Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

• #NoDRM Summer day 2: The Witcher 2 70% off, Don't Starve 33% off on GOG.com.
  • The Secret World on Steam. Save 50%.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: On Sale Jun 20, 2013, 23:47 Acleacius

Well grabbed TSW, almost got it installed. Damn 16 gig dl and 35 gig install.

I was thinking of joining Arcadia (RP), any suggestions on which faction to start with? I'm thinking of going for Blood/Elemental as a solo build, since I generally play mage classes. I've been trying to read as many "Things I wish I would have known" threads as possible, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: On Sale Jun 20, 2013, 00:27 Acleacius

Thanks a lot, for all the feedback! Salute Thanks

I really didn't expect it to be great, mostly wanted to try something new and $15 is hard to beat.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

4. Re: On Sale Jun 19, 2013, 23:49 PropheT

It's a hard game to describe, really. It's a good game with some nagging issues, but if you go in with realistic expectations I can't see that you wouldn't get your money's worth out of it. The questing is interesting enough that you can play it as a single player game with other people around and still enjoy it. That might even be the best way to approach it, actually.

Even if you only play it for a month and then quit, at $15 that's what you'd get from most MMO's. If you play it pretty hardcore for a month you'll hit the main gripe with the game, and that's that it didn't have a ton of content when it came out; I'm not sure how much that's been fixed, but there's still plenty there if you're not looking for a 5-hour a day fix for years type of MMO.

3. Re: On Sale Jun 19, 2013, 23:48 LittleMe

Acleacius wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 23:35:
Anyone playing TSW or going to buy, I'm gonna pull the trigger on it, since it's now Pay Once, Play Forever like GW2?

Here's what I've heard/read while trying to decide. It was rushed out like Age of Conan, in a beta state which caused many negative reviews. Now they done much to fix the initial release problems, though the animations still suffer some. I'm hearing it's Story Heavy, Voiced Dialog, Exploration and Puzzle Solving. The puzzles are apparently pretty complex like breaking Morse Code, Deciphering Hebrew texts and has a built in Web Browser tool to help.

The different weapons are guns (pistols, machine guns and shotguns), magic (Chaos, Blood and Elementalism), Swords and Fists. There are no levels and apparently it's possible unlock all skills (though from what I've read it's a waste of time) but you really only need enough for the few preferred builds. Apparently you can combine any weapons and magic and combat has active dodging similar to GW2.

If anyone has anything to add, I'd appreciated it as I'm getting a little board with GW2 and single player releases atm.

I'm not playing it right now but you're mostly correct here. It's a unique MMO that succeeded the most in -not- being WoW. There are levels. It's very atmospheric in a good way. The story writing is great. Voice acting is great. Combat is fun, but sometimes frustratingly difficult. You learn from mistakes in combat and can prevail. Quests are great. It's a hardcore MMO, imo. (MMOimo?).

If you're curious about it.. Just get it!

edit: but yes, it has some nagging issues and isn't among the best MMOs, I suppose.

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 2013, 00:03.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

2. Re: On Sale Jun 19, 2013, 23:48 Cutter

TSW = good concept poor execution. Even if the client was free I doubt I'd ever go back. A for effort, D for delivery. Funcom just can't make MMOs.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

1. Re: On Sale Jun 19, 2013, 23:35 Acleacius

Anyone playing TSW or going to buy, I'm gonna pull the trigger on it, since it's now Pay Once, Play Forever like GW2?

Here's what I've heard/read while trying to decide. It was rushed out like Age of Conan, in a beta state which caused many negative reviews. Now they done much to fix the initial release problems, though the animations still suffer some. I'm hearing it's Story Heavy, Voiced Dialog, Exploration and Puzzle Solving. The puzzles are apparently pretty complex like breaking Morse Code, Deciphering Hebrew texts and has a built in Web Browser tool to help.

The different weapons are guns (pistols, machine guns and shotguns), magic (Chaos, Blood and Elementalism), Swords and Fists. There are no levels and apparently it's possible unlock all skills (though from what I've read it's a waste of time) but you really only need enough for the few preferred builds. Apparently you can combine any weapons and magic and combat has active dodging similar to GW2.

If anyone has anything to add, I'd appreciated it as I'm getting a little board with GW2 and single player releases atm.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo