Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 19, 2013, 15:28 Parallax Abstraction

Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 22:47:
Haha, holy shitballs it just keeps getting better!

GameStop No Longer Taking Xbox One Pre-Orders

Shortly after Microsoft and Sony held their E3 press conferences on June 10, GameStop had pre-order SKUs in their system for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 respectively. With price points and launch windows announced, both systems were available for consumers to reserve almost immediately. Just over a week later, the pre-order SKU for Xbox One has been removed from GameStopís system corporate-wide without explanation.

As of this morning, GameStop management has confirmed that they are not currently taking reserves on Xbox One. No official explanation has been given for the removal of the SKU at this time, and GameStop has not clarified whether or not they will re-open the reserve list at a later time. PlayStation 4 is still available for reserve, and Sony recently announced that GameStop has pledged to buy every PlayStation 4 they can get their hands on.

Man, MS is just F'd in the A.

From what I've read elsewhere, this is because GameStop ran out their launch allocation. Amazon had a similar thing happen with the PS4 until Sony promised to ship more units to them. Some are also speculating that Microsoft's having major component yield problems with the Xbox One and there may not be that many of them available at launch as a result.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 19, 2013, 06:59 Julio

You don't F Gamestop, they F you

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 19, 2013, 03:47 InBlack

The best thing about this console war is that the PC is slowly closing up on its brethren as the popular platform of choice. Thanks to the new console architecture and the indie dev. explosion the PC is going to be the definitive gaming platform. I have no intention of buying a console but if I were to buy one it would definitely be the faster and cheaper one without any DRM bullshit and a better selection of games (LOL).  

I have a nifty blue line!

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 19, 2013, 00:49 Creston

Gamestop seems really pissed at MS. Hehehe.

And the Navy article is just brutal. I love how every single one of MS's (potential) customers is just going "hey, you know what? FUCK YOU and your bullshit!"

Redmond must be a fun place to work these days. I wonder if Ballmer is finally going to explode.

Creston

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 23:25 wtf_man

nin wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 23:21:
wtf_man wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 23:16:
Ok... the Gamestop thing is pretty funny.

I cancelled my Amazon PS4 Pre-Order, and Re-Pre-Orderd the PS4-WatchDogs Day One bundle.

I would have grabbed that one, but I'm still on the fence over getting WD on the PC or PS4. In the meantime, I'm sticking with my initial PS4 order and a copy of Infamous.

Lookin forward to it!

Oh... I'll be getting it for my PC too. PC is still my primary gaming machine. My daughter and I will be able to play together when she is home on leave.... and I'm sure I'll use it to learn how to get used to a controller. (I haven't had a console since the 1st Nintendo)

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 23:21 nin

wtf_man wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 23:16:

I cancelled my Amazon PS4 Pre-Order, and Re-Pre-Orderd the PS4-WatchDogs Day One bundle.

I would have grabbed that one, but I'm still on the fence over getting WD on the PC or PS4. In the meantime, I'm sticking with my initial PS4 order and a copy of Infamous.

Lookin forward to it!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 23:16 wtf_man

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 22:51 nin

Shortly after Microsoft and Sony held their E3 press conferences on June 10, GameStop had pre-order SKUs in their system for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 respectively. With price points and launch windows announced, both systems were available for consumers to reserve almost immediately. Just over a week later, the pre-order SKU for Xbox One has been removed from GameStopís system corporate-wide without explanation.

As of this morning, GameStop management has confirmed that they are not currently taking reserves on Xbox One. No official explanation has been given for the removal of the SKU at this time, and GameStop has not clarified whether or not they will re-open the reserve list at a later time. PlayStation 4 is still available for reserve, and Sony recently announced that GameStop has pledged to buy every PlayStation 4 they can get their hands on.

Price cut/refocus coming?

edit: still on sale @ amazon...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 22:47 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 20:58 jdreyer

Navy publication blasts Xbox One.

Not a surprise at all. Game playing is one of THE ways folks in the military let off steam. The XBox is ubiquitous in bases in Afghanistan as well as well as on ships at sea, both places with tenuous if any internet connectivity. Ironic that the military will end up "recommending" a foreign product of the American one.

Key quote:
"Microsoft has single-handedly alienated the entire military," naval aviator Jay Johnson wrote in a Gamasutra piece. "And not just the U.S. military--the militaries of the entire world."

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo