Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month

The Kickstarter for Shadowrun Returns has word from Harebrained Schemes that the release of their turn-based RPG is delayed until July 25th, after being planned for this month, saying they've "decided to invest additional time in bugfixing and polishing the game" in spite of this meaning "a longer crunch period for a tired team," saying this fits with feedback they've received from fans saying they should take the time they need. They outline more of what to expect, including a section on the editor, and videos of the creations some of their backers have made with the early access version of the tools to make new content. Thanks nin.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 19, 2013, 12:50 Creston

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 02:33:
Eh, don't worry about it, the world ends on July 24th.

You are a bad person!

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 19, 2013, 07:32 InBlack

Well this is the first kickstarter thats coming that has my interest piqued. The absence of a loot/inventory system is kind of unsettling for a tactical/rpg game. Ill wait and see what you guys think of it but if its half as good as its touted to be ill chip in my 20$.  

I have a nifty blue line!

23. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 19, 2013, 07:13 Julio

nin wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 19:10:
Ignore him, he bitches about everything.

What, we must all agree on every topic? That would make a pretty boring message board. Just ignore me if you don't want to hear another side to the story.

22. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 19, 2013, 02:33 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 19:20:
NKD wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 18:21:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 18:11:
Is it just me or was this completed way too quickly?

They only got around 2 million dollars. That goes pretty fast if you're not a two-man dev team.

Yeah, they had their entire studio working on it, which is about 20ish people, for over a year, and after deductions for fees and swag, they had about 1.5 million dollars in total budget. They've actually already spent their entire budget and are using their own funds to complete the game, which I'm very happy about.

I hope it sells well. It's a $20 game, so the price shouldn't be too big a barrier for a huge adoption. I hope it's a great game, and I definitely am excited to play it the day it comes out.

/suddenly realizes something.

The 25th of July? I'll be on vacation!!

Creston

Eh, don't worry about it, the world ends on July 24th.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 18, 2013, 20:10 Dev

Also of note is that they are out of kickstarter funds, so they will be using their own funds at this point. For them to do that and delay the game is significant.

Edit: I see people already mentioned that.
As for the stretch goals like berlin, they are doing that as a post release add-on thats free to backers.

20. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 18, 2013, 19:31 saluk

Loot/inventory was never a huge thing in shadowrun (at least for me); it was always more about coming up with a solution to immediate problems then in collecting loot or obsessing with loadouts. I mean in the pnp as I played it you could basically order whatever tech you wanted from the start, and you never collected anything useful in the missions besides information, keycards, etc that can be handled just fine without an inventory system.

That said it seems like a very easy thing to implement. It's always one of the first things I add when I build my own rpg code. It takes like an hour, maybe a day or two to actually do a decent job.

Crosses fingers...

19. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 18, 2013, 19:20 Creston

NKD wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 18:21:

They only got around 2 million dollars. That goes pretty fast if you're not a two-man dev team.

Yeah, they had their entire studio working on it, which is about 20ish people, for over a year, and after deductions for fees and swag, they had about 1.5 million dollars in total budget. They've actually already spent their entire budget and are using their own funds to complete the game, which I'm very happy about.

I hope it sells well. It's a $20 game, so the price shouldn't be too big a barrier for a huge adoption. I hope it's a great game, and I definitely am excited to play it the day it comes out.

/suddenly realizes something.

The 25th of July? I'll be on vacation!!

Creston

18. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 18, 2013, 19:10 nin

Prez wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 18:44:
I was hoping the release day would get here quickly, but if they think they need another month, then that's that. Still a little worried about how it's going to turn out, but as of right now it's still high on my wishlist. Needless to say that with about a 1000 games in my Steam catalog using Steamworks is a 'plus' as far as I'm concerned.

There's been a last 1-2 folks @ teh shack that got the editor (@$250) and have spoke highly of the gameplay, so far...

Flatline wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 17:27:
Julio wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 17:22:
ASeven wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 12:04:
No inventory, no loot, only one magic class, amongst a ton of stripped features. This game no longer holds the sway it held with me.

Adding in the DRM fiasco and I'm no longer planning to buy this one.

Bullshit you were bitching about this before the Steam/DRM thing.

At least be consistent and not a worry troll.

Ignore him, he bitches about everything.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

17. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 18, 2013, 18:44 Prez

I was hoping the release day would get here quickly, but if they think they need another month, then that's that. Still a little worried about how it's going to turn out, but as of right now it's still high on my wishlist. Needless to say that with about a 1000 games in my Steam catalog using Steamworks is a 'plus' as far as I'm concerned.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

16. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 18, 2013, 18:21 NKD

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

15. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 18, 2013, 18:11 ItBurn

14. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 18, 2013, 17:37 Julio

Flatline wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 17:27:
No inventory, no loot, only one magic class, amongst a ton of stripped features. This game no longer holds the sway it held with me.

I'm not sure what a 'worry troll' is, but definitely the 'no inventory/no loot' news came before the DRM being added. Absolutely the Steam DRM is why I'm not buying this, though no inventory/no loot plays a role. I was planning to buy it before all that came out.

13. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 18, 2013, 17:29 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 14:38:
No inventory, no loot, only one magic class, amongst a ton of stripped features.

This game no longer holds the sway it held with me.

Yeah those issues, plus some other stuff now makes me wish I hadn't kicked in. And is a month going to make a real difference at this point? That doesn't bode well IMO - particularly given that this already had a major delay pushed back to a June release. And apparently there's another major delay for the Linux backers. They say the money is all gone at this point. What about the stretch goals? This could be a real problem for all kickstarters going forward if we're consistently seeing over promise/under deliver. Enh, I guess we'll see in another month.

Chances are the extra month of testing was to put the VR matrix rules back into the game. That came late in development. With a competent QA team a month is a long time to bug check if they're intelligent about it.

12. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 18, 2013, 17:27 Flatline

11. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 18, 2013, 17:22 Julio

10. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 18, 2013, 14:49 nin

Devinoch wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 12:45:
Blaster wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 12:37:
What does "Removed" mean? And why are my ears burning?

Pot, kettle; kettle, pot.

Pretty much that, exactly.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 18, 2013, 14:38 Cutter

No inventory, no loot, only one magic class, amongst a ton of stripped features.

This game no longer holds the sway it held with me.

Yeah those issues, plus some other stuff now makes me wish I hadn't kicked in. And is a month going to make a real difference at this point? That doesn't bode well IMO - particularly given that this already had a major delay pushed back to a June release. And apparently there's another major delay for the Linux backers. They say the money is all gone at this point. What about the stretch goals? This could be a real problem for all kickstarters going forward if we're consistently seeing over promise/under deliver. Enh, I guess we'll see in another month.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

8. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 18, 2013, 12:47 NKD

Fuck yeah Shadowrun.

First thing I've Kickstarted that will actually be coming out. Hopefully more will follow.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

7. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 18, 2013, 12:45 Devinoch

Blaster wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 12:37:
Also, the devs appear to be immature douche holes.

Pot, kettle; kettle, pot.

6. removed Jun 18, 2013, 12:37 Blaster

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 18, 2013, 14:48.

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo