I'll pass.

I don't know where you're getting or sending your rebates, but I've never had a problem with the many I've used with Newegg over the years. Still kind of a pain, though, I don't know why they can't do that sort of thing digitally. All you're doing is filling out your personal info and sending a copy of the receipt, which is just a print-out of an email... It'd be nice if Newegg could work out a system to take care of all that for you and give you the discount up front. Hell, just make it an optional $2 charge like rush processing, I'd pay that.

That negates the point of the rebate. They make it annoying to complete, because that way many people will just NOT use the rebate. So they can advertise something being "ONLY $14.99!!!!!!!! (tiny font: with $30.00 mail-in rebate.)" and know full well that a majority of the people who buy it will, in effect, wind up paying 50 45 (MATH FAIL) bucks.

If they made it easy, then everyone would use the rebate, which means they just wouldn't do the rebate.

Creston

Newegg doesn't pay out the rebates, though, the manufacturer does... Well, now that i look at this one, it is a special Newegg promotion for store credit, basically, in the form of a prepaid card. THAT is retarded. Amazon just gives you credit on your account, which is just one of many reasons why they're usurping the entirety of online shopping. I browse stuff on Newegg, and buy there for cheaper prices and free 2-day shipping...

Anyhow, nevermind me then. The only rebates I've done have been manufacturer rebates, which sometimes don't even mention Newegg specifically anywhere on the form, and you mail it directly to them, not Newegg, and they send you a check.

19. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 15:56 dj LiTh

I'm waiting for the price to goto negative $5.00, then i'll think about it  

18. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 14:40 siapnar

Free feces!  

I have projectile dysfunction.

17. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 14:37 Tanto Edge

..ya still don't want it.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

16. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 14:22 Xero

Remember those Sunday circulars for CompUSA??? Mice, keyboards, peripherals for only $3-5 dollars? Then you read the small print, mail-in rebate required. I swear, I think they made everyone realize what a scam it was and rightfully they went out of business.  

Currently playing: Skyrim

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo