Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: etc. Jun 18, 2013, 23:11 SlimRam

• Avalanche Chooses "Generic" American Actor to Voice Mad Max, We Petition for the Opposite

• Now i'm REALLY confused?? I always just assumed that the game (and actors) would be based in Australia? The fact that it's not kinda cheapens the whole shebang doesn't it? If I were an aussie or a hardcore fan (which I do love this universe ALOT) I think I would be pissed too. I mean aren't ALL the movies based IN Australia? *scratching my head on this decision*

P.S. On a side note, I would imagine there are a few aussies on Blues and I can also verify by personal experience that understanding australian slang to an North American is almost impossible. Years ago I use to have an australian friend online and I asked them to tell me something in slang that I would NEVER figure out.......*shaking head* YEAH I had nooooooooo freaking CLUE what they said

They always say that everyone's good at something...

I just have to find the right kind of place that appreciates nude juggling of a midget, a hand grenade, and a porcupine while playing the kazoo and riding a unicycle backwards without a seat
    Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: etc. Jun 18, 2013, 11:45 eRe4s3r

I am German So for me it was really hard to follow the Aussia version ^^ I have no problem with normal English or American English... although I need subtitles for some of those old western flicks if they mumble too much (Sadly, that's the case for me in the Aussia Mad Max version)  

4. Re: etc. Jun 18, 2013, 11:24 Grumpy Sod

Since I'm English, and you threw the word around lots, I'm now confused

Afaik, we here in England (who are native English), got the original Aussie version, and even as a child I could follow it fine.

If it in fact turns out I saw the US dub, then I'm extra surprised.

3. Re: etc. Jun 18, 2013, 10:35 eRe4s3r

no, only the first. But I am glad it got a DUB, I got the original aussi audio track and didn't understand a word. They use too much slang to be understandable unless you are Australian... and if you are not native English, you probably need subtitles for the english dub, because even with subtitles the slang makes many parts impossible to get.  

2. Re: etc. Jun 18, 2013, 10:16 Grumpy Sod

I never knew it got dubbed in the US. That's insane, especially given it wasn't exactly a mainstream film, so why fuck with it when it's going to remain a niche film regardless?

Anyone know if they dubbed any later ones in the series?

1. are you Mad.........Max? Jun 18, 2013, 09:30 Shataan

"I asked them after the presentation what the decision behind that was, and if they'd change it, but was met with "we wanted someone generic"

They wanted some one "Generican" = Generic American. The Aussies and fans might not concur. ;p I know I don`t. Thank the Gods this is an azzcam game and I won`t be touching it. But still....,. Mad Max is an Aussie. Always has been, always should be. ;p

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo