Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout 4 Rumor

A post on Bubblews states that Bethesda showed off Fallout 4 at E3 last week behind closed doors, saying a brief trailer (oddly specified as 37 seconds in length) was part of the presentation. They say "it seems there was a leaker inside" who allegedly shared unconfirmed details about the unannounced next installment in the action/RPG series. These details include word that the game will come to Windows, as well as Xboxes One and 360 and PlayStations 3 and 4, the game will be announced before next year's E3 but is not expected to launch before October 2015, the main setting is Boston, and more. This is all to be taken with a grain of salt, though it's interesting to note that one of the editors at Strategy Informer commented on that site's report of this with a smug: "I... can neither confirm nor deny that rumor. :p"

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

21. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 16:06 NKD

siapnar wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 16:03:
Since the new PC, PS and JokeBox are all x86 architecture, does this essentially mean that us PC enthusiasts have PS5's and even PS6's by comparison? In theory, we should be able to run all games that come out at much higher framerates.
Either way, I'm pretty excited about this new gen.

Would be surprised if Fallout4 is also for last gen consoles. It would mean that they'd be porting the PC/PS4/Xbone version to the older consoles, wouldn't it?
As someone else said, that's like backwards compatibility, which both Sony and MS have stated won't be available (for obvious reasons)

NKD wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 13:44:
Guys, do yourself a favor and click here to add Blaster to your ignore list. Looking at his 9 or so posts, all of which lead to brain cell death, you won't be missing out on anything.

I can't seem to find a block feature or anything. Am I missing something? I AM kinda buzzed on some painkillers right now

That's a direct link to ignore him. But the ignore/unignore link on the right hand side of the user profile.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 16:06 Cutter

Grubworm wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 15:24:
who cares about fallout 4 when wasteland 2 is coming.
http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/

A lot more people do.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

19. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 16:03 siapnar

Since the new PC, PS and JokeBox are all x86 architecture, does this essentially mean that us PC enthusiasts have PS5's and even PS6's by comparison? In theory, we should be able to run all games that come out at much higher framerates.
Either way, I'm pretty excited about this new gen.

Would be surprised if Fallout4 is also for last gen consoles. It would mean that they'd be porting the PC/PS4/Xbone version to the older consoles, wouldn't it?
As someone else said, that's like backwards compatibility, which both Sony and MS have stated won't be available (for obvious reasons)

NKD wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 13:44:
Guys, do yourself a favor and click here to add Blaster to your ignore list. Looking at his 9 or so posts, all of which lead to brain cell death, you won't be missing out on anything.

I can't seem to find a block feature or anything. Am I missing something? I AM kinda buzzed on some painkillers right now

I have projectile dysfunction.

18. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 16:01 Mad Max RW

Bethesda has had people doing location scouting in Boston the last couple years. So this makes sense if true.  

17. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 15:24 Grubworm

who cares about fallout 4 when wasteland 2 is coming.
http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/

16. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 14:42 Cutter

Well if it''s slated for the PS4 and Failbox then we'll be getting a much nicer version for sure. And yes, I'm guessing that it'll be next year, not 2015.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

15. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 13:44 NKD

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

14. removed Jun 18, 2013, 13:40 Blaster

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 18, 2013, 16:05.

13. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 13:26 Rattlehead

Blaster wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 13:02:
Can't wait for another unbalanced romp through a boring, empty post-apocalyptic setting. Rolleyes

If Bethesda wants to be taken serious, they needn't make a movie-game for total froth-tard brofags that can be blown through by hitting the X button at the right time. SMGDFH
Yea, try actually playing the game before parroting off like a typical idiot. Nothing you mention describes anything about any of the fallouts. So kindly go away and don't come back. Your avatar describes you perfectly, a half wiped tight asshole

Also @ 2015 release date
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foqMwp8Xi24

12. removed Jun 18, 2013, 13:02 Blaster

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 18, 2013, 14:44.

11. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 12:06 Rhino

I HAVE seen it happen before where people stated a later year, in this case 2015, inadvertently forgetting that there may be a difference between calendar and fiscal year. In this case, if any of this is true, it may be that they DO mean October of next year, which may also happens to fall into FISCAL year 2015.

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 2013, 13:57.

10. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 11:38 finga

Something doesn't seem right about this. Not launching in 2014? But coming to PS3 and 360? Either Bethesda has very little faith in the success of the next-gen consoles or they're making the very dubious decision to use the same reworked GameBryo engine used in Skyrim as the basis for the game. And doing that 15 months or longer into the next-gen cycle just seems like a terrible decision.

I think it's likely instead that one of these details is instead inaccurate. I think that either the game's coming earlier than 2015 or PS3/360 isn't happening.

9. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 11:23 Creston

as well as Xboxes One and 360 and PlayStations 3 and 4

NOOOOOOOOOO! Stop making games for those decrepit old pieces of shit! Make it current-gen!

Sigh.

Also, October 2015? Holy crap...

Creston

8. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 10:57 Acleacius

He just got the date wrong by one year, 10/2014.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

7. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 10:55 Techie714

I call BS...  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

6. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 10:30 MajorD

"It will be my pleasure to offer hot death in a variety of exciting flavors. Take your pick." "Please, enjoy my selection of high quality, problem solvers."

5. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 10:00 NKD

nin wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 09:29:
Oct 2015 and still on current gen consoles?

Yeah that seems fishy to me. That'll be two years in to the new consoles and the player base on the old ones is going to be pretty damn small by then. And if the game looks good and they are taking advantage of the Xboner and PS4 hardware, then whatever shows up on 360 and PS3 would be a mere shadow of a game.

4. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 09:58 InBlack

Pass. Ill wait for the inevitable stand alone game by Obsidian anyway, NV was much, much better than F3 and IMO the true successor to Fallout2.  

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 09:57 Drayth

They stated that they were going to make one more game with the engine in it's current form (Skyrim version), which already has the kinks worked out for running on current gen consoles obviously.

Kinda sucks though, if they just went next gen they could have raised the low end design requirements.

2. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 09:47 Pigeon

nin wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 09:29:
Oct 2015 and still on current gen consoles?

That's what I was wondering. Maybe it's easy to scale back the graphics and make adjustments for the older consoles. Though by that same logic backwards compatibility should be easy to implement as well. Its probably more likely there are elements of this story that are BS. I have no doubt they're working on Fallout 4 though.

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo