Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout 4 Rumor

A post on Bubblews states that Bethesda showed off Fallout 4 at E3 last week behind closed doors, saying a brief trailer (oddly specified as 37 seconds in length) was part of the presentation. They say "it seems there was a leaker inside" who allegedly shared unconfirmed details about the unannounced next installment in the action/RPG series. These details include word that the game will come to Windows, as well as Xboxes One and 360 and PlayStations 3 and 4, the game will be announced before next year's E3 but is not expected to launch before October 2015, the main setting is Boston, and more. This is all to be taken with a grain of salt, though it's interesting to note that one of the editors at Strategy Informer commented on that site's report of this with a smug: "I... can neither confirm nor deny that rumor. :p"

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 19, 2013, 16:17 Creston

jimnms wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 07:28:
Creston wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 00:59:
What's MMUE, jim?

Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition It's a bug fix mod. There's another bug fix mod out there, but it's essentially a compilation of other individual bug fix patches merged into one. MMUE goes farther and fixes the bugs themselves rather than just compiling a bunch of smaller fixes into one.

Thank you, sir.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 19, 2013, 09:16 Verno

Yeah I had the same approach, most of my mods are very minor UI mods or graphical tweaks/enhancements. Of course it still somehow ballooned into 50+ mods and by the time I was finished I didn't really want to play but that's a different story  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

39. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 19, 2013, 07:28 jimnms

Creston wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 00:59:
What's MMUE, jim?

Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition It's a bug fix mod. There's another bug fix mod out there, but it's essentially a compilation of other individual bug fix patches merged into one. MMUE goes farther and fixes the bugs themselves rather than just compiling a bunch of smaller fixes into one.

MeanJim on Steam

38. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 19, 2013, 00:59 Creston

What's MMUE, jim?

Creston

37. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 19, 2013, 00:16 jimnms

Prez wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 18:51:
EDIT - On that note, are there any must-have mods for New Vegas? The Brazil one looks amazing but I have tried it yet.

I don't like using overhaul type mods until I've played the game at least once. I generally play the first time completely vanilla, then a 2nd time modded a bit before I go all out with the crazy overhauls. I've played it once vanilla and once with DLC and a few light mods. IMO, the DLC make the game too easy with the level cap increase and perks you get from completing the DLC quests.

I suggest using MMUE to squish bugs, and then add some immersion mods and texture replacements. I would also install some UI mods like oHUD with DARNUI. After playing with those it makes me want to puke seeing screen shots and videos of the stock UI.

For me it was little mods that made the game more enjoyable, especially if you're playing it in hardcore mode. There was one that would let you use a pilot light and flamer fuel to use ovens as a camp fire for cooking/crafting. I think it was called simply called Oven Cooking.

Another one I used was called Manual Reload. It requires NVSE, and does what the name implies. No longer will you automatically reload when the last shot is fired, you either manually hit the reload key or switch weapons. Sometimes it's faster to switch to a second weapon than reload which is one reason I like it. The other is that it makes the game remember how much ammo is in each weapon, so if you're down to just a few shots left (or empty) and switch to another weapon, when you re-equip the first weapon it isn't magically reloaded anymore.

I plan to play again with JSawyer's mod. I'm going to keep it simple though, just use the MMUE bug fix along with UI and texture mods. I want to keep to the original game as much as possible, but make it more challenging.

MeanJim on Steam

36. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 23:14 Prez

MajorD wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 19:22:
I'm playing (and loving) Fallout NV right now - my first attempted playthrough got cut off with a hardware failure that required a rebuild pretty early in, so believe it or not I am just now experiencing it for the first time. As a fan of the first 2 seminal games in the series, I still see enough "Fallout" in NV to be worthy of the name despite the perspective change. It's a great game - the fun exploration easily makes up for its other shortcomings.

Ironically I just loaded my 144th mod for New Vegas, and have it pretty much dialed-in, fined tuned, and running great. No CTDs, no stuttering, or issues so far; hopefully they don't rear their ugly head over time as my save file grows.

Have you gone to NexusMods and loaded up an mods, or are you just running Vanilla?

Enjoy!

I am running vanilla. I have sifted through FO Nexus but haven't installed any yet. Thanks for the advice all.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

35. Re: removed Jun 18, 2013, 20:39 nin

10 posts and banned, I'm a little disappointed I missed some of those...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

34. Re: removed Jun 18, 2013, 20:24 Beamer

The general consensus on this board 2 weeks ago was that both consoles will sell poorly.
The general consensus today is that at least one console will sell poorly.

Publishers aren't as convinced as posters here, but I'm sure they have concerns. Makes sense to at least target the older consoles for a while. 10/15 seems extreme, but if the PS4 and 360 have only sold a few million each by then it makes sense. If they have two solid holidays then it's easy to just drop those products.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

33. removed Jun 18, 2013, 20:10 Blaster

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 18, 2013, 20:15.

32. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 20:01 Rattlehead

FOOK2 (Fallout overhaul kit) is definitely the best mod if you aren't looking to change anything. It's bug fixes and some cosmetic changes with some added content that fits in with the game perfectly.  

31. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 19:51 Silicon Avatar

I'd get all the unofficial NV patch mods for sure.

I also like Nevada Skies.

I also run J.E. Sawyer's mod. I am surprised nobody mentioned it yet. I kind of consider it part of the game.
http://twofoldsilence.diogenes-lamp.info/2012/09/jsawyeresp-v5.html

I have my NV running with a "full screen window" utility that gets rid of micro-stutter and the 4gb extender (to enable more RAM for RAM guzzling texture mods) plus NV FOSE (the script extender).

It took some tweaking to get everything right but now it's great and I'm playing through for the second time. I LOVE the "Old World Blues" DLC.

New Vegas Bounties is pretty fun too.

Note: The mods that turn the city of New Vegas into one huge area almost always eventually caused problems for me and I think I tried them all. Not worth it.

Monster mod is gone from the Nexus but you can probably still find it on sites that are less picky.

If you want to fight a lot look into A World of Pain.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/38719//?

30. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 19:22 Creston

Project Nevada is considered to be the top overhaul mod for NV, and I'd definitely check Martigen's.... I forgot what he called it for Vegas... Monster Mod still?

Darn's UI is a must too.

Creston

29. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 19:22 MajorD

I'm playing (and loving) Fallout NV right now - my first attempted playthrough got cut off with a hardware failure that required a rebuild pretty early in, so believe it or not I am just now experiencing it for the first time. As a fan of the first 2 seminal games in the series, I still see enough "Fallout" in NV to be worthy of the name despite the perspective change. It's a great game - the fun exploration easily makes up for its other shortcomings.

Ironically I just loaded my 144th mod for New Vegas, and have it pretty much dialed-in, fined tuned, and running great. No CTDs, no stuttering, or issues so far; hopefully they don't rear their ugly head over time as my save file grows.

Have you gone to NexusMods and loaded up an mods, or are you just running Vanilla?

Enjoy!

28. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 18:51 Prez

EDIT - On that note, are there any must-have mods for New Vegas? The Brazil one looks amazing but I have tried it yet.

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 2013, 19:17.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

27. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 18:23 Techie714 ©

Played Fallout 1 in the 90's
Played Fallout 2 & went to the launch party in Irvine back in the 90's
Played Fallout 3 (over 200 hours!)
Played Fallout NV (over 100 hours)
Next tattoo might be Fallout related? Maybe

Yea, I'm looking forward to Fallout 4!

Also $150.00 backer for Wasteland 2!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

26. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 18:19 Grubworm

lmao you guys are all to rawr. Fallout and fallout 2 were great games.
Fallout went way down hill with fallout 3, so for me fallout 4 looks to be another console crud.
Wasteland 2 looks to be a great pc game and just wanted people to know about it. For people that didn't know wasteland is where fallout got it start. Wasteland is also the best PC rpg of all times.

25. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 18:03 NKD

jimnms wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 17:44:
Grubworm wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 15:24:
who cares about fallout 4 when wasteland 2 is coming.
http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/

I didn't know we are only allowed to care about one game at a time! Well fuck me, I've been doing it wrong all this time.

Who cares about Wasteland 2 when the sun is going to turn into a red giant and bake our planet crispy?

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

24. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 17:44 jimnms

Grubworm wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 15:24:
who cares about fallout 4 when wasteland 2 is coming.
http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/

I didn't know we are only allowed to care about one game at a time! Well fuck me, I've been doing it wrong all this time.

MeanJim on Steam

23. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 17:23 Julio

If it's not isometric and turn based, it's not Fallout to me. Bring on Wasteland 2 instead.  

22. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 16:33 LittleMe

Fingers crossed that Bethesda will actually finish and polish the game this time. Yeah, and, forget the last gen consoles, or at least down-port to them please.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo