Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 18:43 KezClone

Why didn't Angry Joe stuff the mic down Majordoosh's throat when he grabbed Joe's mic from him?

I'd buy an Xbone to see that on TV*.

*I'm lying.

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 17:58 Tumbler

Microsoft Addresses Geographical Concerns Over Cloud Service for Xbox One

All the crap microsoft is spewing about the cloud making their system better sounds a lot like the "Blu-Ray makes ps3 better" marketing blurbs.

The few examples they give for how it does this basically sounds like dedicated servers...If dedicated servers can make my pc 2x faster then sign me the fuck up. What am I doing buying all this expensive hardware when I can just rent the extra horsepower I need from a server somewhere and POOF, CRYSIS 3 ULTRA SETTINGS.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 17:33 Beamer

nin wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 16:37:
All of the Gateway merchandising had to be in the Gateway part of the store, no exceptions. It backfired for Gateway because all of the Dell, Sony, HP, Compaq, etc was in one place...where people could easily compare and contrast....and all of the Gateway stuff was in a whole different area.

It really does make you wonder about the people that work in marketing...

If you have a strong enough brand, like Apple, it makes sense. An Apple section, or a Beats section, will draw people in, make it seem more special, etc.

But, honestly, how many brands fit that? In consumer electronics it's probably Apple and Beats.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 17:25 Julio

Tom wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 14:12:
Xbox One sucks but Gamestop sucks even more. Screw them.

Gamestop>Xflop One, and I really don't like Gamestop.

Good excuse from EA not to do PC sports games, though I prefer them on consoles anyway.

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 16:37 nin

All of the Gateway merchandising had to be in the Gateway part of the store, no exceptions. It backfired for Gateway because all of the Dell, Sony, HP, Compaq, etc was in one place...where people could easily compare and contrast....and all of the Gateway stuff was in a whole different area.

It really does make you wonder about the people that work in marketing...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 16:02 Jivaro

Perhaps Best Buy is going to let MS market it's own stuff in those kiosk areas rather than waste valuable floor space with redundant advertising. When Gateway Computers opened up kiosks in Office Max stores that is exactly what happened. All of the Gateway merchandising had to be in the Gateway part of the store, no exceptions. It backfired for Gateway because all of the Dell, Sony, HP, Compaq, etc was in one place...where people could easily compare and contrast....and all of the Gateway stuff was in a whole different area. Since Office Max staff, generally speaking, resented the whole "store within a store" concept, the Gateway kiosks were largely ghost towns and were predictably closed after roughly a year.

Given Microsoft's recent line of failures, it isn't a stretch to see the same thing occurring despite the obvious differences between Gateway and MS as companies.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 15:33 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 10:11:
Apparently Gamestop and BB are actively steering people toward the PS4, lots of user reports in the past few days of people going into local Best Buys and Gamestop stores and being told the Xbox One is inferior and restrictive. Gamestop apparently has an unofficial policy to educate/push preorders of PS4 stuff if the customer mentions the Xbox One. This sort of jives with what I noticed driving by my local Gamestop, they took down all of the MS related marketing stuff and threw up posters of Vita, PS4 and Sony crap all over the front entrance.

Gamestop... I'm not surprised, since they are a used games dealer.

Best Buy... surprises me a little... especially since they are supposed to be opening "Microsoft Stores" inside them, soon.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 15:27 Cutter

Verno wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 14:41:
DangerDog wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 14:40:
Where everyone else will see failure, Microsoft will spin it to make it seem like they're happy with the sales numbers.

For sure, the Surface flop is a perfect example of that.

Windows 8, Windows phones, Zune, et al. Soon they're going to have change their name to Fail Soft. What could have been the biggest, most powerful tech company in the world by a long shot being plowed into the ground because of Ballmer.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 14:41 Verno

DangerDog wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 14:40:
Where everyone else will see failure, Microsoft will spin it to make it seem like they're happy with the sales numbers.

For sure, the Surface flop is a perfect example of that.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 14:40 DangerDog

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 14:12 Tom

Xbox One sucks but Gamestop sucks even more. Screw them.  

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 13:55 Rattlehead

I know your trades will be upped 30% in value if your credit goes towards preordering a ps4.  

3. removed Jun 18, 2013, 12:42 Blaster

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 18, 2013, 14:45.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 11:27 Creston

The first time in forever that I've actively liked Gamestop. What's even funnier is that they're actually telling the truth. The Xbone IS inferior and restrictive.

I'm gonna take a stab at answering the Microsoft Addresses Geographical Concerns thing: "I mean, come on... so we're not gonna sell in Poland. We're talking about fucking Poland here, people! Do you live in Poland? Who does, amirite?? Huh? Yeah! TV! XBONE!"

*reads article*

Awww, dammit.

Creston

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 10:11 Verno

Apparently Gamestop and BB are actively steering people toward the PS4, lots of user reports in the past few days of people going into local Best Buys and Gamestop stores and being told the Xbox One is inferior and restrictive. Gamestop apparently has an unofficial policy to educate/push preorders of PS4 stuff if the customer mentions the Xbox One. This sort of jives with what I noticed driving by my local Gamestop, they took down all of the MS related marketing stuff and threw up posters of Vita, PS4 and Sony crap all over the front entrance.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo