Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Revealed

A new teaser trailer is now available for Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, confirming a sequel is coming to Dennaton Games' 1980s-inspired throwback action game. The clip features a glimpse of gory gameplay, creepy music, audio and video distortion, and a looped wrong number message, all designed to sooth the soul while promoting the game. The game was quietly shown off at E3 last week, and there are first-hand impressions on Eurogamer, Joystiq, Polygon, Rock, Paper, Shotgun, and TIME's Techland Blog. Update: Here's the official announcement:

MIAMI – You’re a murderer. You murder people. Again. And again. How certain you are of your actions and what is, and what is not, real is what you must determine in Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, due out later this year from developer Dennaton Games and publisher Devolver Digital. The epic finale to 2012’s blood-soaked hit follows an escalating level of violence through multiple factions born from the events of the original game -- all within the confines of blistering combat, the unmistakable visual style, and another powerful and intense soundtrack that pushes you to the limit and forces you to question your own thirst for blood.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number commands you to step into the murderous minds of several distinct characters - each with their own motivations and methods of execution – as storylines intersect and reality slips away into a haze of neon and carnage. Witness hundreds of new sprites and animations in lush new areas to clear floor-by-floor, and harness a variety of savage new weapons to satisfy your murder lust.

Due out in 2013 for PC, Mac, and Linux from Dennaton Games and Devolver Digital.

For more information, please visit www.devolverdigital.com or follow @HotlineMiami on Twitter.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Revealed Jun 20, 2013, 03:01 Jerykk

Kristian Joensen wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 18:59:
"Due out in 2013 for PC, Mac, and Linux from Dennaton Games and Devolver Digital. "

So another game I won't be buying on GOG.

If you play games on a PC and you only use Linux... you must not be playing many games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Revealed Jun 20, 2013, 02:02 mag

nin wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 19:05:
"Due out in 2013 for PC, Mac, and Linux from Dennaton Games and Devolver Digital. "

What makes you say that? The original is on there.

Probably saying that because GOG doesn't support Linux (yet).

12. Re: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Revealed Jun 19, 2013, 19:05 nin

What makes you say that? The original is on there.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. Re: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Revealed Jun 19, 2013, 18:59 Kristian Joensen

10. Re: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Revealed Jun 19, 2013, 18:17 Dmitri_M

siapnar wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 15:43:
I still have one of the tracks from the soundtrack on my phone playlist
Same here. Great soundtrack.

9. Re: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Revealed Jun 19, 2013, 15:43 siapnar

Good to see a lot of people giving the first one acclaim. It deserves it.
I still have one of the tracks from the soundtrack on my phone playlist

I have projectile dysfunction.

8. Re: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Revealed Jun 19, 2013, 15:11 Axis

This is one I enjoyed, I'm sure I'll pickup the 2nd.  

Yours truly,

Axis

7. Re: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Revealed Jun 19, 2013, 14:44 FU

This was the shiiiit. Gameplay and music top notch. Finished twice. . I don't even play role playing games twice. Once you get zoned in and the music gets going awe man! Good old fashion fun.  

6. Re: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Revealed Jun 19, 2013, 14:13 mch

Beamer wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 14:09:

TPBTP is the longest movie you'll ever see.
Which doesn't mean it's bad or uninteresting, quite the opposite. But it doesn't balance its tone well, so it's kind of turned to 11 on the emotional intensity for the entire film. You'll look at your watch, thinking 1.5 hours have passed, and be shocked to see only 45 minutes did.

Well acted, but draining.

I agree. Really good movie but it went places I didn't expect it to, and took its time getting there.

I absolutely welcome another Hotline Miami but why do I feel like they're gonna screw it up? I hope not.

PSN: CaseDesignate

5. Re: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Revealed Jun 19, 2013, 14:09 Beamer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 13:58:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 11:50:
I agree completely and I would certainly compare this game to the movie Drive. It has similar music and a high level of violence. I haven't seen The Place Beyond the Pines, yet, but I soon will.

I'm looking forward to HM2.

Another Hotline Miami fan here, but fair warning, The Place Beyond the Pines is a different sort of film entirely from Drive. It's well done, but it definitely had misleading previews. I enjoyed TPBtP, but I enjoyed Drive far more.

TPBTP is the longest movie you'll ever see.
Which doesn't mean it's bad or uninteresting, quite the opposite. But it doesn't balance its tone well, so it's kind of turned to 11 on the emotional intensity for the entire film. You'll look at your watch, thinking 1.5 hours have passed, and be shocked to see only 45 minutes did.

Well acted, but draining.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

4. Re: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Revealed Jun 19, 2013, 13:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 11:50:
I agree completely and I would certainly compare this game to the movie Drive. It has similar music and a high level of violence. I haven't seen The Place Beyond the Pines, yet, but I soon will.

Another Hotline Miami fan here, but fair warning, The Place Beyond the Pines is a different sort of film entirely from Drive. It's well done, but it definitely had misleading previews. I enjoyed TPBtP, but I enjoyed Drive far more.

3. Re: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Revealed Jun 19, 2013, 13:55 Rattlehead

I'm throwing money at the screen and nothing's happening  

2. Re: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Revealed Jun 19, 2013, 11:50 Fibrocyte

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 10:35:
Hotline Miami was easily one of my favorite games of 2012. It's so unforgiving but has such a cool atmosphere and most of all is FUN. I don't know how anyone under the age of 25 can appreciate it, though.

This is probably a cliche comparing the game to Drive. However, people should also check out The Place Beyond the Pines. I found it a strange coincidence the first half of that movie with Ryan Gosling reminded me of "The Biker" finale from Hotline Miami.

1. Re: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Revealed Jun 19, 2013, 10:35 Mad Max RW

Hotline Miami was easily one of my favorite games of 2012. It's so unforgiving but has such a cool atmosphere and most of all is FUN. I don't know how anyone under the age of 25 can appreciate it, though.

This is probably a cliche comparing the game to Drive. However, people should also check out The Place Beyond the Pines. I found it a strange coincidence the first half of that movie with Ryan Gosling reminded me of "The Biker" finale from Hotline Miami.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo