Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Safety Dance

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 18, 2013, 07:47 Golwar

shihonage wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 01:25:
2) America is a big country. There are bound to be pissed off people. He put his girlfriend right in the crosshairs and just left her there. This makes sense HOW?

Besides the other crap that you posted, this alone should be an eye opener.

Why exactly do you think that leaving his gf back should put her in the crosshairs? If she has nothing to do with his actions, who should mind her existence?

And if your answer should be either "USA, NSA or legal prosecution", then congrats, you'd just have confirmed that the USA is a country were rights and wrongs don't matter and that Snowden did the absolutely right thing.

And just to clarify that, I don't think that his gf is in any danger. Snowden did the only right thing and decided to pay the price for being a whistle blower all alone. But that's just too far above your head shihonage.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 18, 2013, 07:09 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 00:44:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 00:16:
Wow are those two for real? I thought this Snowden hate was mythical.

Top NSA officials like the guy

The far-right has always hated democracy, freedom, etc. they're dyed in the wool fascists, racists, and bigots. They imagine a world where something akin to the Third Reich won and this would somehow have meaning and they'd be important men in that world instead of living the empty and powerless lives they lead - which of course is the fault of everyone else except those like them. They're a prime argument that mental health care needs to be readily available and affordable to those who need it.

The left doesn't much care for it either. Obama and his cronies like Holder has proven that so far over and over again. It's certainly not limited to one party. I'm sure if he could Obama would wipe his ass with the Constitution every day. He's already done that theoretically anyway.

You're going to honestly try to tell me that the party that continually pushes for more government involvement rather than less actually cares about you? What is this affordable health care you speak of? It's certainly not Obamacare since that will cost every American more.

18. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 18, 2013, 05:37 InBlack

Yeah, I mean its unthinkable that someone would willingly destroy and sacrifice his entire life for a belief or an idea he believes strongly in. That never, ever happened in history...

/sarcasm

I have a nifty blue line!

17. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 18, 2013, 05:25 Julio

shihonage wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 01:43:
Would YOU leave your girlfriend behind, not telling her anything, and go to a foreign country? I don't think so. Most reasonable/sane humans would not.

Maybe he's just not into her that much, he didn't marry her did he?

16. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 18, 2013, 03:42 InBlack

I just have one question for you shinogan? Do you believe in anything? (And I dont mean God, although I guess you could include him/her/it)  

I have a nifty blue line!

15. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 18, 2013, 01:55 NegaDeath

shihonage wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 01:43:
Yep yep, keep on defending his actions, no matter how far away they are from common sense. Because life is a Jason Bourne movie, and everyone wants to believe that, I guess?

Would YOU leave your girlfriend behind, not telling her anything, and go to a foreign country?

I don't think so. Most reasonable/sane humans would not.

Jason Bourne? Wtf are you even talking about? Why are you even bringing his girlfriend up? Its utterly irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Standard shill practice. Attack the man, change the topic. We're done here.

14. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 18, 2013, 01:43 shihonage

NegaDeath wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 01:37:
1) Delusions of grandeur. Similar programs have been known to exist since 1997. And there was already a scandal about this in 2006.

2) America is a big country. There are bound to be pissed off people. He put his girlfriend right in the crosshairs and just left her there. This makes sense HOW?

1) Ok. And? Scandals have a double jeopardy clause now? Is that an NSA thing?

2) Apparently he has more faith in the US than you do.

Yep yep, keep on defending his actions, no matter how far away they are from common sense. Because life is a Jason Bourne movie, and everyone wants to believe that, I guess?

Would YOU leave your girlfriend behind, not telling her anything, and go to a foreign country?

I don't think so. Most reasonable/sane humans would not.

13. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 18, 2013, 01:37 NegaDeath

1) Delusions of grandeur. Similar programs have been known to exist since 1997. And there was already a scandal about this in 2006.

1) Ok. And? Scandals have a double jeopardy clause now? Is that an NSA thing?

2) Apparently he has more faith in the US than you do.

12. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 18, 2013, 01:25 shihonage

NegaDeath wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 01:10:
shihonage wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 01:00:
Leaving beautiful girlfriend in a country that can easily use her against him.

Being too good to go through whistleblowing channels already available in the country.

From the article Sepharo posted:

"They had spent decades in the top ranks of the agency, designing and managing the very data-collection systems they say have been turned against Americans. When they became convinced that fundamental constitutional rights were being violated, they complained first to their superiors, then to federal investigators, congressional oversight committees and, finally, to the news media.

To the intelligence community, the trio are villains who compromised what the government classifies as some of its most secret, crucial and successful initiatives. They have been investigated as criminals and forced to give up careers, reputations and friendships built over a lifetime."

So yeah regular channels not much of an option. Besides that though what do you mean by "use her against him"? Until otherwise proven she's committed no crime. Are you saying you think your government will arrest her or harass her simply to use as bait? And you're ok with that?

11. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 18, 2013, 01:22 shihonage

Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 00:44:

The far-right has always hated democracy, freedom, etc. they're dyed in the wool fascists, racists, and bigots. They imagine a world where something akin to the Third Reich won and this would somehow have meaning and they'd be important men in that world instead of living the empty and powerless lives they lead - which of course is the fault of everyone else except those like them. They're a prime argument that mental health care needs to be readily available and affordable to those who need it.

Mind you, I am against this surveillance, but you went on quite a disjointed rant there.

Given how Obama converted IRS into Stasi of East Germany, your statements are even more hilarious.

It is amazing how easily proles like yourself get goaded into hating "the enemy" by your overlords, just like in 1984. Frothing at the mouth at the convenient caricature.

They did the same thing to us in Soviet Union when it came to America. It takes a former useful idiot to recognize a current one.

10. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 18, 2013, 01:10 NegaDeath

shihonage wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 01:00:

Being too good to go through whistleblowing channels already available in the country.

From the article Sepharo posted:

"They had spent decades in the top ranks of the agency, designing and managing the very data-collection systems they say have been turned against Americans. When they became convinced that fundamental constitutional rights were being violated, they complained first to their superiors, then to federal investigators, congressional oversight committees and, finally, to the news media.

To the intelligence community, the trio are villains who compromised what the government classifies as some of its most secret, crucial and successful initiatives. They have been investigated as criminals and forced to give up careers, reputations and friendships built over a lifetime."

So yeah regular channels not much of an option. Besides that though what do you mean by "use her against him"? Until otherwise proven she's committed no crime. Are you saying you think your government will arrest her or harass her simply to use as bait? And you're ok with that?

9. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 18, 2013, 01:00 shihonage

mag wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 00:13:
Protecting beautiful girlfriend by being nowhere near her when this goes down. Going to Hong Kong, which has a large amount of autonomy from China, and is strongly dedicated to free speech, and has an extradition exception for political crimes.

8. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 18, 2013, 00:44 Cutter

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 18, 2013, 00:16 Sepharo

6. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 18, 2013, 00:13 mag

shihonage wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 23:55:
Edward Snowden is showing himself to be rather weak-minded and easily provoked. This in addition to his actions making no sense (leaving beautiful girlfriend, fleeing to CHINA of all places).

CHINA. The bastion of freedom in the world. Seriously.

Perhaps, being badmouthed by an idiot like Edward Snowden means you're doing something right.

Protecting beautiful girlfriend by being nowhere near her when this goes down. Going to Hong Kong, which has a large amount of autonomy from China, and is strongly dedicated to free speech, and has an extradition exception for political crimes.

5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 17, 2013, 23:55 shihonage

Edward Snowden is showing himself to be rather weak-minded and easily provoked. This in addition to his actions making no sense (leaving beautiful girlfriend, fleeing to CHINA of all places).

CHINA. The bastion of freedom in the world. Seriously.

Perhaps, being badmouthed by an idiot like Edward Snowden means you're doing something right.

4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 17, 2013, 23:40 NegaDeath

Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 22:56:
Oh THAT'S what was missing for him to finish high school.

I agree. Give him a fucking cigar - just lace it with cyanide, first.

And the fruits of the govt and the media lay bare, attack the man not the message.

3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 17, 2013, 22:56 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 21:02:
Further, it's important to bear in mind I'm being called a traitor by men like former Vice President Dick Cheney. This is a man who gave us the warrantless wiretapping scheme as a kind of atrocity warm-up on the way to deceitfully engineering a conflict that has killed over 4,400 and maimed nearly 32,000 Americans, as well as leaving over 100,000 Iraqis dead. Being called a traitor by Dick Cheney is the highest honor you can give an American, and the more panicked talk we hear from people like him, Feinstein, and King, the better off we all are. If they had taught a class on how to be the kind of citizen Dick Cheney worries about, I would have finished high school.

Give that man a fucking cigar!

Oh THAT'S what was missing for him to finish high school.

I agree. Give him a fucking cigar - just lace it with cyanide, first.

2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 17, 2013, 21:21 NKD

Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 21:02:
Further, it's important to bear in mind I'm being called a traitor by men like former Vice President Dick Cheney. This is a man who gave us the warrantless wiretapping scheme as a kind of atrocity warm-up on the way to deceitfully engineering a conflict that has killed over 4,400 and maimed nearly 32,000 Americans, as well as leaving over 100,000 Iraqis dead. Being called a traitor by Dick Cheney is the highest honor you can give an American, and the more panicked talk we hear from people like him, Feinstein, and King, the better off we all are. If they had taught a class on how to be the kind of citizen Dick Cheney worries about, I would have finished high school.

No kidding. That's like the ultimate compliment when Literally Hitler considers you a traitor.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 17, 2013, 21:02 Cutter

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo