Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Interviews

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 19, 2013, 13:29 Paranoid Jack

Creston wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 01:55:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 23:35:
They posted about that though, Creston. They moved all updates and community interactions over to their own website. Since then they have done numerous videos on what is happening with the development process. They show artists drawing concept art and hold a weekly Dev Chat.

Oh, they did? Well, that explains that then. I never saw that update, so maybe it was sent before I backed it.

Ugh, I wish they'd just keep updating through KS. I don't want to go to 15 different websites to check up on all the games I've backed. But that's my problem, not theirs, so I stand corrected.

Creston

You're probably better off. Between http://forsakenvirtues.com and their SotA site they have been bombarding me with e-mail updates. But like you said it's more my problem then theirs since I asked to be kept informed.

Very interested to see the demo footage of the game from the Rooster Teeth Expo in Austin. Only a few weeks out now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 18, 2013, 01:55 Creston

Paranoid Jack wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 23:35:
They posted about that though, Creston. They moved all updates and community interactions over to their own website. Since then they have done numerous videos on what is happening with the development process. They show artists drawing concept art and hold a weekly Dev Chat.

Oh, they did? Well, that explains that then. I never saw that update, so maybe it was sent before I backed it.

Ugh, I wish they'd just keep updating through KS. I don't want to go to 15 different websites to check up on all the games I've backed. But that's my problem, not theirs, so I stand corrected.

Creston

8. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 17, 2013, 23:35 Paranoid Jack

Creston wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 11:48:
Not really, but every single update is just another "Hey, we accept so and so now, so you can upgrade your contribution!"

They have a fucking LAY AWAY plan for people to reach the lord of the manor level (which costs like 10 grand) so they can have a castle in the game.

I backed him because, well, I've probably gotten about 2000 hours of enjoyment out of the Ultima sage, and any chance he can recapture at least some of that magic was worth the 30 bucks, but so far I'm starting to lean quite far towards calling it a fucking scam. They've posted ZERO progress updates on the game since their KS ended.

Creston

I do agree the lay-away plan to buy something you can't afford to buy in the first place is a bit much. But then the community asked for it. I doubt many people except the initial high level backers are purchasing those higher levels. I'd bet most of their lay-away purchasers are just buying a low level house.

7. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 17, 2013, 17:23 KS

Would I consider $10,000 for my own castle in such a game? Well, my total investment in City of Heroes amounted to about $1600 across 2 paid accounts totalling about 9 years of paid subscription + most funpacks.

Not counting /played, I had a good 300 hours invested in base construction, placing close to 4,000 items.

And the world-class bastards at Perfect World shut it down instead of selling it to someone, even Sony EQ for long-term ongoing as part of their one price stable of games.

So, no, I wouldn't. Champions Online showed prefab bases were ghost towns, and ones you carefully construct over hundreds of hours as a hobby will be cavalierly torched when some business (swear word) decides to save money and to try to push you into one of their other games.

No, I don't want a magnificent, $10,000 castle with hundreds of hours of development terminated in 6 years, thanks.

6. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 17, 2013, 16:26 Cutter

Yeah, it's why I didn't kick in on this. I think everyone's going to get F'd in the A on this.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 17, 2013, 14:46 dj LiTh

nin wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 11:57:
They have a fucking LAY AWAY plan for people to reach the lord of the manor level (which costs like 10 grand)

That is so fucked up...

Indeed, especially if it would of been anything like the old UO days where i just litterally stole a castle/house anytime it pleased my Dreadlordness

4. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 17, 2013, 11:57 nin

They have a fucking LAY AWAY plan for people to reach the lord of the manor level (which costs like 10 grand)

That is so fucked up...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 17, 2013, 11:48 Creston

Not really, but every single update is just another "Hey, we accept so and so now, so you can upgrade your contribution!"

They have a fucking LAY AWAY plan for people to reach the lord of the manor level (which costs like 10 grand) so they can have a castle in the game.

I backed him because, well, I've probably gotten about 2000 hours of enjoyment out of the Ultima sage, and any chance he can recapture at least some of that magic was worth the 30 bucks, but so far I'm starting to lean quite far towards calling it a fucking scam. They've posted ZERO progress updates on the game since their KS ended.

Creston

2. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 17, 2013, 11:20 nin

Creston wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 11:04:
Lord British on how every single update about his Kickstarter has been "Hey guys, we've come up with yet another new way for you to give us more money! Work? On the game? Why would we do that?"

Creston

I've not been following it, is he asking for additional funds now?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 17, 2013, 11:04 Creston

Lord British on how every single update about his Kickstarter has been "Hey guys, we've come up with yet another new way for you to give us more money! Work? On the game? Why would we do that?"

Creston

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo