Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I'm one of those who has been using Google Reader for a long time now, but apparently there aren't enough of us, as the big G is deep-sixing the RSS reader at the end of this month. I haven't been successful in finding a replacement, so I thought I'd ask here if anyone had any recommendations for a good RSS reader. I realize this is very 2000s of me, but some of us are stuck in their ways. Thanks for any help with this.

Stuck Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Accurate Boy.
Hired Heroes Offense.
Stories: Canadian driver says he was speeding so he could dry car. Thanks devicer.
Science: Cancer immunity of strange underground rat revealed.
Images: The Kite-Borne Camera That Captured Post-Quake San Francisco in 1906.
Media: Billy Crystal Meets his Monster.
Self Control Room.
Follow-Up: Italy hospital: Gandolfini died of cardiac arrest.
'Star Wars' Cast Breakdown Unveiled. Thanks nin.
Shailene Woodley's Mary Jane Role Cut From 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2';. Thanks nin.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2013, 11:10 Pigeon

Late teens? I sure hope these aren't for the part of Leia. She should have been mid 20's in RotJ.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2013, 10:47 Linksil

I'm mixed on the superman movie. On one side we finally got the awesome super hero fights/actions that superman deserves. On the other we got an insanely shallow movie with just enough plot to string us along between said fights. Everyone but the actors for superman and lois did a wonderful job with what they had, but again the script just wasn't there to let any of them shine except zod. For the first two, he did okay as superman, but we didn't even really see clark kent enough to really judge. Lois seemed weird and shallow of a character. I think the main thing about the script I hated was the time frame. When he learned to swim/move at super speeds, shoot lasers out of eyes, and all the other good stuff over the whole course of his childhood... BUT it takes him a good 5 mins to learn to jump and fly? Then he TELLS the villein HOW to get over his discomfort so he can take over/destroy the world? Don't get me started about lois lane taking less then a week to figure out who superman is...  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2013, 10:07 Verno

Oh for Feedly if you want to mark individual items as read, use the keyboard shortcut "m" or hover the mouse over it. That one drove me crazy until I figured it out, I thought you could only mark the whole feed as read.

I didn't really care for Man of Steel at all, it felt like LCD pandering and the Superman mythos has never really grabbed me. That said it had a lot of great action scenes for the summer moviegoer.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2013, 09:57 nin

Henry Cavill is charismatic and engaging as Superman

I agree. I initially wasn't really sold on him, but he did a good job.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2013, 09:53 InBlack

Saw Man of Steel yesterday. Liked it more than the Avengers or the last Batman flick. Hell, I liked it better than the last Star Trek, although the movie has a lot of flaws. It seems to cater to the lowest common denominator a lot and I mean A LOT in quite a few scenes. Quite a lot of scenes are superflous and should have been cut from the film.

The best part of the film is the origin story, not in the least because it finally explains who and what the Kryptonians were and how Superman fits in with what happened.

Henry Cavill is charismatic and engaging as Superman although his Clark Kent persona is rather well, undeveloped. This is a fault with the story really, not the actors.

Zod really steals the show, best one dimensional character I have ever seen. Trust me the sentence makes sense in the context of the movie.

Reeves is still No. 1 IMO but the new movie is well worth the ticket admission price.

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2013, 09:51 coldcut

Verno wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 09:44:
I've swapped over to Feedly, ...
That is exactly what I was going to suggest also I am using Feedly myself now too. Google Reader import works quite well.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2013, 09:44 Verno

I've swapped over to Feedly, it's pretty good and I had no problems importing my feeds from Reader. They're working on removing the plugin requirement as well. A friend of mine uses NetVibes and swears by it but I haven't checked it out.

You could also roll your own with Fever or something on your own webhosting but I'm not sure if you want another project or not.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo