Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 08:45 nin

InBlack wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 08:10:
aesir05 wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 05:39:
I believe MS announced more exclusives that Sony has so far.
What MS has is their recent partnership with EA which will probably be MS throwing money at the big publishers to get some sort of a deal to make their console more appealing as far as games go.

You'd think retailers would push the PS4's onto the consumer when selling but I think they are also waiting to figure out how the xbox used game system will work for them.

In Australia the pricing has been announced: PS4 $550 and XB1 $600 on launch day

Is there a particular reason why the price difference between the XBOX and PS4 in the US is 100 $ (USD) while in Australia the price difference between these two consoles is 50 $ AUD, or roughly 47 USD? What the hell??

Australia always gets fucked on pricing.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 08:10 InBlack

What MS has is their recent partnership with EA which will probably be MS throwing money at the big publishers to get some sort of a deal to make their console more appealing as far as games go.

You'd think retailers would push the PS4's onto the consumer when selling but I think they are also waiting to figure out how the xbox used game system will work for them.

In Australia the pricing has been announced: PS4 $550 and XB1 $600 on launch day

Is there a particular reason why the price difference between the XBOX and PS4 in the US is 100 $ (USD) while in Australia the price difference between these two consoles is 50 $ AUD, or roughly 47 USD? What the hell??

I have a nifty blue line!

21. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 07:27 Golwar

Redmask wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 07:07:

Microsoft has 15 exclusives, 8 of which are new IP. Sony has 20 exclusives, 12 of which are new IP. Microsoft will also abandon its exclusive efforts after the first year or two where Sony will keep going. The retailers here are pushing the PS4 pretty hard, I've been to 4 stores recently and none tried to steer me towards an Xbox One it was pretty much the opposite.

PS4, the only red ring is the O button.

Not to forget that large parts of MS's exclusivity depend on them spending money so that games aren't released multiplatform. See Titanfall. That's just the destructive side of exclusivity. The creative side brings results as The Last of Us, Journey etc.

And agreed, MS tends to "forget" systems, see the last 2 or 3 years on the 360. You got Halo, Gears of War and Kinect games. Either casual crap or shooters.

20. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 07:07 Redmask

Microsoft has 15 exclusives, 8 of which are new IP. Sony has 20 exclusives, 12 of which are new IP. Microsoft will also abandon its exclusive efforts after the first year or two where Sony will keep going. The retailers here are pushing the PS4 pretty hard, I've been to 4 stores recently and none tried to steer me towards an Xbox One it was pretty much the opposite.

PS4, the only red ring is the O button.

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 2013, 07:18.

19. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 05:39 aesir05

18. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 05:22 Julio

NKD wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 20:50:
Why is Mattrick still employed?

He's at Microsoft, home of Windows 8, the office ribbon, and the surface tablet. I'm expecting Mattrick to be promoted based on his achievements there.

17. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 04:20 Fantaz

Microsoft needs to do something... damage control, anything... they just need to do it fast, or it will be over before it begins.

Oh, cutting the price is something they can do? (removing Kinect to cut costs perhaps?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzDsYEPkSc4

16. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 00:52 NegaDeath

Jivaro wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 00:43:
Exactly.

A power boat with a built in TV, microwave, and blender would be damn cool. Or, it would be if it was an awesome power boat first, and everything else second. If it was an awesome TV but the boat leaked...well...

*incoming XBone sinking ship analogy*

I might be able to whip up an Xbox/Toilet.

Achievement hnnnnnnnnnngg unlocked!

15. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 00:43 Jivaro

Beamer wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 00:36:
Using my same analogy as before, I could make a TV that's also a microwave, a blender, and a power boat, and charge less than those 4 combined. I'd be delivering ridiculous value for the dollar.

But only if you wanted all 4. If you only wanted one of those 4, well, it would be a huge waste...

Exactly.

A power boat with a built in TV, microwave, and blender would be damn cool. Or, it would be if it was an awesome power boat first, and everything else second. If it was an awesome TV but the boat leaked...well...

*incoming XBone sinking ship analogy*

14. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 00:36 Beamer

Using my same analogy as before, I could make a TV that's also a microwave, a blender, and a power boat, and charge less than those 4 combined. I'd be delivering ridiculous value for the dollar.

But only if you wanted all 4. If you only wanted one of those 4, well, it would be a huge waste...

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

13. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 17, 2013, 22:45 PropheT

When asked what Xbox One could offer to win the next generation console wars, Mattrick talked about "devices and services". He added, "We've got a bunch of unique assets, starting with Xbox Live, the largest community in the world with 46 million members, we have innovation in Xbox One with our Kinect sensor and SmartGlass two great examples. We have services like Skype and the ability to drive search and internet exploration."

So if I don't want Kinect, and I don't, the thousands of dollars of value suddenly becomes stuff I either already have on other systems or can get in better forms on my PC or even my phone.

Xbox Live isn't a selling point, it's a necessity if you own the system. I can't imagine there's anyone but the most diehard MS fans that would buy it because it has Xbox Live rather than buying Live because there's no other option if you already have the system.

It's also strange that every single one of those things is of questionable value when it comes to the games themselves. Kinect isn't going to take off into the stratosphere just because they're forcing people to have it now if they want the system.

12. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 17, 2013, 21:42 nin

jdreyer wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 21:36:
Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 20:59:
nin wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 20:55:
Microsoft "over-delivering value" with $499 Xbox One, Mattrick says.

Please please PLEASE let these motherfuckers drive over a cliff in November...

Yeah, I'm sure there are tons of people who cannot wait until this Xmas to see where exactly the rubber meets the road as it were. Question is, can MS even be trusted to report accurate numbers. They're certainly not about padding the numbers or lying outright, we already know this. Yes, let's hope it's a major victory for the consumer and they get absolutely violated sans lube like the new meat in prison.

It'll be obvious at the holidays. PS4 will be sold out, while XBone will be advertising desperate bundles and price drops, yet remain completely in stock. A visit to Gamestop or Toys R Us will show a stack of Xbones to the ceiling and empty PS4 shelves.

Hopefully the shoe will be on the other foot, this time.

11. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 17, 2013, 21:36 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 20:59:

Yeah, I'm sure there are tons of people who cannot wait until this Xmas to see where exactly the rubber meets the road as it were. Question is, can MS even be trusted to report accurate numbers. They're certainly not about padding the numbers or lying outright, we already know this. Yes, let's hope it's a major victory for the consumer and they get absolutely violated sans lube like the new meat in prison.

It'll be obvious at the holidays. PS4 will be sold out, while XBone will be advertising desperate bundles and price drops, yet remain completely in stock. A visit to Gamestop or Toys R Us will show a stack of Xbones to the ceiling and empty PS4 shelves.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

10. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 17, 2013, 21:16 Redmask

It's hilarious to watch Microsoft repeat the exact same mistakes Sony made with their arrogant PS3 launch.

'We are overproviding value, $500 is a steal, people will get 2 jobs to buy this!'

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 17, 2013, 21:12 Suckage

He's saying exactly what's expected of him at Microsoft?

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 17, 2013, 21:06 nin

So here's something interesting...

Looking here, we see the current Best Sellers: PS4 @ 1, XBOne Day 1 Edition @ 2 (still available!!!), and several PS4 bundles below it.

But looking HERE, at the "Best Sellers or 2013 (So Far)", the XBOne is @...the 8th position...ranking lower than points cards and 360 controllers.

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 17, 2013, 21:02 Pigeon

Sony must break out the champagne anytime someone at MS makes a statement. I have to admit its gotten to the point where I eagerly await the next ridiculous thing they do. They've become the Mr. Bean of the electronics world, only less lovable.

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 17, 2013, 20:59 Cutter

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 17, 2013, 20:55 nin

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 17, 2013, 20:50 NKD

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo